AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-08-26, 21:05   Link #481
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We know the plan was highly likely not hers, but Ruby is playing her role to perfection. She somehow even romped Kana into this.

We'll see how the next chapter plays out, but it feels like Ruby is completely dodging the bigger issue which was the sexual harassment and is instead trying to pin the blame on Tokyo Blade's author for not giving permission for the cosplays.
She's not. For better or worse all she (or Ichigo) is doing is convincing everyone to put the controversy on camera and turning it into content similar to how a YouTuber would.

Like she how she responded to Aqua, she has no real stake in solving this anyway, but at least like this she and the show will attract more attention this way instead of dying in obscurity.
Whether this will benefit Meiya, the Tokyo Blade author, or even the director or be at their expense is probably not her concern at all. She's doing it out of self-interest.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-27, 07:02   Link #482
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
She's not. For better or worse all she (or Ichigo) is doing is convincing everyone to put the controversy on camera and turning it into content similar to how a YouTuber would.

Like she how she responded to Aqua, she has no real stake in solving this anyway, but at least like this she and the show will attract more attention this way instead of dying in obscurity.
Whether this will benefit Meiya, the Tokyo Blade author, or even the director or be at their expense is probably not her concern at all. She's doing it out of self-interest.
I re-read Meiya's tweet and she actually barely said anything about the sexual harassment and focused on them telling her at the last minute to change her cosplay. So I guess what Ruby's doing makes perfect sense.

And yeah, Ruby doesn't care who takes the blame so long as her own popularity can increase.
Old 2022-09-02, 08:00   Link #483
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoke too soon, they did end up addressing the sexual harassment. The whole thing was solved rather neatly, I think. The director actually being sincerely apologetic helped a lot. It was still hilarious to see him show up dressed as Saya

The show's popularity will rise after this, as will Ruby's. Aqua has figured out she's up to something, and is about to confront her. I hope she won't attempt to lie her way out of this. It's time for those two to be honest with each other.
Old 2022-09-02, 11:38   Link #484
Shadow5YA

I won't get my hopes up considering the series puts "lies" as its central theme and those two are not known to be honest.
Old 2022-09-02, 11:49   Link #485
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is Aka telling us to stop reading Kaguya H-Doujin?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-02, 14:28   Link #486
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Is Aka telling us to stop reading Kaguya H-Doujin?
Some of my friends think that Abiko-sensei is a self-insert of Mengo-sensei. So it's more like her being against ero-doujins.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-02, 17:15   Link #487
Twi

You know, this worked out well for Ruby. She not only got the favor of everyone by resolving the issue, but she got Kana and their group some additional screen time, raising their popularity. I'm just glad Aqua saw the puppet strings being pulled so they'll talk to one another about what they know.
Old 2022-09-02, 19:20   Link #488
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Some of my friends think that Abiko-sensei is a self-insert of Mengo-sensei. So it's more like her being against ero-doujins.
That's more Aka than Mengo, especially considering earlier works that Mengo illustrated for.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-02, 20:11   Link #489
Wandering Soul

Everything worked out well. The director apologized in a humiliating way that still forced him to understand the cosplayer's point of view. Ruby is especially happy with the way things turned out.
Old 2022-09-02, 21:19   Link #490
Shadow5YA

Akasaka is more averse to lewd fanservice than Mengo is.

He's said in an interview how he dislikes panty shots and deliberately avoided doing things like that for Kaguya.
Oshi no Ko is fairly work-safe as well.
Old 2022-09-08, 12:52   Link #491
Twi

New chapter is out...

Ruby is... she's given into the hatred. We've lost her.
Old 2022-09-08, 13:09   Link #492
Wandering Soul

We are no longer dealing with the Ruby from the "who's Ruby" era of this manga. Sure Aqua and Ai used deception too, but that at least was for the sake of other people.
Old 2022-09-08, 14:52   Link #493
Shadow5YA

Just like I expected Ruby kept the part about the killer to herself.

Since they never even revealed they were reincarnated to each other I never expected them to come clean about this either, but maybe seeing Ruby go off the deep end will be a wake-up call for Aqua to step up his game again. I think they'll eventually go back to the both of them having only one Sharingan each again
Old 2022-09-08, 15:54   Link #494
aldw

Quote:

Since they never even revealed they were reincarnated to each other I never expected them to come clean about this either, but maybe seeing Ruby go off the deep end will be a wake-up call for Aqua to step up his game again. I think they'll eventually go back to the both of them having only one Sharingan each again
The truth eventually will show, especially when more activity occurs more information is also revealed in the process.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-08, 17:53   Link #495
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't expecting this. I thought she was still following Ichigo's script, but she decided his method to achieve stardom would take too long and went straight for the director instead of the assistant. It's hard to believe Ruby managed to come up with such an elaborate and manipulative scheme. The innocent Ruby is definitely no more.

Although he was bent on revenge and used people, Aqua always remained kind-hearted. Ruby is stone cold, ready to use and throw away people at her convenience.

Quote:

They know about each other's reincarnation, they just decided not to talk about their past lives for some reason I don't really remember. They really didn't get along as kids.
Old 2022-09-08, 18:22   Link #496
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They know about each other's reincarnation, they just decided not to talk about their past lives for some reason I don't really remember. They really didn't get along as kids.
You're right, they figured out they were reincarnated quickly but don't know anything about each other's past lives.
Aqua mentioned Serena's name to himself once but quickly dismissed it as just his imagination.

At any rate, it doesn't look like they're any closer now.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2022-09-08 at 18:35.
Old 2022-09-08, 20:32   Link #497
Twi

They're plenty close. Aqua being overprotective is the reason it took so long for her to become an Idol since he'd intercept her calls, withdraw her/tell her she failed, and then block the phones of the other company so they couldn't reach her.

Likewise, Ruby has a very good opinion of Aqua. She tries to get him friends when they start school and immediately figures out not only why he was drawn to Akane but even knew he'd never sleep with a woman and risk a teen pregnancy.

It's the revenge that's screwing their relationship up. Aqua did his best to keep her out of the loop because she was relatively normal... right up until she found his corpse and got a message from a god telling her the prep was still out there. At which point she immediately put the clues together about what Aqua was doing and decided to take it at her own pace with the deftness of a bull in a china shop.
Old 2022-09-08, 21:55   Link #498
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
They're plenty close. Aqua being overprotective is the reason it took so long for her to become an Idol since he'd intercept her calls, withdraw her/tell her she failed, and then block the phones of the other company so they couldn't reach her.
Considering that Ruby became an idol at the late old age of 16, I think your perspective of "took so long" is a little warped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Likewise, Ruby has a very good opinion of Aqua. She tries to get him friends when they start school and immediately figures out not only why he was drawn to Akane but even knew he'd never sleep with a woman and risk a teen pregnancy.

It's the revenge that's screwing their relationship up. Aqua did his best to keep her out of the loop because she was relatively normal... right up until she found his corpse and got a message from a god telling her the prep was still out there. At which point she immediately put the clues together about what Aqua was doing and decided to take it at her own pace with the deftness of a bull in a china shop.
Respecting each other and being on close speaking terms with each other are two different things.

I have a good opinion of my young siblings, but I rarely ever speak to them, and I certainly don't go to them for personal problems.
Old 2022-09-09, 08:04   Link #499
Sixth
Hu Tao

Evil Ruby made Aqua looks like a boy scout in this chapter.

So is Evil Ruby going to sleep with the dirty old men to climb her stardom because at this point, why not?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-09, 10:50   Link #500
Shadow5YA

I think both Aqua and Ichigo would put a stop to that before she crosses the line.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy