Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-31, 22:51   Link #1
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

VN Request - Dystopian

Hello everybody! I'm back with another request for a VN. You guys helped out me greatly last time, so please do so again

I am looking for a Visual Novel. It can be anything, really, but I'm in a rather dystopian mood. Here are the VNs that I have played so far

CLANNAD- Awesome, is equivalent to the sperm of any gods/goddesses (AKA snow), is the best thing ever made, and is awesome. The story, the mystery, the comedy, the drama, the quality of the art and the music, and the difficulty of the game, net this a 9001/10 on my scale of 1-10.

Fate/Stay Night- As with CLANNAD, I played this after watching the anime. I loved it, in particular the ability to skip directly to the next choice, instead of watching super-speed text fly by. 9/10

Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~- Meh. I liked the backstory, it being set in a dystopian universe, and having to fight for survival. That being said, I didn't really like the VN itself, mostly due to lack of player interaction. 6/10

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo- I really liked this one, for the most part. It was set in a dystopian society, had good player interaction, a nice story, was great. Until the end. Towards the end it felt like they just started pulling things out of their rear ends, though. 8/10

Thanks! In the meantime I'll go and give suggestion to others.

The only real requirement is that there must be an English patch out there for download.

p.s. I am in no way, shape, or form, a CLANNAD fanboy. Not at all. Never. -shifty eyes-
Old 2011-01-01, 18:26   Link #2
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

If you liked Sharin, try the successor that just had a patch released. G- Senjou no Maou.

Patch can be found here.

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...Senjou_no_Maou

Quote:
"You play the role of Azai Kyosuke, the son of a legendary gangster infamous in the underworld. You spend your time listening to Bach, playing God at school and covertly working for your stepfather, a ruthless financial heavyweight. This idyllic existence is broken when two individuals appear in the city - a beautiful girl named Usami Haru, with hair you could get lost in for days, and a powerful international gangster known only as Maou. Almost without delay, the two begin a deadly cat-and-mouse game, bringing you and your friends into the crossfire. Plotting, political intrigue and layer upon layer of interlocking traps are the weapons in this epic battle of wits."
Old 2011-01-02, 06:35   Link #3
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Ooh, I was actually looking at that VN the other day, wasn't sure if I'd like it. I'll have to try it, thanks.