AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-02-01, 23:49   Link #101
Shadow5YA

I don't know why she was so shocked either. 25 really isn't that old even by Japanese standards. How many age 30+ Japanese seiyuu are there now that are saying they're 17 years old?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 17:59   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 33:
Old 2021-03-05, 18:07   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kana's suffering never ends
Old 2021-04-01, 10:10   Link #104
Sixth
Hu Tao

The chapter is out.

Aka just "killed" a new character that got introduced in the same chapter. That was cold.

And Kana is so cute in this chapter after learning that Aqua and Akane are not a couple...yet.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 15:13   Link #105
Wandering Soul

I don't really feel like the new character got a bad ending. She got to enjoy her dream as an idol for a while and left the industry without any real drama affecting her ability to live a normal life. She even got a good job not soon after. She may have not reached the top, but she did pretty well for herself.

Next time the Aqua, Kana, and Akane love triangle continues.
Old 2021-04-01, 17:59   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought the focus on that new character was going to lead to her wanting to join B-Komachi, but it was the opposite
At least she got a good "ending".

I never understood why they make idol groups with close to 50 members (hers was a hundred, but split into smaller groups of ten). What's the point? Only a handful will stand out. Might as well make a group with just them.
Old 2021-04-07, 23:09   Link #107
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought the focus on that new character was going to lead to her wanting to join B-Komachi, but it was the opposite
At least she got a good "ending".

I never understood why they make idol groups with close to 50 members (hers was a hundred, but split into smaller groups of ten). What's the point? Only a handful will stand out. Might as well make a group with just them.
Even if only a handful stand out later, you can't necessarily predict who will thrive internally until after time passes in the real world with audience reception.

There's also the fact that similar to how Youtube and content creators are, there's a diverse variety of audiences that don't necessarily overlap. Many of those idol groups can cover different niches without directly competing.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2021-04-07 at 23:45.
Old 2021-04-22, 08:46   Link #108
Sixth
Hu Tao

The new arc is really giving me the strong vibe of Act Age.

While Kana is self-loathing on her own acting ability, Akane is actually thinking that Kana is a threat to her acting career because she thinks that Kana is a genius.
Old 2021-04-22, 18:21   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked the focus on Ruby in the first half. It's just so rare.
Old 2021-04-22, 20:11   Link #110
Wandering Soul

It's been a while since Ruby really felt like a heroine so the first half was nice.

Akane looks pretty good with long hair. I wonder what's up with Aqua's reaction to that guy.
Old 2021-04-23, 00:29   Link #111
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It's been a while since Ruby really felt like a heroine so the first half was nice.

Akane looks pretty good with long hair. I wonder what's up with Aqua's reaction to that guy.
Aqua is looking for anyone with a connection to his father or Ai. That's his next target.
Old 2021-05-14, 03:19   Link #112
Sixth
Hu Tao

It seems that Kana is really underestimating herself so much that she thinks that Akane is a better actress than her, when in reality, she is probably a better actress than Akane as long as she doesn't hold back.

Also, Akane's pout is cute.
Old 2021-05-14, 07:50   Link #113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that we have the details of Akane's character, Kana is definitely in a better position than her.
Old 2021-05-14, 07:59   Link #114
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Now that we have the details of Akane's character, Kana is definitely in a better position than her.
Indeed. No wonder Akane treated Kana as a threat because she is indeed a threat (ala a better actress) to Akane.

It is just Kana is just unlucky enough to keep getting herself into a bad environment.
Old 2021-05-14, 13:02   Link #115
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
It seems that Kana is really underestimating herself so much that she thinks that Akane is a better actress than her, when in reality, she is probably a better actress than Akane as long as she doesn't hold back.

Also, Akane's pout is cute.
The director already mentioned it in the previous chapter. They're just paying attention to different things.

Akane is in her element when she emulates, while Kana is better at adapting and improvising. It just happens that this time what Akane has to emulate is a mediocre character while Kana gets to adjust to a better environment of supporting actors.
You can certainly make a case that Kana's style is more practical, but they have a good reason to be jealous about each other's acting. They thrive in different environments.

Also, for what it's worth, I think the original mangaka showing up to the rehearsals will help Akane quite a bit. Most likely what will happen is that Abiko will give a better insight on what kind of character Saya-hime was originally supposed to be, and that will give Akane something better to work with.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2021-05-14 at 14:25.
Old 2021-06-04, 17:10   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I feel really bad for the scriptwriter. It's pretty clear the current situation isn't his fault, but the mangaka doesn't have a way of knowing that.

With this being the second arc dealing with an adaption of a manga the original author is unhappy with, I can't help but think Aka is drawing from his own experience and referencing real events. The Kaguya live-action, maybe? Never watched it, so I don't know how they handled things.
Old 2021-06-04, 23:58   Link #117
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I feel really bad for the scriptwriter. It's pretty clear the current situation isn't his fault, but the mangaka doesn't have a way of knowing that.

With this being the second arc dealing with an adaption of a manga the original author is unhappy with, I can't help but think Aka is drawing from his own experience and referencing real events. The Kaguya live-action, maybe? Never watched it, so I don't know how they handled things.
It doesn't have to be about himself. He's fairly well connected so he could be drawing from an experience that was told by one of his drinking buddies.

The tone of the story is also fairly level-headed, so I think his own experiences have been that bad.
Old 2021-06-12, 13:34   Link #118
Sixth
Hu Tao

First time hearing such thing like Stage 2.5 theater.

It is Akane dating chapter.
Old 2021-06-12, 15:19   Link #119
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
First time hearing such thing like Stage 2.5 theater.

It is Akane dating chapter.
I've been to theaters with moving stages, but not something that rotates the seating itself, so that was very interesting to hear. Akane is definitely up there as best girl alongside Kana, they help cultivate Aqua's better nature.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 18:21   Link #120
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had never heard of these types of theaters before either. It kind of blew my mind. I'm starting to get why Japan adapts so many manga/anime into stage plays.

I don't know anything about theater but I'm pretty sure we don't have anything like that here.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy