AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 21:49   Link #141
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Madoka appears as an archer in official and concept artwork, and it's the same with Homura. The truth is that we don't know in either case.
Homura has her bow on the manga cover as well.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 21:57   Link #142
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
Homura has her bow on the manga cover as well.
It's true, now that I see it. I wonder why I didn't notice it before.
Old 2011-02-17, 15:26   Link #143
Seihai
スマイリウム

When asked why she is always so cold, she answered that she probably is not human anymore. Plus another odd reaction. And maybe add the fact that she mentioned yet again that Madoka should have given up on Sayaka.

Homura didn't want either of them to turn MG. But when Sayaka did, Madoka was supposed to give up on her. It would seem like Homura was able to predict that something along those lines would have happened to Sayaka.

Homura still tried to help her and actually did so several times, but it seems like her safety was only secondary reason, as seen with this episode's repeated cold reaction that Sayaka should be given up on. Her main concern was Madoka.

Now to what I'm getting at. I speculate that Homura used to be quite human, maybe not as much as Madoka, but close to. She told many MGs before about the SG thing but it's just no one ever believed her so there was no further reason why she should have done so this time, plus it's a rare case that your SG takes an over 100 meter distance.

From Homura's view, Madoka should give up on Sayaka because if she doesn't, it will be the moreso painful and bothersome when it turns out that any concern or support for Sayaka was futile in the future. I imagine that Homura relived a similar case. Or it even might be that Homura herself was the cause for the events which happened and which are eventually responsible for why she turned cold. These events caused her persona to be traumatized and in the end she evolved into the cold personality that she is.

Of course her emotions are still intact as we can see from her rare reactions to certain things mentioned, but her facade pretty much turned to stone at this point.

Maybe it's not the best comparison but she reminds me a bit of DTB's Yin. However Yin surely wanted to bring across her emotions, she just couldn't partially due to what she was. And her fate was kinda predetermined.

And there's still something wrong with someone that doesn't smile. Gyaah!
Old 2011-02-18, 03:21   Link #144
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Btw, where is Homura getting all her power from? Is she killing off a lot of witches off-screen?

I got the distinct impression from the Mami arc that one's soul gem clouds up pretty fast just by using your power. Homura has been using a lot of power me thinks.

Anyways, just one of those things that could be a detail we shouldn't fret over, or maybe not?

And I'd still love to know what she does with the grief seeds she collects, as I think we can rule out her giving them to Kyuube.

Last edited by creb; 2011-02-18 at 04:38.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 12:30   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^She got Charlotte's grief seed not that long ago. It should have been enough to keep her going for a while. We're still in the dark about how often they need to use Grief Seeds.
Old 2011-02-18, 21:44   Link #146
Sekirei07

A friend of mine presented me with the idea that Homura might be from the future. Like her wish was to come into the past. That would seem tangent to explain why QB does not know of her despite being the creator of the MG, as well as what is speculated that she has some kind of time manipulative abilities that could be an bonus of said wish.

The opening also show some hints to the future with Madoka's transformation sequence with what appears to be her future self. I still want to think its speed based, but this idea does fit better in my mind, although I hate to admit it ><
Old 2011-02-19, 07:32   Link #147
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Somehow, i have the feeling that Akemi Homura is the black cat in the OP, and Madoka saved her/ turn her into human. Then later on Akemi return back the time to save Madoka...
Old 2011-02-23, 16:56   Link #148
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
A friend of mine presented me with the idea that Homura might be from the future. <
It's been a very popular theory since episode 1.

Oh and it looks like Homura just confessed doing everything for Madoka's sake....was pretty obvious but hearing herself say that...

Last edited by Fishbait; 2011-02-24 at 16:50.
Old 2011-02-24, 23:44   Link #149
Tenjo_Utena

After watching episode 8, I'm wondering if
Spoiler for Episode 8:

I'm basically groping for a reason why she just didn't tell everyone everything from the start? I'm going with ... "cannot".
Tenjo_Utena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 00:41   Link #150
Vsin
Aldracity

Whelp...
Spoiler for Theories...:
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 00:54   Link #151
SagaraSouske

How do you explain Madoka's dream and her impression of knowing Homura from somewhere then if she was herself from future using cat body?
Old 2011-02-25, 01:13   Link #152
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Whelp...
Spoiler for Theories...:
Yea...no

-Homura's gem is clearly purple.
-Homura getting emotional over Madoka calling her Akemi
-Homura getting emotional over Madoka promising to always remember her
-Madoka getting the impression they knew each other

She shouldn't be doing any of these if she's just some....cat. You didn't even explain who this cat is.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:27   Link #153
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Any speculations on what implications the level on Homura's shield might represent?
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 01:32   Link #154
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Yea...no

She shouldn't be doing any of these if she's just some....cat. You didn't even explain who this cat is.
Erm.. He suggested it was Madoka from an alternate timeline using the cat as the vessel. That would mean its Madoka, not the cat.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:40   Link #155
night_sentinel

Wow episode 8 just confirmed it ... Homura is a time traveler which in retrospect is really obvious. Many even speculated it from episode 1. Now, the question is who was Homura in the previous timeline...

But, before that allow me to do some maniacal laughter Mwha hahahahahahaha....
I really love it when some speculation proved true... Anyway back to my original question who was Homura?

Spoiler for Homura is Madoka ( The Archer theory):

Spoiler for Homura is Sayaka theory:

Spoiler for Homura is Kyubey:

Spoiler for Homura is Homura theory:

Hmm... I think I've covered all the main characters...
But... Errgg.... Homura could also be Madoka's mom, her wiped out of existence childhood friend or older sister.... and even a cat ... who knows....

Anyway, what do you think is more probable? Place your bets before the final ep.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2011-02-25 at 03:10.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 02:51   Link #156
Forsaken_Infinity

I am going with "Homura is Madoka and there is a time loop where Homura and Madoka keep trying to save each other."

QB's intention is to simply keep growing as many witches as he can. He doesn't think, he is literally an incubator that serves only that purpose.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:28   Link #157
Hmm....

Quote:
Yea...no

It is simple........ because Homura is MADOKA'S cat. A stray that Madoka saved is probable. Madoka is the one gave her the name. She is indeed a cute little stalker who follow Madoka around, gaining all knowledge of Madoka's school layout, her friends and secrets only veteran MG will know. Can you see many human being willing to sacrifice herself for other like Madoka ? What about a mere cat that own Madoka her life ?? The human Akemi Homura we see is just a vessel. That's why QB/Kyouko/etc. didn't notice her at first. They knew her only as a cat. There may be a memory wipe involve but I doubt it's mass one. The one that effect Madoka only should be plenty. This theory also doesn't need any complicated time traveling or altenative plane which risk more paradox and inconsistance that need even more explaination.

But since it's confirmed that Homura has time manipulation ability (not that she come from the future), I sure hope it's related to something better than a usual I-come-from-the-future-to-fix-it-all.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 07:18   Link #158
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

New Megami cover. However, you can see something very interesting about it. Beside Homura, you have Kuroneko.
Old 2011-02-25, 07:22   Link #159
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If I had that in my country, I'd be in 10-20 years and the general spite of society.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 07:28   Link #160
estdesoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

New Megami cover. However, you can see something very interesting about it. Beside Homura, you have Kuroneko.
Ah, I am 9 minutes too late in posting up this picture...

Big bonus for the cat theory, I guess?
estdesoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters