AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-23, 21:43   Link #1601
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
stopping putting touma on an unreachable pedetal what? wait what was the scene you were trying to explain cause i i know you just made some typing errors.
Stopping. Putting. Touma. On an. Unreachable. Pedestal. As in, Accelerator stopped seeing him as some sort of Ideal Heroic Archetype, a position he yearns to attain despite being impossible for him, and believing he can never hope to become such a person.

Pretty sure my English was clear, but did you get it this time?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-09-23, 22:09   Link #1602
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Stopping. Putting. Touma. On an. Unreachable. Pedestal. As in, Accelerator stopped seeing him as some sort of Ideal Heroic Archetype, a position he yearns to attain despite being impossible for him, and believing he can never hope to become such a person.

Pretty sure my English was clear, but did you get it this time?
i got it it just the way i read it seemed weird noting personal but thanks. i thought there was a different reason but none of the less it looks like he still have respect for touma i guess the reason he stopped looking at touma as an ideal hero is due to the fact that he can't reach that status.
Old 2013-09-24, 18:13   Link #1603
Goldzero

you know what kinda sad? is that there are still a handful of people who hates kamijou in the LN still and still accuses him of just doing negate, run, and punch technique in the LN. they still accuse him of having no character development either(even though despite the fact he has quite allot) and states hes still as hotblooded as ever with noting entertaining about him at all. i can see why some would hate him but allot of hes haters(if not the majority have quite a poor judge of character on him) still opinions are opinions(haters gonna hate).
Old 2013-09-24, 19:29   Link #1604
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think he has progressed quite a lot. At some point he contradicts himself in the past but in a way it's not out of place because of what he has seen and what he has had to do. People who can't appreciate his way of fights more or less expect hot-blooded shonen power-ups. But Kamijou's improvements are subtle and good. Just as how he thought of using Biagio's cross against the himself by slapping it away with his left hand instead of negating it with his right hand.

I also think it's wonderfully handled how Touma can be bland at times because it gives other characters of Index the time to shine. Once I go through the other side of the story, I feel refreshed and appreciate Touma's adventures and issues again.
Old 2013-09-24, 19:40   Link #1605
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I think he has progressed quite a lot. At some point he contradicts himself in the past but in a way it's not out of place because of what he has seen and what he has had to do. People who can't appreciate his way of fights more or less expect hot-blooded shonen power-ups. But Kamijou's improvements are subtle and good. Just as how he thought of using Biagio's cross against the himself by slapping it away with his left hand instead of negating it with his right hand.

I also think it's wonderfully handled how Touma can be bland at times because it gives other characters of Index the time to shine. Once I go through the other side of the story, I feel refreshed and appreciate Touma's adventures and issues again.
my point exactly.
Old 2013-10-02, 22:54   Link #1606
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I schemed through some old posts. And I found something very interesting to discuss with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
3 sides of Touma

Childhood Touma (with Maximum misfortune aura and bad or lonely childhood, being cursed away by people who are around him except his family.)
Teenage Touma (which helps others but still indecisive where it counts. Can back down and think twice because of consequence and other matters concerning its dangerous)
Memory erased Touma (Someone who just moves on forward because he doesn't have past and only have future. Doesn't waver in saving someone as long as someone needs saving)

3 sides of Touma also represents his power who has 3 sides. The container (Touma himself), the seal (Imagine Breaker) and the one being sealed (The invisible thing)

all in trinity.
Childhood Touma: A woobie since before he came to reside in AC
Teen Touma: Not much known about him until the beginning of Index
'Amnesia' Touma: Well... you know what it is.
Old 2013-10-03, 00:35   Link #1607
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Teen Touma: Not much known about him until the beginning of Index
My theory regarding old Touma: this is the Touma who has to suffered bullying and even outright discrimination for his phenomenal bad luck and still managed to come out relatively unscathed as a Knight in Sour Armor, to borrow TV Tropes terminology. This is the Touma (I may be wrong about this, but, eh) who knew enough about his right hand that he can boast about how he can negate the miracle of God Himself. This is the Touma who was deeply flawed and internally conflicted which would have made his character development easier and, dare I say it, more interesting. This is the boy who deeply wished to be a hero, yet too cynical and pragmatic to go all out fulfilling his wish. This is the boy who was in conflict with himself, who didn't know where his life was going and just day-by-day went with the flow for lack of choice if no other reason. This also is the boy who, despite all the reasons to the contrary, despite all of his flaws, made the decision to involve himself with Index and "protect" her anyway.

