AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-20, 08:35   Link #81
larethian

Even though we all know they're going to be fine, the ending and Kohaku's VA did hit the right emo notes.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-22, 10:39   Link #82
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Dr. Stone: New World. The Medusa's True Face

Getting hyped with either Kaseki's revived to get back to business at crafting for Senku or Kohaku going all fight mode on Moz made me to overlook that Dr. Stone can always deliver beautiful drama moments.

Is Ginro done for after discovering the truth on the Petrification Kingdom's Master?

I do not think so with Kohaku's quick thinking to provoke Kirisame to use the petrification weapon against the both of them surrendering her trust that Senku will eventually find and revive them both.
Let us not forget that Ginro managed to relay the truth of what he saw to Kohaku and she later relayed it to Amaryllis. Therefore, now it all hinges on Amaryllis to relay the discovery to Senku's theme.

Many revelations finally came, but we still need disclosure on how call came to be.

The Master is related to Soyuz, indeed, which could explain why he and his mother escaped the island years ago.

But, since the Master's statue is worn down on the face I do not know if reviving him with the fluid can be possible, or he could be revived but sporting a gruesome scar on his face.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-26, 20:20   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I did appreciate that little pissed off look from Senku when the information got reported in. He's got to keep up his mask and keep things going. But obviously he didn't expect that to happen. Both Ginro getting potentially fatally injured or Kohaku getting petrified. He can joke around with her, but he does have trust in her abilities.

When Yuzuriha was back on the field she really was right to work putting everyone back together. She really is a pro at this. Cute little moment with her and Taiju. Though it reminds me that they are still really innocent regarding that relationship. Can't go for overt showings of affection yet .

Things got pretty tense there. Moz is a total monster that even Kohaku couldn't take down in a fight. Taiju was awesome in his own way, but his only move is to take hits. Keeps more vulnerable members safe to plan a counter move though.

In combination with Gen they turned things around. Obviously this guy is still super dangerous and very much a problem. But at least he's not immediately trying to kill them. Gives them time to think about things. Their only move might be to restore that one prisoner who might be powerful enough to take on Moz 1v1. Though since they can't really trust him either that's not a great option.

At least they've got time to think things out. Hopefully they can make the most of it. At least Moz is pretty simple. He's stupid strong and basically wants all the hot girls for himself. Obviously can't let harem king here actually rule his own kingdom, but at least they've got time to figure out how to double cross him.
Old 2023-10-26, 21:53   Link #84
grecefar

So happy that my boy chrome is back.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-27, 08:39   Link #85
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I thought Tsukasa was one of the few who could gather the pieces of stones but these guys had no problems restoring the petrified characters despite Ryusui being turned into small piece by Kohaku.

Still, gotta say Ginro had one of the creepiest scenes ever in the series considering the atmosphere when the leader approached him. Felt too harsh from the mangaka to write this while voice actor yelled disturbed.
Old 2023-10-28, 02:19   Link #86
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

This episode to me draws parallels between Tsukasa and Moz. I really wonder, if they faced off, who would be victorious?

Gen being extra creepy was quite fitting as Halloween is approaching (coincidence?) but I will say that despite all his tactics, Moz seemed to have the upper hand in this situation. I doubt he would really give the petrification device to Senku and co. He might just keep it for himself after "following" Senku's orders.

Surprised the drone's propellers didn't get damaged when they hit the cave ceiling. It may be their "weakest" asset for now, but surely it will provide some great use later on.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-28, 11:30   Link #87
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I did appreciate that little pissed off look from Senku when the information got reported in. He's got to keep up his mask and keep things going. But obviously he didn't expect that to happen. Both Ginro getting potentially fatally injured or Kohaku getting petrified. He can joke around with her, but he does have trust in her abilities.

When Yuzuriha was back on the field she really was right to work putting everyone back together. She really is a pro at this. Cute little moment with her and Taiju. Though it reminds me that they are still really innocent regarding that relationship. Can't go for overt showings of affection yet .

Things got pretty tense there. Moz is a total monster that even Kohaku couldn't take down in a fight. Taiju was awesome in his own way, but his only move is to take hits. Keeps more vulnerable members safe to plan a counter move though.

In combination with Gen they turned things around. Obviously this guy is still super dangerous and very much a problem. But at least he's not immediately trying to kill them. Gives them time to think about things. Their only move might be to restore that one prisoner who might be powerful enough to take on Moz 1v1. Though since they can't really trust him either that's not a great option.

At least they've got time to think things out. Hopefully they can make the most of it. At least Moz is pretty simple. He's stupid strong and basically wants all the hot girls for himself. Obviously can't let harem king here actually rule his own kingdom, but at least they've got time to figure out how to double cross him.
They "just" need to get control of the petrification weapon.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-02, 16:04   Link #88
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Dr. Stone: New World. Deal Game, Test of Wit

Trust me, it's unknown who would be victorious in between Tsukasa vs. Moz because both fighters they are not only skilled but possess high-tier intuition and mental agility to discern even the oddest of details.

I guess the bottom-up would be whom amongst the two excels at being the most relentless, since Tsukasa cares for his little sister and children that are not able to defend themselves while Moz cares to become the next master and rule over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
This episode to me draws parallels between Tsukasa and Moz. I really wonder, if they faced off, who would be victorious?

Gen being extra creepy was quite fitting as Halloween is approaching (coincidence?) but I will say that despite all his tactics, Moz seemed to have the upper hand in this situation. I doubt he would really give the petrification device to Senku and co. He might just keep it for himself after "following" Senku's orders.
Honestly, I never imagined that I guessed right, although not that quite correctly when Moz was pondering his options whether to let the intruders slide off or waste them all, because the exchange was hardly what would be called a negotiation in the common sense of the world.

Furthermore, Gen pulling out every manipulation trick while Moz remained unfazed for most of the conversation that told leagues the former was pushing it to move a little the scales to their team.
I do, however, got surprised at first that Gen seemingly pulled out the towel on Moz. Nevertheless, being servile at surface before Moz and agreeing to his demands came about his last resort and only effective manipulation trick to dissuade Moz temporarily from pondering whether to kill or not Senku's team to pondering whether to follow through their plan or stopping once his goals are achieved.
Old 2023-11-02, 19:14   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah, there was no choice. Eventually they had to cross this point. Can come up with cute inventions all day, but there's one invention that they can't avoid when facing off against serious threats that want to kill them. Had to almost literally bite the bullet and get some guns.

No matter how OP Moz is...he's not dodging or stopping bullets. Part of the reason why Tsukasa was so pressured to put a stop to Senku. Returning firearms to the world completely shifts things away from a superhuman's ability to control.

Of course things aren't likely to go as easily as they would hope. That slimeball of an old man clearly knows something is wrong with all this and is sharp. Obviously they have their hands full with planning for the weapon and having to worry about Moz turning on them. But the lack of concern about the old guy seeing through them is probably going to bite them.
Old 2023-11-02, 20:03   Link #90
grecefar

it was just matter of time and in the end the gun will always make his way to history no matter how many times you reset the world.
Old 2023-11-02, 21:30   Link #91
Random14

Sad to see them make a gun, but yeah, things are that dire. Tsukasa still meant well, Ibara and Moz are way worse. I worry about someone like Yo with a gun but he's still pretty easy to manipulate. Fitting to have Taiju and Yuzuriha awake to see this moment (and reference their trip way back). Huh, three years already, time has passed fast (between their war and then building the ship).

They've got a pretty detailed plan, but as Gen already pointed out, something will go wrong. Now its time for the big clash, at least they've woken up a good deal of the main cast already.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-03, 02:31   Link #92
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Yeah, agreed with all of you above. Sad to see that this was their "last resort" to stopping Moz. And it's not very reliable in the hands of that former prison guard as he couldn't hit any of the bottles.

Going back to my own question, I would think Tsukasa having lived in the modern world would have the upper hand over Moz. While Moz is highly intuitive, he might be momentarily stunned when encountering new ideas/techniques/inventions whereas Tsukasa would not be fazed and can continue plowing forward with his ideals. That split second of time may give Tsukasa the upper hand should this hypothetical fight ever occur.

From the ending, it looks like Ginro is going to shine next episode!
Old 2023-11-03, 10:10   Link #93
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

If I recall well, season 1 of Dr. Stone premiered alongside season 1 of Jujutsu Kaisen. I remember finding strange watching these animes at the same time because the former embraces pacifism while the latter is more interested into killing. Then again, the ones they kill Jujutsu are Curses so they get don't have too many problems with it.

The gun seems to bring up these ideals of pacifism again but then again, I don't think Senku's group ever killed somebody
Old 2023-11-09, 11:59   Link #94
Random14

Its crazy how the big battle has started yet things are still going from dangerous to silly and back so quickly, but then that's this series for you (and a good thing as far as I'm concerned).

There goes their "alliance" with Moz, not like that's a surprise. Ugh, Magma you just had to screw things up. Oh well, there's a lot of things going on at the moment anyway. Of course Ibara just had to be that observant and paranoid. Good thing Senku and Ryusui are quick to react too. Poor Soyuz's father, but at least there's finally a chance to avenge him.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-10, 00:32   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I swear Magma should be restricted to working inside a cage! That freaking moron! This is like a child getting their hands on a gun. Though Gen might be the biggest moron of them all. Why did he help that idiot get closer!?

So in the end Soyuz's story finally pieces itself together. His memory is about as magical as the petrification device, but it works out for them here. Makes sense now why his mother took a baby on such a reckless escape trip. Clearly Ibara enacted his insurrection, took down the Master, the wife had to flee with her child and everything plays out as we already know.

Figures that Ibara was way too crafty for their original plan to work. The earpiece thing was pretty sloppy. I mean sure making a custom one for Moz wasn't something they had time for in that specific moment. But it was screaming for someone to notice.

Now the whole situation has gone pretty chaotic.

Props as well to Yuzuriha for just getting to work. They unfortunately couldn't save the guy, but at least they can make sure Ibara goes down for his crimes. Though I'm admittedly a bit confused. Why did this statue fall apart over the course of 20 years while the main characters survived as stone for significantly longer? Was Ibara beating it up constantly or something?
Old 2023-11-10, 07:24   Link #96
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I swear I have so much fun with Gen regardless of what he does that he is almost turning into a One Piece character
Old 2023-11-10, 11:19   Link #97
grecefar

one thing after another, these kind of chapters makes it frustrating.
Old 2023-11-10, 17:16   Link #98
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Why did this statue fall apart over the course of 20 years while the main characters survived as stone for significantly longer? Was Ibara beating it up constantly or something?
No, as he said, he destroyed it to keep it out of Senku's hands.

Seems like the next step is to dress up Soyuz as his father so the "Master" can make an appearance.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-12, 21:41   Link #99
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Dr. Stone: New World. Total War

When Ibara was first introduced in the first half of this season I sensed that senile, old man had keen observation skills to discern the tiniest odd details that feel out of place.

This episode proved Ibara's frightening observation skills and anticipating moves ahead from the Kingdom of Science.

It felt odd to him observing Moz wearing the same earrings as Kohaku-chan did, particularly since she was ratted out to be infiltrator. Unfortunately for the Kingdom of Science, after had Kohaku's statue retrieved he picked-up her earring and found about the transmitter hearing our heroes conversation with Moz unknowing to them.

And, the rest became story advising Kirisame before his force went to the Howling Hill to watch out for Moz and switching the petrification device with a fake.

Furthermore, if the Science Kingdom split forces and went ahead to retrieve the Master's statue he shattered it before leaving for the Perseus in order to conceal the secret while having trapped the intruders in the island to use the petrification beam from the boat at a safe distance.

What the old, pervert, bastard did not account for is that the Science Kingdom has Deku and science and are putting their fath to go on a brawl out at the ship, because Magmas' shenanigans for him to be first to dispose of Ibara.
Old 2023-11-16, 16:05   Link #100
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Man...Hyoga was no match for Moz??!! Hard to believe! But we can see here the level of sophistication Hyoga has over Moz when the subject was on women and thus Hyoga made his selection.

Interesting ending where the petrification beam's radius was small enough to only affect Kirisame, but not Ibara himself. With that logic, how would an entire island get swallowed up in Medusa's light? [EDIT: Nevermind, that's why he said those parameters].

Though we didn't see/hear, Moz has to be injured from one of the bullets right?

Tags
adventure, sci-fi