Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-02, 12:16   Link #1
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Chapter 473 Discussion [spoilers]

Quote:
Kuma's asking something weird to Nami.

モンキー・D・ルフィに兄がいるということは本当か?

Bear "Is it true that Monkey D. Luffy has an older brother" ?

ほ、本当よ・・・!そ、それが何!?

Yeh, it's true...! So what?

成る程本当だったか

Bear: I see, so it is true.

くまはナミの前から去ります

Bear walks away from Nami.

Luffy finally catches up to Moria, he think he's caught him, but it ends up being a fake (the shadow clone)
Spoiler for Extended summary:
According to the usual One Piece spoiler poster (BF), this seems to be real.

So, the hints pointing towards what I was suspecting: I wonder Kuma's presence is indeed related to the new Shishibukai and Ace's loss.
Old 2007-10-02, 13:05   Link #2
shankss
CP10

Sounds like Ace's pretty dead....meh never liked those strong show off characters anyway -_-
Old 2007-10-02, 13:09   Link #3
Fyria

This is quite intresting... if spoiler is true I wonder what Kuma came to with Moria. He seem to have news of Ace vs Blackbeard battle outcome, but what it has to do with Moria?

Also Kuma doesn't seem to be suprised about Nami and he knows she is part of Strawhats so perhaps his visit on Thriller Bark could be actually related to Luffy.

I wonder how he will react on Luffy vs Moria battle, and what he chooses to do about it.

Also Oz is quite big problem, he seem to able to withstand enormous amount of punishment so he needs own method to be defeated, I guess either very large salt dose (perhaps get him to sea) or defeat of Moria.

Not yet sure if spoiler is legit but wouldn't mind if it would be.
Old 2007-10-02, 13:14   Link #4
marvelB

Sounds like another really awesome chapter, since we're finally getting hints of Kuma's powers. Plus, the fact that he took out Perona makes him all the more awesome (now all those people who wanted Perona to join can finally shut up ). From what the spoiler says, it seems that Kuma might have the power of teleportation if he simply made Perona "disappear" and suddenly appears right in front of Nami when he was standing far away. And judging from what he asks Nami, it's definitely clear he knows of the whole Ace/Blackbeard situation. The plot thickens....

And Moria tricked Luffy, eh? Man, that guy's slick. Makes me more interested in seeing him fight seriously...
Old 2007-10-02, 13:27   Link #5
Fyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sounds like another really awesome chapter, since we're finally getting hints of Kuma's powers. Plus, the fact that he took out Perona makes him all the more awesome (now all those people who wanted Perona to join can finally shut up ). From what the spoiler says, it seems that Kuma might have the power of teleportation if he simply made Perona "disappear" and suddenly appears right in front of Nami when he was standing far away. And judging from what he asks Nami, it's definitely clear he knows of the whole Ace/Blackbeard situation. The plot thickens....

And Moria tricked Luffy, eh? Man, that guy's slick. Makes me more interested in seeing him fight seriously...

Yeah he tricked 'Luffy' That is really impressive ^^

But yeah I hope now that this spoiler is true
Old 2007-10-02, 14:51   Link #6
ellifeedn
Thinker

If anyone can remember back to the Little Garden arc, Luffy beat Mr. 3 by using instinct. If he wants to overcome being tricked, he justs has to hone it. Maybe if Luffy has to fight Kuma and his supposed teleportation powers he'll use his instinct if gear 2nd soru doesn't work.

That reminds me, when it says "When the page turns, Perona disappears" which page are you talking about: the page of Kuma's bible or the page of the manga?

You want to know something? I thought Oda would give us another OMGWTFBBQ moment like in the last chapter. I wonder if I can prepare myself for another such moment.
Old 2007-10-02, 16:00   Link #7
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If anyone can remember back to the Little Garden arc, Luffy beat Mr. 3 by using instinct. If he wants to overcome being tricked, he justs has to hone it. Maybe if Luffy has to fight Kuma and his supposed teleportation powers he'll use his instinct if gear 2nd soru doesn't work.
Of course he will come up with something wonderful when time comes..Still we hardly saw Moria's powers and if you ask me Lucci can own him at this state easily...Im sure he has other tricks to do rather than copying his shadow to fight (like croc's water drain,eneru's lighting form...some special move)

Gear 2 hopefully wont happen, hell even naruto and ichigo using their special power ups once in 50 eposides like..I say give Luffy some time to unleash it again or it will become so random
Old 2007-10-02, 22:09   Link #8
ellifeedn
Thinker

I only mentioned gear 2nd because Luffy may get fustrated about not getting a blow on Kuma and may opt for high speed to catch up to him, which probably won't work.

Here's an idea on how the crew can defeat Oz: since Oz has Luffy's personality, he'll be as gullible when it comes to Usopp's lies. I mean, Usopp can lie something like "If you jump out into the sea you'll find a ton of meat" and Oz will believe him. But hopefully he'll be defeated in an awesome way, like a finishing attack or set of attacks.
Old 2007-10-03, 01:00   Link #9
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Kuma has stole the show for me at the moment, I'm more interested in what he's doing.
Old 2007-10-04, 01:41   Link #10
Master Mold
Banned

Man, I hope we get to see Kuma aka Bible Bear pwn Oz.

I wanna see more Moria also.
Old 2007-10-04, 17:53   Link #11
naruto89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I only mentioned gear 2nd because Luffy may get fustrated about not getting a blow on Kuma and may opt for high speed to catch up to him, which probably won't work.

Here's an idea on how the crew can defeat Oz: since Oz has Luffy's personality, he'll be as gullible when it comes to Usopp's lies. I mean, Usopp can lie something like "If you jump out into the sea you'll find a ton of meat" and Oz will believe him. But hopefully he'll be defeated in an awesome way, like a finishing attack or set of attacks.
I BOW DOWN TO YOUR PSYCHIC ABILITY
Old 2007-10-04, 19:00   Link #12
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Kuma has a really interesting ability. It seems that he can teleport anyone he touches, which is a great advantage considering many opponents would allow that. And I wonder if he would fight against Blackbeard, whose ability would have won during the first touch.
Old 2007-10-05, 00:14   Link #13
Monkey D. Luffy

Well to me also it just seemed more logical that it would have to do with something with Ace and Blackbeard, Kuma just coming out of nowhere. His powers seem real intresting.
Old 2007-10-05, 17:04   Link #14
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
i don't remember Kuma having this huge body when he first showed up at the meeting, he was huge but not like this it is like he is 3 times bigger than he was back then ...
Old 2007-10-05, 18:56   Link #15
marvelB

Quite an interesting chapter. Loved that look on Nami's face when she saw Oz's butt in the air. XD And it definitely looks like Kuma's Bible might have the teleportation powers, rather than Kuma himself. I still don't think that Kuma is going to fight Luffy, but it's pretty much certain that he'll deliver to him the news about Ace's fate...
Old 2007-10-05, 19:13   Link #16
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Wouldn't it be interesting if Kuma, coming out of nowhere, teleports Odz to the sea?
Old 2007-10-05, 21:28   Link #17
Slayerx

I agree, Kuma really did steal the show with this chapter, not to mention he seems to be about as big as Moria. I kind of wonder, if Kuma really did teleport Perona somewhere, do you think he teleported her to a scary castle filled with creepiness just like she wanted. Heh, teleportation, gotta be pretty sweet; if there aren't any limits to his teleportation ability then he wouldn't even need a ship... However, there's got to be somekind of limit or he could just about be anyone effortlessly; i mean, all he has to do is teleport them somewhere where they will die rightaway... like in the case of devil fruit users, teleport them to the sea and let the drown.

Grant it, i think the best moments was when Oz realized his horns were stuck and then the strawhats have the evil glimmer in their eyes at the sight of their powerful, though utterly helpless opponenet... followed by Oz screaming and the zombies thinking about how impossible that is.

Y'know, one thing i don't get though... on the last page it says that the time limit is dawn... did i miss something cause i don't recall their being anykind of time limit. Only reason i can think of dawn being the limit is because Luffy would be killed by sunlight, but i beleive it was Brooke who said that the Black triangle was always covered in a fog that sun can not get through, so i don't remeber where and why this time limit comes in.
Old 2007-10-06, 00:46   Link #18
Master Mold
Banned

Zoro is still showing that he is in competion with Luffy in this chapter.

Kuma, must have some type of power that can not be taken lightly. Heck look at his size in this chapter? he was not that big during the World power meeting, or last chapter. We got a lil info on him also, which is good.

But This chapter lacks Moria & fighting.
Old 2007-10-06, 03:31   Link #19
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know, one thing i don't get though... on the last page it says that the time limit is dawn... did i miss something cause i don't recall their being anykind of time limit. Only reason i can think of dawn being the limit is because Luffy would be killed by sunlight, but i beleive it was Brooke who said that the Black triangle was always covered in a fog that sun can not get through, so i don't remember where and why this time limit comes in.
i think the Time limit is the time left for luffy to defeat Moria before Kuma find him...

also if the bible was really the weapon which helped Kuma to teleport i wander if he had another DF power .

also i wander if Oz can do gear 2nd and Gear 3rd, we i doubt he can do them since he is not rubber.
Old 2007-10-06, 15:23   Link #20
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
i don't remember Kuma having this huge body when he first showed up at the meeting, he was huge but not like this it is like he is 3 times bigger than he was back then ...
Well we never really got any good indication of how big he was... we first see him he's walking behind Doflamingo, but we don't know how far back he was... he looks pretty damn big sitting in the chairs and on the couch aswell... and we also don't know the hieght comparison between taller poeple like Doflamingo and someone small like Perona... though their still might be some size inconstiancy, i don't think it's THAT big a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
i think the Time limit is the time left for luffy to defeat Moria before Kuma find him...
That doesn't make much sence from a point of narration, since there is nothing actually stopping Kuma from showing up sooner or later than that... grant it i do think i recall something from before...

ah wait found it... when they began their assult Ussop gave a little pep speech pointing out that they should be done by dawn because there isn't a 100% garentee that the sun won't shine... Even though the fog of the triangle keeps the sun out, Ussop's not taking any chances and is working on the off chance the sun might break through or something... sounds like foreshadowing to me.
Closed Thread