AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-02, 17:19   Link #61
Griffith

I haven't really caught up with the series recently so I downloaded chapters 6-9, and I'm having a problem with chapter 6. All of the images except the first are showing up as red X's when I view them with IE. The other chapters seem fine, I'll have to try re-downloading chapter 6 I guess, maybe the download was corrupt or something (though I can view them in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, which is odd.)
Old 2004-09-03, 01:03   Link #62
Griffith

Finally got caught up and read chapter 9 earlier. The story definetly has potential to be really good I think, now that we know about
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-18, 06:43   Link #63
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Hmm, just re-read some of the earlier chapters and am wondering if anyone else had considered whether Kokopelli actually died after piloting Zearth against the first alien? He certainly seemed to be interupted in what he wanted to tell the children, perhaps he was just remorseful for getting them into that situation without explaining the consequences......
Old 2004-10-18, 08:02   Link #64
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Hmm, just re-read some of the earlier chapters...anyone else had considered whether Kokopelli actually died...
I asked the same question and posted a theory back in post 43.

I thought that no one had responded to my theories because they (at least some of them) seem so obvious once you go back and re-read the beginning once you've read through chapter 8 or so.
Old 2004-10-18, 08:25   Link #65
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
I asked the same question and posted a theory back in post 43.

I thought that no one had responded to my theories because they (at least some of them) seem so obvious once you go back and re-read the beginning once you've read through chapter 8 or so.
Sorry Briareos, missed your edit! I'm glad someone else thought the same.

I was thinking that perhaps Kokopelli was the last survivor of another "Earth" and that it had been destroyed by the aliens, Kokpelli learning that our Earth was the next target had created Zearth (perhaps from the wreckage of previous aliens) but lacking the "core" (which had been destroyed to immobilise the alien) it was only able to able to be powered by the limited Life force of the pilot.

Actually I had another thought, 14 children + Kokopelli = 15 Pilots...... The narrator at the beginning must be little Kana looking back on the events, but what if by some cruel twist she as the only surviving witness must take on Kokopelli's former role and try to recruit 15 pilots on the next world to be threatened as part of the "game" organised by the aliens......
Old 2004-11-03, 19:07   Link #66
TronDD
Team the box!

3 more chapters have been released and a haigh quality version of Volume 1 was released.

Time for me to go back and start from the begining, I haven't reread any of the series yet.

EDIT: Just read the new stuff. I found Mako's story a bit disturbing. The deepest one yet. I probably wasn't paying close enough attention, but I didn't see any new hints to speculate about the main story. Oh, except

Spoiler for not much of a spoiler but...:

As an aside, I totally love Komo. She's pretty expressive for being in the background most of the time. And when she talks, she points out some important things.

Last edited by TronDD; 2004-11-04 at 00:02.
Old 2004-11-08, 21:55   Link #67
stpehen
kisses for all

No comments on my monumental efforts? D:
Old 2004-11-08, 23:49   Link #68
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
Well it's definatly good work. The high quality scans are mint. I'm glad an HQ version was released since you could see the other side of the page on the magazine scans.

I hope this "experimental" project remains fun for those working on it and that it continues to be released.
Old 2004-11-09, 04:36   Link #69
petr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
ZOMG youre da man!!!1! But why all of the sfxs werent edited...?
Now just go edit all of your translations ;]
Old 2005-01-01, 06:10   Link #70
FlyByNite

No posts in awhile, but I recently caught up and have read through the 13th chapter released by Manga-screener. Man this series is depressing
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-08, 17:38   Link #71
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I am at chapter 27,it seems we will have some big news in the next chapter.
I really don't know what's in store for Zearth but I think it's going to be huge.
If a great master of speculations have an idea,I want to hear it.
Old 2006-02-09, 01:58   Link #72
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
I am at chapter 27,it seems we will have some big news in the next chapter.
I really don't know what's in store for Zearth but I think it's going to be huge.
If a great master of speculations have an idea,I want to hear it.
Wait, are you refering to me?

Well, let's see now...

Spoiler for speculation:
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-02-09, 12:42   Link #73
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

well,yeah among others.
Spoiler:

Thanks.
Old 2006-02-10, 10:46   Link #74
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
well,yeah among others.
Spoiler:

Thanks.
Ok I remember thinking about this,
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-10, 18:44   Link #75
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Ok I remember thinking about this,
Spoiler:
Heh, that's so silly it never occured to me:
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-02-10, 19:35   Link #76
TronDD
Team the box!

Glad to see people still excited about this manga. I had missed the last few releases and got caught up by rereading the whole thing last weekend.

Spoiler for Specutation:
Old 2006-02-13, 13:28   Link #77
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

You know, I just had a new idea. I won't put this in spoiler tags since it's completely guessing...

Maybe the pilots of the other robots are not actually people, maybe not even humans, but are in fact the ghosts or spirits of previous pilots from previous rounds of the "game." One thing no one has really explained is the cyclical nature of the game... we all speculate about things starting anew and what happened when kokopelli originally handed things off to them, but... where was the previous round held? on another planet that was destroyed perhaps? I think maybe the goal of the game is to force the 14 pilots to fight, all the while monitoring their brane patterns under stress and how they react, and collecting it as data to later on be used as future pilot's opponents. The pilots die after the battle is over as their essence is extracted... I don't really buy the whole "Zearth runs on the life energy of the pilot" BS, that's way to cheesy for kitoh. Plus, the delay between the end of battle and the pilots death can be quite long.
Perhaps the goal of whoever is in charge of it all is to collect all kinds of mental failures or human reactions. Or maybe to utilize them all to create the perfect pilot for some greater purpose... I'm not sure. But Dung Beetle's seeming joy at the varied insanities of the his pilot choices definitely points to this "collection" idea.

P.S. Anyone have any idea about the significance of the chair NOT moving to the front for the latest pilot? I have no clue what that's going to mean (but knowing Kitoh, it means SOMETHING, that's for sure).
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-02-13, 16:48   Link #78
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Even the characters noticed that,so it's a safe to say that it's important.
The battle wasn't different from the others,Zearth can change shape now but it started after the beginning of the battle so it isn't related.
It must be linked to the misterious plane,perhaps they are moving to the next stage.
Both events suggest a major change.I think it will modify the parameters of the game but how and why?we will have to wait.
Old 2006-02-13, 18:28   Link #79
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Actually Dungbeetle did say something interesting, he said "Eh, it happens sometimes" When maki asked about the seat not going forward. This leads to the fact that Zearth must have had previous pilots, and been in previous battles, in which the same has occured, but obviously not on this Earth. The behaviour of the enemy was also extremely suspicious along with Maki's claims she didn't feel like she was controlling Zearth, although I guess that the fact that she used her tactics means that she is......

Last edited by tsurumaru; 2006-02-13 at 18:47.
Old 2006-02-13, 19:06   Link #80
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Actually Dungbeetle did say something interesting, he said "Eh, it happens sometimes" When maki asked about the seat not going forward. This leads to the fact that Zearth must have had previous pilots, and been in previous battles, in which the same has occured, but obviously not on this Earth. The behaviour of the enemy was also extremely suspicious along with Maki's claims she didn't feel like she was controlling Zearth, although I guess that the fact that she used her tactics means that she is......
Aha, I think maybe Kitoh's pulling another... Hoshimaru on us. He who seems to be controlling is not ACTUALLY controlling. No? That might explain the chair, anyway.
Sam Pinansky
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen