AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-02-26, 17:53   Link #301
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Btw, I know it's pretty late to say this, but if Aqua and Ruby are both natural blondes, wouldn't it have made more sense to focus the DNA tests around predominantly blonde men or men with history of blonde hair in their lineage rather than indiscriminately testing every guy you come across (just because Ai was acquainted with them)? A simple process of elimination would've sufficed for some of the prospective fathers. I'm not daft to suggest that it would work for all of them, but come on, there had to be a few that could've been immediately crossed off without needing a DNA test to confirm that they're duds . They didn't inherit Ai's hair colour, so it's not groundless or superficial to have that type of mindset. Lo and behold, their father has the same hair colour.
To be fair, investigate that the men have history of blonde hair in their linage will be pretty complicated too. Maybe it's less expensive, but it would take a lot more time.

Maybe Aqua could focus the DNA test only on blonde men, but he wouldn't discovered his half-brother that way.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 19:38   Link #302
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Btw, I know it's pretty late to say this, but if Aqua and Ruby are both natural blondes, wouldn't it have made more sense to focus the DNA tests around predominantly blonde men or men with history of blonde hair in their lineage rather than indiscriminately testing every guy you come across (just because Ai was acquainted with them)? A simple process of elimination would've sufficed for some of the prospective fathers. I'm not daft to suggest that it would work for all of them, but come on, there had to be a few that could've been immediately crossed off without needing a DNA test to confirm that they're duds . They didn't inherit Ai's hair colour, so it's not groundless or superficial to have that type of mindset. Lo and behold, their father has the same hair colour.
No, because blonde hair is a recessive trait. You can carry the genes for lighter blonde hair while still having dark brown/black hair.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 21:31   Link #303
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
To be fair, investigate that the men have history of blonde hair in their linage will be pretty complicated too. Maybe it's less expensive, but it would take a lot more time.

Maybe Aqua could focus the DNA test only on blonde men, but he wouldn't discovered his half-brother that way.
Fair point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, because blonde hair is a recessive trait. You can carry the genes for lighter blonde hair while still having dark brown/black hair.
I'm aware, hence why I said that he run DNA tests on predominantly blonde men and men coming from lineages with blonde ancestors.

Also, Ik that applying real world logic to fiction is not the best example, but considering that they're Japanese and black hair is extremely common among the people, it isn't too much of a stretch to do as I suggested. The fact that they've got blonde hair implies that they have Caucasian ancestry.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-04, 03:48   Link #304
Twi

New chapter is out. Mostly a chill date chapter where Kana figures she might have an actual chance because Aqua is opening up a bit more now that he no longer has to seek revenge. That won't last long.
Old 2022-03-04, 18:04   Link #305
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Is Aqua actually trying to seduce Kana? He tried every trick in his old self's book to turn their little outing into a real date. Oh, and I'm so glad Goro wasn't a virgin like most protagonists who get reincarnated. Sounds like he was actually quite the ladies' man.
Old 2022-03-05, 07:03   Link #306
Sixth
Hu Tao

His half-brother was right that they are indeed their father's sons.

No female actress will be able to resist their alpha gene.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-05, 07:48   Link #307
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is Aqua actually trying to seduce Kana? He tried every trick in his old self's book to turn their little outing into a real date. Oh, and I'm so glad Goro wasn't a virgin like most protagonists who get reincarnated. Sounds like he was actually quite the ladies' man.
I think it's more like dating is how Aqua socialized in his past life. It's not like he's serious about Kana, but he just doesn't know how to hang out normally the way kids would.
Old 2022-03-05, 08:26   Link #308
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I think it's more like dating is how Aqua socialized in his past life. It's not like he's serious about Kana, but he just doesn't know how to hang out normally the way kids would.
That makes sense.
Old 2022-03-05, 17:08   Link #309
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Just finished reading the chapter. Was a little confused about this myself, but then I saw your post and everything clicked. You're likely correct with this assessment.

Other than that, Kana shippers (me) got a bit of fanservice with this one. Not much went down this chapter, but I'm still satisfied with what I got.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2022-03-05, 21:50   Link #310
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
His half-brother was right that they are indeed their father's sons.

No female actress will be able to resist their alpha gene.
He really is. Hopefully Aqua sorts out his romantic woes before he follows too much in his old man's footsteps.
Old 2022-03-11, 12:47   Link #311
Twi

Oshi no Ko updated to 74. New girl that reminds me of that witch from XXXholic appeared and Ruby seems really into the thought of Akane x Aqua, much to Kana's horror. And of course Aqua thinks there's something to gods. After all, he literally reincarnated, so someone must be looking out for him. But it seems like he's eager to visit the place where he died first.
Old 2022-03-11, 17:27   Link #312
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Lmao at Kana taking damage every time Ruby opens her mouth.

Y'know, I've never really given it any thought, but I wonder how someone who has been reincarnated would feel about gods and divinity? That's an interesting thought since undeniable proof of some higher existence exists in the form of you remembering details of your previous life (or lives).

I also wonder what kind of reaction Aqua would have upon finding Gorou's body. Emotional? Experience a mental breakdown? Be calm and nonchalant about it? I genuinely don't know because all three of those possible outcomes I highlighted could all be in-character for him. Tho imo, the least likely to happen is the last outcome. No way he'd be nonchalant about discovering the ultimate fate of his past life. I can picture him being calm on the surface, but bothered/angered on the inside.
Old 2022-03-11, 19:14   Link #313
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The whole bit with Kana finding out about Akane coming with them at literally the last minute and Ruby shipping Akane x Aqua super hard was hilarious.
Old 2022-03-11, 22:08   Link #314
Wandering Soul

Poor Kana. Ruby was pretty much making her suffer like she was Maki.
Old 2022-03-24, 12:12   Link #315
Sixth
Hu Tao

Chapter 75 is out

I know that this manga has supernatural elements but still, I have a hard time accepting if "god/devil" appears and talking with Aqua later or in the future.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-24, 16:23   Link #316
Twi

The fact that Sarina was reborn as Ruby and him as Aqua must be some kind of divine presence at work since two people who never had mothers ended up being reborn to a mother who had given birth soulless children. Does that mean Aqua and Ruby were stillborns and they were reincarnated into them to give them life?
Old 2022-03-24, 18:51   Link #317
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This chapter was so well written. No wonder Sarina loved Goro so much, he was pretty much the only person in her life who actually cared. And she wasn't even his patient!

After 75 chapters, we finally got Aqua's backstory. He suffered some tragedy as well.

The ending was of course very surprising. The premise of the series relies on the supernatural, but I thought it would never go further than that and it would just remain a plot device. Curious to find out where this goes...
Old 2022-03-24, 19:26   Link #318
Wandering Soul

I didn't think the supernatural element of this series would come into play again. I'm curious as to see how far this story will lean into that aspect.
Old 2022-03-24, 21:03   Link #319
aldw

One thing I always remind folks is that, just like in science or metaphysics, the presence of something doesn't only exist or work in one dimension, but multilaterally. Only poor quality authors ignore this in storywriting, which is why I give props to Akasaka for expanding on these elements in the story.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-25, 13:26   Link #320
Shadow5YA

I have a feeling Aqua and Ruby aren't the only ones reincarnated. Maybe their father is too, and whatever local gods Aqua will come across will task Aqua with hunting him down again.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy