Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-10-22, 01:22   Link #3901
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
The more the characters in the story say that kids can't do anything to face a problem of this proportion, the more I'm convinced that a certain student council will be the key to solve everything.
Mainly wrt the situation with Kaguya, as opposed to the larger corporate picture, which is out of their purview anyhow.
Old 2021-10-22, 07:38   Link #3902
Sixth
Hu Tao

Such escalation.

Ishigami in the very chapter said that kids have no role in the adult fight and the next thing we have a kid is now meeting the "final boss".

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing when Un Yo bought Miyuki a lunch and then both of them are having their lunch at the roadside.

The best part is Miyuki completely has the unrealistic impression that rich people don't eat regular foods or do regular things out there.
Old 2021-10-22, 09:54   Link #3903
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
The more the characters in the story say that kids can't do anything to face a problem of this proportion, the more I'm convinced that a certain student council will be the key to solve everything.
Yeah, that tends to be how things work. If people keep saying it's impossible, foolish, a suicide mission, it's almost certain it'll work. On top of that, the longer any particular person continues to hold back saying "it won't work", the more likely it is that their participation will play a crucial role. If they run off or refuse to even entertain the possibility of serving any purpose, chances are they'll show up at the last moment, throw one blow, and tip the scales.
Old 2021-10-22, 13:51   Link #3904
Shadow5YA

I really hope Gan'an isn't going to be whitewashed and suddenly confess that he loved Kaguya and her mother all this time while Oko is pulling the strings.
Old 2021-10-22, 14:27   Link #3905
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Yeah, that tends to be how things work. If people keep saying it's impossible, foolish, a suicide mission, it's almost certain it'll work. On top of that, the longer any particular person continues to hold back saying "it won't work", the more likely it is that their participation will play a crucial role. If they run off or refuse to even entertain the possibility of serving any purpose, chances are they'll show up at the last moment, throw one blow, and tip the scales.
On the other hand, if Aka chose to do the exact opposite it wouldn't surprise me either, given that he hasn't necessarily played to expectations in more than one instance so whatever makes sense in the context would be perfectly fine.
Old 2021-10-22, 18:34   Link #3906
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I really hope Gan'an isn't going to be whitewashed and suddenly confess that he loved Kaguya and her mother all this time while Oko is pulling the strings.
I think that's exactly what's going to happen. Why else would he want to talk to Kaguya's boyfriend while he's on his deathbed?
Old 2021-10-22, 20:12   Link #3907
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think that's exactly what's going to happen. Why else would he want to talk to Kaguya's boyfriend while he's on his deathbed?
To be fair, Un'yo wanted to get a hold of Hayasaka first, not Miyuki.
Old 2021-10-22, 23:27   Link #3908
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Miyuki reaction so plain, comedic part is explaining cost of private jet?

I guess Aka really wanted to be done with this and move to the other ones.
Old 2021-10-23, 03:58   Link #3909
Schpittfeuer

Quote:
I thought it would be brilliant if this was resolved in a comical way, for example Kaguyas father was always loving his only daughter but he was afraid of her because if the Ice Kaguya thing, and that's why he avoided her
Old 2021-10-23, 06:59   Link #3910
Spanish-kun

Talking Ñ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Name: Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no renai zunousen
Alternative name: Kaguya wants to be confessed.
Author: Akasaka Aka

Synopsis:

It is sort of like Death note: the romcom. Where both main characters employ various over convulsive mind games to get other one make first step... with hilariously mixed results. Manga became the enough popular to switch from monthly magazine to weekly one recently
This manga is peak fiction.
Old 2021-10-23, 16:05   Link #3911
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Well, realizing your clock's about to run out does make you realize things you hadn't.
Some of his actions MAY have been in part out of an instinct to "protect" Kaguya, just as his "don't love ever" could conceivably be a reaction to the pain he felt with his wife's death: marry, but don't love as that will only bring pain. That said, I can't buy that business wasn't first in his mind, even if a part of him pursued the business in the first place for the sake of his family.
Old 2021-10-23, 16:45   Link #3912
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Well, realizing your clock's about to run out does make you realize things you hadn't.
Some of his actions MAY have been in part out of an instinct to "protect" Kaguya, just as his "don't love ever" could conceivably be a reaction to the pain he felt with his wife's death: marry, but don't love as that will only bring pain. That said, I can't buy that business wasn't first in his mind, even if a part of him pursued the business in the first place for the sake of his family.
Isn't Kaguya the daughter of a mistress?
Old 2021-10-23, 17:19   Link #3913
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I'm really hoping it doesn't go down that direction either, but it seems like it may.
Old 2021-10-25, 12:20   Link #3914
WingedAccelerator

True Hayasaka is the homewrecker we made along the way.

Spoiler for Chapter 242:
Old 2021-10-25, 16:05   Link #3915
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 242:
With that piece of information, anyone else wondering if
Spoiler for Chapter 242:
Old 2021-10-25, 18:36   Link #3916
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
True Hayasaka is the homewrecker we made along the way.

Spoiler for Chapter 242:
Spoiler for 242:
Old 2021-10-25, 20:54   Link #3917
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Spoiler for 242:
To be fair, we already knew she was a mistress before this. We just didn't know she was that kind of mistress
Old 2021-10-25, 21:27   Link #3918
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Spoiler for 242:
Spoiler for 242:
Old 2021-10-26, 03:01   Link #3919
Reim

Anyway good chapter

Last edited by Reim; 2021-10-28 at 13:07.
Old 2021-10-27, 06:19   Link #3920
thunder123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Spoiler for 242:
Maybe he only had Kaguya as his daughter so he brought her in to use her for poilitical marriage or something?
Closed Thread

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life