AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-06-14, 00:38   Link #121
Alchemist007
*Author

The king's a fun character, brought more comedy to the mix.
Old 2023-06-14, 01:49   Link #122
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
The bedding thing gave me a chuckle, I thought he was gonna pull out some Earth based thing to make a unique gift, given that he saw how much of a reaction he got from the merchant with the pepper.
Yeah, i was wondering whether he would give something Earth based, or some rare powerful Monster drop.

I didn't think the Bedding Set would be gifted, as it's normally not something given as a gift (the only time i have possibly seen something close to stuff like that being given as gift is during someone marriage, when people give stuff as gift for the newly wed).

Quote:
At the end, I was thinking the seal they found on the assassin was a plant by the prince, part of the redirect blame thing. Then they said it is his seal... if it isn't a trick, I'm even more disappointed at this writer to think professional assassins would have any sort of thing like that on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ Unless that's intentional by the assassin. It might be: "If I am going down you are too." After all, no one likes getting used as a throwaway peon, so since the job was supposed to be easy if it fails it most likely means he got betrayed by the prince.

Of course, this is not such profound work, so I doubt they thought so far. On the other hand, it's also strange that everyone takes a single badge as indisputable proof of the culprit. It's not like it might be a counterfeit or simply stolen from the prince (or one of his men) right?
I think only the Leader probably carried the Seal.
As for why he carried it, well i think he was overconfident because of the Magic Sealing Orb, i mean rarely does even the Leader of a Assassin group joins in for work.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 13:00   Link #123
Frontier

I see Lexia is pretty non-plussed by her brother trying to kill her. To her it's just an excuse for her to go out on a date with Yuuya! And of course Luna isn't going to let her get away with that and steal a date opportunity with Yuuya from her. And meanwhile Owen is the perpetual fourth wheel .

Ah...the joy of having a Harem which means two girls fighting over you in broad daylight while you're on a date with them as they lock their arms with yours .

I'm kind of surprised it took this long for Yuuya to register with the Adventuring Guild. But you've got all the adventuring staples. Rowdy adventurers, a cute guild receptionist (voiced by Kanae Ito?), a crystal ball that measures magic power that is really just there for the protagonist to show off how OP their magic is...the works .

And now Yuuya's got a busty, drunk, mage girl named Glena forcing herself on him and voiced by Yoko Hikasa. His fantasy Harem is building up nicely .

So they ran so completely out of budget during that scene of Owen bringing Yuuya to find Reigar that they just used the scenery the whole time .

Reigar's gone feral! He's waving those daggers around and willing to kill himself rather than get caught. Though that also brings back some bad memories for Yuuya .

So Reigar was being used the whole time by the Vile girl? She just wanted him on the throne to destabilize everything and cause wars? And she has Unlimited Arrow Works going for her? And she finally found Yuuya. I'm not sure if Yuuya is ready to face her yet, but maybe it's a good thing she ran out of stamina rather than continue to fight .

Darn, Yuuya got so caught up in his fantasy plot that he missed Kaori visiting him. Well, looks like the finale is going to be focused on just them .
Old 2023-06-19, 21:11   Link #124
Strahan

I liked the wandering around town part. That was amusing. Nice to spend a whole episode in the fantasy world. I find that a lot more interesting than the Earth bits. It seems when he's in our world, his Mary Sue factor seems to multiply hehe.

The animation during the fight with the prince seemed disjointed, and at the end of the herb gathering scene the direction was so odd I actually thought I was having problems with my PC. A lot of dialog without seeing characters, just the panning of scenery. I've had issues in the past where the video lags out bad and falls way out of sync with the audio; I thought maybe that was happening as Owen arrived and was talking while we were still looking at grass lol.

God I'm so over the way many anime just let opponents wander off. Yuuya is supposed to be super strong and super fast; why the heck did he not make a move against the girl? He just stood there like an idiot. They shown how he was so fast he nearly teleported when he went after the prince during the prince's suicidal move. It'd be one thing is she made some explosion or smoke or any sort of distraction to give her time to make an escape, but no, she just casually walks away while they stand there watching. At least Owen tried, heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 22:24   Link #125
Frontier

Quote:
I liked the wandering around town part. That was amusing. Nice to spend a whole episode in the fantasy world. I find that a lot more interesting than the Earth bits. It seems when he's in our world, his Mary Sue factor seems to multiply hehe.

The animation during the fight with the prince seemed disjointed, and at the end of the herb gathering scene the direction was so odd I actually thought I was having problems with my PC. A lot of dialog without seeing characters, just the panning of scenery. I've had issues in the past where the video lags out bad and falls way out of sync with the audio; I thought maybe that was happening as Owen arrived and was talking while we were still looking at grass lol.

God I'm so over the way many anime just let opponents wander off. Yuuya is supposed to be super strong and super fast; why the heck did he not make a move against the girl? He just stood there like an idiot. They shown how he was so fast he nearly teleported when he went after the prince during the prince's suicidal move. It'd be one thing is she made some explosion or smoke or any sort of distraction to give her time to make an escape, but no, she just casually walks away while they stand there watching. At least Owen tried, heh.
It really felt like they ran out of budget in the second half.
Old 2023-06-19, 22:47   Link #126
Chosen_Hero

This episode was a literal PowerPoint presentation, where did the budget go?
Old 2023-06-20, 22:48   Link #127
Greenish Growth

Wow...the scenery was on the screen so long that one would think that all the characters were naked.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-22, 12:33   Link #128
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It really felt like they ran out of budget in the second half.
I literally had to skip ahead at certain parts since I thought my screen froze, turns out they really just had a scene with just the background shown while everyone was talking lol.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-26, 19:50   Link #129
patnam

it seems Ep13 not yet release, is it delayed?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-26, 20:20   Link #130
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

13 got pushed back to Wednesday it should be up on all the streaming services then.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-28, 11:28   Link #131
scififan

It seems to be anime original? Yuya's harem are getting to know each other. They take the bath in Yuya's residence together. The hime holds the ojousama's hands as if they are old friends.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-28, 12:47   Link #132
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Freaking stupid girl who just waltzed into the other world's most dangerous area without a care in the world then almost getting killed, I don't know why it makes me really angry.

This would've been a nice series for me if not for that stupid girl.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-28, 12:48   Link #133
Frontier

Hearing Reigar's backstory, I can kind of understand why he hated his family so much...I mean, even if it was an accident, his sisters' out of control magic severely wounded him and drove him insane to the point of self-harm and wanting revenge on his sister, and his fathers' solution was to basically isolate him and pretend he didn't even exist. Is it any wonder he wanted his family dead and was ready to die? Though that also just makes Yuuya relate to him more .

Good thing Yuuya has OP healing potions! And Lexia is super forgiving of people who try to kill her if she likes them, though I guess this was also her way of trying to make up for what was done to her brother and so they can get along again .

I love how Luna and Lexia are fighting over either one marrying Yuuya as his reward for saving the day, and how bummed they are that he's just getting Reigar's house and a knight status .

Yuuya's got no time for his school life when he's got to get ready for his next battle with the Vile agent! And of course she seeks him out personally for their final showdown .

Ah, so that's how Yuuya's divine abilities show! His armor turns white and his speed and kicking ability go up a notch .

Of course Kaori just couldn't help herself and lets herself in to Yuuya's house...and into the other world...and onto a battlefield just to find him, nearly getting him and herself killed in the process. She really should've just waited at his house .

Master Usagi arrived just in time to back up Yuuya! And reveal that Yuti isn't quite a vile...but the apprentice of the Divine Archer, who was killed by humans and made Yuti turn on humanity and want to wipe it out. No wonder she's a master archer then .

Some great teamwork from Yuuya, Night, and Usagi! But it's Akatsuki's divine purifiying powers that really saves the day! Yuti even lands in a princess carry in Yuuya's arms .

I love how Usagi just leaves Yuti with Yuuya and just hops off like it's not his problem what Yuuya does with her. I guess she needed to join his Harem somehow .

Kaori has always seen the real Yuuya, his kindness, his heroism, and what he is beneath the surface, whether he's fat, handsome, or otherwise. He's never "cheated" when he was with her. And that means everything to him .

Finale ending montage! We've got Lexia and Luna meeting Kaori and bonding in the bath together (and probably over Yuuya), Yuuya's siblings trying to reconnect (I'd thought they'd still be in juvie), Yuti joining Yuuya's school (for more Harem hijinks), and finishing out on Yuuya and Kaori locking eyes with each other .
Old 2023-06-28, 14:52   Link #134
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
It seems to be anime original? Yuya's harem are getting to know each other. They take the bath in Yuya's residence together. The hime holds the ojousama's hands as if they are old friends.
Not Anime Original, it does happen in the Novel.
It occurs between Prince plot and the final fight against Yuti.

Quote:
Yuti joining Yuuya's school (for more Harem hijinks)
Just to clarify for those who didn't get why Yuti is on Earth (as the Anime skipped it).

Master Usagi comes back later when Yuti wakes up, and explains that it was the Vile which forced the Humans to kill the Divine Archer (the Vile blackmailed the Divine Archer to remain quite or he would kill the Humans she was protecting, and ordered the Humans to Kill the Divine Archer to stay alive, but in the end after the death of the Divine Archer, the Vile killed the Humans anyway).
And learning the truth makes Yuti docile, and Yuuya decides to move her to Earth because the Vile's would target her if they know she is still alive (according to Master Usagi).
Later when Kaori comes to Yuuya's house, he discusses things with her and Kaori fixes up things and allows Yuti to enter the School in Middle grade (one grade lower than Yuuya).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Freaking stupid girl who just waltzed into the other world's most dangerous area without a care in the world then almost getting killed, I don't know why it makes me really angry.

This would've been a nice series for me if not for that stupid girl.
Quote:
Of course Kaori just couldn't help herself and lets herself in to Yuuya's house...and into the other world...and onto a battlefield just to find him, nearly getting him and herself killed in the process. She really should've just waited at his house .

Kaori has always seen the real Yuuya, his kindness, his heroism, and what he is beneath the surface, whether he's fat, handsome, or otherwise. He's never "cheated" when he was with her. And that means everything to him .
Actually that part is Anime Original.
Kaori doesn't appear when Yuuya faces Yuti, she appears later and that to only at the Earth house.

Quote:
Yuuya's siblings trying to reconnect (I'd thought they'd still be in juvie)
Think this is Anime Original as well, as i don't remember them appearing again after that whole incident.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2023-06-28 at 15:29.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-28, 21:13   Link #135
Strahan

Wasn't a terrible ending but yea, the bit with Kaori just wandering into a battlefield was a bit silly. On the bright side, at least they didn't do the cliche bad guy grabs unexpected friend and holds them hostage bit lol

Not a terrible ending, but a bit weird to show the archer chick suddenly in the school as anime only fans would probably be confused. Well, I guess it's not that hard to imagine really but still. If you wanted to transition her to the real world, better to just save it for S2 I'd think. I'm glad we have readers to share these details, I know I'd have been like ehhhh? otherwise.

It'd have been funny if the rabbit was like "I leave it up to you" and Yuuya is like hmmm my harem is large enough already and she's dangerous so.... sticks sword through her neck heh. Though that would be sad; she's the best looking harem candidate so far IMO
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-29, 20:21   Link #136
Alchemist007
*Author

I figured all the logic needed to bring the new girl over was when she bathed with the other girls, a sign that she's basically in the harem now.
The show knew what it was, and at least had some comedy which helped make up some for the animation (or lack of). The story itself was the usual schlock.

6/10
Old 2023-06-30, 10:45   Link #137
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

That was a pretty entertaining power fantasy overall, though I kind of hate endings that just give a weird montage of future scenes. I didn't expect much from the series but I ended up reading the crap out of the LN since they're pretty short volumes and really enjoyed it overall so... mission accomplished I guess for a one cour advertisement type series.

The CG was kind of jarring at times but the girls were cute and preserved the LN designs so its a trade off I guess.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 12:31   Link #138
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 10:09.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 12:54   Link #139
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The shows' character designs work better for fanservice illustrations than actually moving .
Old 2023-07-03, 06:54   Link #140
zztop

Quote:
The shows' character designs work better for fanservice illustrations than actually moving .
I recall a comment on Reddit saying that for these types of character designs to be animated properly, you'd need skilled animators to pull it off (like Kimetsu, or at least like the 1st episode of Ryza). Something which this production team did not have. That and their decision to invest everything into keeping character designs detailed and on model at the expense of any possible movement.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, isekai