It is of my opinion that he could easily relate to other people's suffering and misfortune, since he went through a lot of it himself, and being unable to simply ignore it like many others would. Sometimes you can't laugh when the joke is about something that you went through. Similar results, different motives.

What we see at the start of the series is someone who tried his best, failed, snapped, recovered and now just go trough life taking it (relatively) easy, trying to enjoy what he can.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-10-05, 22:34   Link #1608
Shinhwa
Banned

Pre-memory loss Touma = Who was lovey-dovey with Misaki
Old 2013-10-05, 22:47   Link #1609
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
sign.... to this day i wish touma still had hes memories(dont get me wrong the touMAN one of the best shounen leads out there in my opinion, but he be much more interesting with hes memories still in place).
Old 2013-10-05, 22:49   Link #1610
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
sign.... to this day i wish touma still had hes memories(dont get me wrong the touMAN one of the best shounen leads out there in my opinion, but he be much more interesting with hes memories still in place).
I wonder what Mikoto would do if she found out the reason Touma lost his memories was because of Index =w=;
Old 2013-10-05, 22:51   Link #1611
Gray Servant

It's not exactly Index's fault. It's Laura's if anyone. She's the one who put that collar on her.
Old 2013-10-05, 22:53   Link #1612
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
It's not exactly Index's fault. It's Laura's if anyone. She's the one who put that collar on her.
Pretty much yeah. Laura may seriously get the TouMAN PUNCH one day for sure...
Old 2013-10-05, 22:58   Link #1613
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

LOL, almost sounds like Laura robbed Misaki's beloved 'boyfriend' from her.

Not just this, but it turns out she made Touma hurt other people too, especially Mikoto & Index.
Old 2013-10-05, 23:00   Link #1614
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
LOL, almost sounds like Laura robbed Misaki's beloved 'boyfriend' from her.

Not just this, but it turns out she made Touma hurt other people too, especially Mikoto & Index.
The main starting point was indeed Laura, as if it wasn't for her, Touma would not have forgotten about Mikoto and Misaki D:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-05, 23:24   Link #1615
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
The main starting point was indeed Laura, as if it wasn't for her, Touma would not have forgotten about Mikoto and Misaki D:

Spoiler:
In all of the people he knew before his memory loss, both Index, Mikoto and probably Misaki are the most affected. Once all of these 3 girls (if possible) confront Laura for what she has done to Touma, it'll be like this:

3 girls: GIVE ME BACK MY BELOVED, YOU WITCH!!!
Laura: Nope. He's mine... *trollface* (Wait-! What?! What did I just said?)

Tsuchimikado, though, knew it but chose to turn a blind eye. Fukiyose? No **** given.
Old 2013-10-05, 23:34   Link #1616
Kurohane

Quote:
Shokuhou Misaki? or Misaki Mikoto?
Old 2013-10-05, 23:35   Link #1617
Shinhwa
Banned

Would be funny if Laura tried to NTR Touma away from those 3 =w=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Who is "Misaki Mikoto"...?

You mean Misaka Mikoto LOL
Old 2013-10-05, 23:38   Link #1618
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
The former.

And don't confuse 'Misaki' with 'Misaka'. Even I tend to mistype 'Misaka' as 'Misaki'.
Old 2013-10-05, 23:41   Link #1619
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Who is "Misaki Mikoto"...?

You mean Misaka Mikoto LOL
Mikoto and Misaki fused together.
Old 2013-10-05, 23:43   Link #1620
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think Touma and Misaki had the kind of relationship of being lovey dovey. Maybe Misaki was in a similar position to Misaka, only Misaki was more forward in her interest as she would flirt with him instead finding ways to use her powers on him in a moot struggle.
Closed Thread