AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-29, 12:09   Link #81
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh look, Gabimaru realized that sagiri has potential. That's probabaly the biggest compliment for Sagiri coming from such a strong shinobi who is always straightforward & no-nonsense, and voila! She indeed has that seed of potential with how she grabbed Genji's sword from his hands like it was nothing.

Anyway, with Genji gone, I think now we're left with pretty interesting survivors that I can see myself keep following. And it's nice that the characters keep addressing, discussing & trying to find out what's up with the island, which has been the main draw for me.
Old 2023-04-29, 18:45   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What was Rokurota's nickname again? The feminist? His two on-screen kills have been the two people who told Sagiri to go back in the kitchen. By that logic, Senta narrowly dodged a bullet and Gabimaru has the ultimate plot amor since he told her he felt she was stronger than him when they first thought.

But jokes aside, Sagiri's character arc is great. Struggling with self-doubt and trying to carve a place for herself in a man's world. All she wants is to be judged based on her skills rather than her gender or who her father is.

Tenza and Nurugai are a great pair. Only one character left to be formally introduced, and he's among the very best of the manga.
Old 2023-04-29, 19:57   Link #83
grecefar

Now I just hope that tenza and nurugai have their happy ending, that's all I ask.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-30, 15:01   Link #84
Tenzen12

I do feel bad for those two dudes though. I mean it's pretty much "Valid criticism, valid criticism, valid criticism... also you are woman" Go to kitchen argument doesn't fool me into hating them when they are 90% right.

Though Sagiri have right get herself killed (or survive and become stronger) if she wish. As long as she doesn't ignore her issues.
Old 2023-05-01, 03:14   Link #85
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I do feel bad for those two dudes though. I mean it's pretty much "Valid criticism, valid criticism, valid criticism... also you are woman" Go to kitchen argument doesn't fool me into hating them when they are 90% right.

Though Sagiri have right get herself killed (or survive and become stronger) if she wish. As long as she doesn't ignore her issues.
On one hand, this whole agenda "misoginic guys discriminate female characters for not wanting to stay in kitchen" is a bit to straightforward in the series. BUt on the other hand, Sagiris issues are no way related to her sex, more to her current emotional state, so the guy was wrong.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-01, 10:11   Link #86
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah he had some points but then that last comment followed by an attack...stupid.
Old 2023-05-01, 14:20   Link #87
Tenzen12

And? Valid points are still valid.
Old 2023-05-02, 00:23   Link #88
Alchemist007
*Author

That depends on if they're taken seriously, which could be difficult if they discredit their own judgement ability like that.
Old 2023-05-02, 11:29   Link #89
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Now I just hope that tenza and nurugai have their happy ending, that's all I ask.
As this reminds me of Zodiac War.... unfortunately I don't expect it to happen, as much as I'd like to.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-03, 11:16   Link #90
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Credit to the show. It's actually going to be a bit of a downer when most of these characters end up dead.

I suppose the show could defy my expectations and let a few pairs of characters get out of there alive. Having the executioners that survive claim their prisoners are dead to cover for that and just have one prisoner get the official pardon. But somehow I don't see it happening.

Too bad. Nurugai and Tenza seem pretty nice. Be a cute pair to end up together after all of this. I just don't see them making it out alive.

I will say thank god Genji died. That guy was getting to be insufferable. At least his swords can be put to good use going forward.
Old 2023-05-06, 11:01   Link #91
Frontier

They're always so cute and chubby when they're young...at least until they grow up with a taste for human flesh and destroying everything in their path because they're too strong, as was the case with Rokurota. Even killed and ate his own parents .

Genji is nobody's favorite character, but to his credit he protected Sagiri and acknowledged her personal strength and conviction in the end, even giving her his sword and watching on with almost a sense of pride as she battles Rokurota and helping her realize her own brand of swordsmanship that acknowledges her skill as a samurai but her sensitivity as a woman. And despite their thinking she's not cut out for it, it seems like Sagiri had warm memories of training with both Genji and Eizen, so I'm glad she was able to avenge them .

It was pretty cool getting to see more of Gabimaru's Ninpo special moves in action, just reminding you that this is a Shonen manga, and he apparently has a ton at his disposal! Not that it really helps against Rokurota because he's as powerful as he is fast, and just as invulnerable as Gabimaru. Luckily Gabimaru has a samurai on his side who has experience cutting through things .

Cheerleader Yuzuriha is nice and all, even if that's the extent to her help in this episode. I guess it's clear they can only rely on her for so much, and not much in the way of backup during a fight .

Poor Senta got stuck to a tree and keeps getting compared to a raccoon. Although Yuzuriha seems to imply he's way less pleasant and considerate than he looks at first glance .

I didn't expect Rokurota to start wailing and crying like a baby with destructive force. I guess mentally he's still a child, which it seems like Sagiri recognized in the end when she comforted his decapitated head like a mother would, as Rokurota still longs for his parents .

Although even with Gabimaru's strength and Sagiri's recognition of herself that lets her deflect even Rokurota's blows, it takes a flame-Ninpo induced fire from Gabimaru to get him in a position where Sagiri can finally slice his head off. Nice teamwork !

So are there other people living on this island? Magic hermits? Or two ethereal beings with colored hair straight-up banging when Chobei and Toma chance upon them ?
Old 2023-05-06, 12:26   Link #92
Tenzen12

It would be hard for Genji compete with Sagiri and Yuzuriha. They are cute after all. That said, but everything he did since meeting with Sagiri was for her sake and I do think he deserve more credit then just for sacrificing himself in last moments.
Old 2023-05-06, 18:51   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A shame the animation took a nosedive for Sagiri's big episode. It's not like it was horrible or anything but it was not up to the show's usual standards.

Two hot naked girls making out in the middle of the forest... somehow this is the sight that has surprised the brothers the most so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Poor Senta got stuck to a tree and keeps getting compared to a raccoon. Although Yuzuriha seems to imply he's way less pleasant and considerate than he looks at first glance .
Well, when you think about it he watched Yuzuriha perform gruesome experiments on that other convict without batting an eye. He also seems very invested in solving the mystery of the island, and is definitely the most knowledgeable person in the cast so far. He also did end up basically abandoning Sagiri by running away with Yuzuriha, but I guess we can give him the benefit of the doubt here because he clearly believes Sagiri is very skilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It would be hard for Genji compete with Sagiri and Yuzuriha. They are cute after all. That said, but everything he did since meeting with Sagiri was for her sake and I do think he deserve more credit then just for sacrificing himself in last moments.
Yeah, he was not a bad dude, and his final words to Sagiri ended up allowing her to make a breakthrough.
Old 2023-05-08, 00:52   Link #94
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Rokurota's story made me think of the real life man with a similar eating disorder known as Tarrare. Never felt full, and quite literally ate anything. It was even believed he ate a baby.
Old 2023-05-13, 11:06   Link #95
Frontier

What to do when you catch two half-naked ladies getting busy? Make it a foursome? Or I guess they could transform into male form and make it known they don't care for humans .

Look, it's Japanese Groot! I guess Gabimaru leaving it to Yuzuriha and Senta is a bit of payback for them sitting out of the last big fight...although Yuzuriha still isn't ready to show off in front of an audience, either Senta or the viewers. Though the sight of her with liquid poring off her skin is quite the visual .

Gabimaru is determined to get back to his wife. That means there's only so much plot he can stand or so much restraint he can show before he goes all out, even to a little girl with amazing reflexes, strength, and skill beyond her age...though the poor girl cries all the same. Good thing mommy Sagiri is there !

Cho!? What are you doing here!? Although it turns out the girls' wooden guardian is basically her only parental figure, and an immortal too. Hoko and Mei are probably one of the more pleasant individuals on the island, from what we've seen .

I love how Yuzuriha isn't biting when Hoko tries to make peace until he mentions they have a bath and then she's all in. I guess you can't beat the sight of Yuzuriha bathing and letting those Yuzuriha's completely loose...though naked Sagiri is quite the visual in and of itself, even if she says she's just there to monitor Yuzuriha. Though even she can't help but enjoy the bath .

So those beings Chobei and Toma encountered are the Tensen, beings who have partaken in the Elixir of Life (or Tan) and transformed into divine, perfect, beings (that can change gender?) who feel humans are impure and need to be turned into flower to fuel the Elixir. They also command all the monsters they've seen on the island. What about Hoko and Mei though? It seems like they've partaken in the Elixir and have been around for thousands of years, but they seem different. Not to mention Mei's wound .

Gabimaru isn't one for delicacy even when chancing upon a naked little girl about to bathe when he needs to bathe to clean up his wounds...luckily Sagiri is there to add a sense of decorum and give Mei her first proper bath and bond with the girl more. Even reminds Gabimaru of a nice moment with his wife where the two basically committed to go into the battle of life together! And to Gabimaru, no amount of scars could ruin a womans' appearance, because his wife was so beautiful and it's character that matters. Wise words, Gabimaru !
Old 2023-05-13, 18:30   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Don't be tempted to think the Tensen have no nipples because they're plant people, it's very much censorship. I will never understand why extreme violence is ok but showing nipples isn't. Well, I guess barbie doll anatomy is better than intrusive light beams or black blotches. They probably did that for a practical reason though, given how often the Tensen are half naked.

Anyway, the antagonists are now identified and they got confirmation the elixir exists. All that's left is to take it, but it's obviously easier said than done. They first need to figure out how to even kill them.

And there's Mei's mysterious power. Gabimaru said she was a lot stronger than a kid her size could possibly be and her first was glowing when she threw her punch.
Old 2023-05-13, 19:56   Link #97
Alchemist007
*Author

The pink haired one was ready to fool around.
Old 2023-05-13, 23:01   Link #98
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Don't be tempted to think the Tensen have no nipples because they're plant people, it's very much censorship. I will never understand why extreme violence is ok but showing nipples isn't. Well, I guess barbie doll anatomy is better than intrusive light beams or black blotches. They probably did that for a practical reason though, given how often the Tensen are half naked.

Anyway, the antagonists are now identified and they got confirmation the elixir exists. All that's left is to take it, but it's obviously easier said than done. They first need to figure out how to even kill them.

And there's Mei's mysterious power. Gabimaru said she was a lot stronger than a kid her size could possibly be and her first was glowing when she threw her punch.
I did notice the suspicious mist when Gabimaru and Sagiri stumbled onto Mei in the bath, though maybe that was in the manga .
Old 2023-05-14, 14:25   Link #99
grecefar

nice chapter, gabimaru needs practice with mei if he wants to be a good father in the future.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-14, 17:43   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, Mei is voiced by Konomi Kohara.

Tags
action, adventure