AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-10, 23:46   Link #41
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
it seems that looks are everything in this anime.
In fairness Kaori only cared about his eyes and character and probably would have brought him into the school whether he was hot or not, though it definitely improved the opinion of his class .
Old 2023-04-11, 00:58   Link #42
magnuskn

Yeah, this kinda dumpstered my interest in the series, since suddenly all the good things are happening to him at once. Gets a strong new body, invited into the prestigious school, where all the super hot girls find him insanely hot immediately, despite his inferiority complex people suddenly jump in to defend him from his evil relatives (and, wow, them simultaneously falling to their knees in defeat, while the psychotic bullies watch on, now probably choosing them as their next targets... not subtle, this show). It just felt like a bit too much good at once, after one life of misery.

We'll see how it goes next episode, but I presume he'll be found out to have rescued an important and beloved noble girl and showered with fame and adoration there as well. And of course the hot noble girl will instantly fall for him as well.
Old 2023-04-11, 04:36   Link #43
Tenzen12

That's good thing though. Kaori is super boring so any alternative would improve this show.
Old 2023-04-11, 06:54   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm going to presume the Grandfather is the Sage.
Always possible, I suppose, but not consistent with the door's description. Every time it changes owner, it connects to a random world. There's no reason to think it would have led to the same world when owned by the MC's grandfather.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-11, 08:57   Link #45
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Always possible, I suppose, but not consistent with the door's description. Every time it changes owner, it connects to a random world. There's no reason to think it would have led to the same world when owned by the MC's grandfather.
That's not correct the destination was fixed when the door was established... though I guess it is possible he could disconnect and/or reconnect like it was a Stargate or something. For now though its more like getting fiber internet installed, whoever owns the house can activate the connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
We'll see how it goes next episode, but I presume he'll be found out to have rescued an important and beloved noble girl and showered with fame and adoration there as well. And of course the hot noble girl will instantly fall for him as well.
I mean like most isekai it is a harem at the end of the day, and it should be obvious from the OP/ED he's got hoes in different area codes. The harem being crossworld brings some interesting dynamics too though I'm not sure how far the anime will get.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-11, 09:32   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's good thing though. Kaori is super boring so any alternative would improve this show.
I dunno Kaori slaying those siblings and Akarin's voice makes her a winner in my book .
Old 2023-04-11, 10:22   Link #47
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
The harem being crossworld brings some interesting dynamics too though I'm not sure how far the anime will get.
There's 13 novels out so far in Japan.
Assuming the anime only gets the usual 12 episodes, probably not too far.

Spoiler for Possible cutoff point for anime:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-11, 15:17   Link #48
Lex79

I'm curious to see if the protagonist will be the only one who travels between worlds or later the characters from isekai are going to meet the ones from Japan.
Old 2023-04-11, 15:51   Link #49
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I'm curious to see if the protagonist will be the only one who travels between worlds or later the characters from isekai are going to meet the ones from Japan.
I'm curious how separately they're going to keep the two halves of Yuuya's life. The OP has him and Kaori in what looks like a battlefield so I wonder if the two worlds combine in a big way later on.
Old 2023-04-11, 16:01   Link #50
Dextro
He Without a Title

I watched the first two episodes and while I found everything quite hilarious, I'm not sure the show is self aware enough to be intentionally funny. So far they're fast forwarding through the tropes at such a fast rate that I almost got whiplash, but I'm not sure the show will do anything interesting with them other than just go for maximum wish-fulfillment power fantasy.

I'll give it a couple more episodes though. Maybe it continues being (un)intentionally funny in a meta way.
Old 2023-04-11, 17:37   Link #51
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I dunno Kaori slaying those siblings and Akarin's voice makes her a winner in my book .
Of course she would. She wouldn't be "perfect" waifu if she didn't. But perfection is boring and she have to get worse to get better. I certainly don't think just good voice acting can save it (You would need at least Myukichi for that).
Old 2023-04-11, 18:19   Link #52
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I watched the first two episodes and while I found everything quite hilarious, I'm not sure the show is self aware enough to be intentionally funny. So far they're fast forwarding through the tropes at such a fast rate that I almost got whiplash, but I'm not sure the show will do anything interesting with them other than just go for maximum wish-fulfillment power fantasy.

I'll give it a couple more episodes though. Maybe it continues being (un)intentionally funny in a meta way.
The author's Fruit of Evolution was an outright parody. This seems to be trying to play it (relatively) straight but in a fun way, though I guess that just depends on ones' opinion on Isekai tropes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Of course she would. She wouldn't be "perfect" waifu if she didn't. But perfection is boring and she have to get worse to get better. I certainly don't think just good voice acting can save it (You would need at least Myukichi for that).
Well, this is really the first episode we've really gotten to know her. I mean, ideal waifu vibes aside she seems quite likeable .
Old 2023-04-15, 14:09   Link #53
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
it seems that looks are everything in this anime.
Yea, I'm curious how his reception would have been had he not transformed before the trial run, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-17, 13:04   Link #54
Frontier

Yuuya is going on a shopping trip! And he's turning heads (both male and female)! Not great for his social anxiety, but pretty amusing all the same .

It seems Yuuya's version of "politely turn down" ladies is being a natural ladykiller .

In desperate need of a male model? Why not rope in the hottest guy in the mall! And Yuuya gets to play boyfriend to a hot professional model named Miu who gets nice, close and personal with him...arms linked, exposed cleavage in front of his eyes, boobs pressed against him, the full course !

All the while he's getting chummy with a female model a princess is determined to find him and dragging her knights with him. I wonder soon if every woman in two worlds will want to get at Yuuya .

Playing pretend couple is fun and all, and Yuuya and Miu look pretty handsome together, but what's really meaningful is when they actually get to know each other and form a legitimate emotional connection...which even gets the perfect photo from the photographer .

Ugh, what a piece of trash. He doesn't take the work seriously, shows up super late, and then tries to put the moves on Miu when she's clearly uncomfortable. Wrong time for a kabedon, dude! Though I wasn't expecting Yuuya to outright judo throw him .

Miu has fallen hard for Yuuya! Too bad he doesn't want to enter into modeling yet when he's still so young and inexperienced...though is Miu too old to go to Ousei? Looks like her agency wants him, though they framed that scene oddly sinister for a modeling agency .

Well, Lexia wanted to find Yuuya, so recreating the same situation where she and her knights are about to be killed until he shows up ends up actually achieving that! And of course she proposes marriage a minute into properly meeting him for the first time because this show knows what it is .
Old 2023-04-17, 16:18   Link #55
Chosen_Hero

Wait... was that Orochimaru's VA at the end there? If it was then glad to see that trying to recruit young boys is still a priority, only this time less Mengele and more The Devil wears Prada.
Old 2023-04-17, 17:13   Link #56
zztop

I've noticed the production for Cheat Skill is basically a PowerPoint slideshow with rather limited animation, similar to Record of Ragnarok on Netflix (except the slides here look better, close to the LN illustration's quality).

Even the currently airing Tensei Kizoku has way better animation, where you can see the characters move and gesture about clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Yea, I'm curious how his reception would have been had he not transformed before the trial run, lol
Probably would have read like the first few volumes of Reincarnated as the Piggy Duke/Buta Kōshaku ni Tensei Shitakara, where the MC was physically fat but was also a pretty powerful magician.
https://j-novel.club/series/reincarn...her-how-i-feel
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-17, 17:48   Link #57
magnuskn

Okay, ugh. Sorry, but I gotta say I'm not into MEGAWISHFULLFILLMENT AAAAAAAH! anime. This is just too much BS at once.
Old 2023-04-17, 18:42   Link #58
grecefar

yeah... I was cringing all the chapter, and the real world is just awful.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-17, 19:18   Link #59
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Wait... was that Orochimaru's VA at the end there? If it was then glad to see that trying to recruit young boys is still a priority, only this time less Mengele and more The Devil wears Prada.
And playing a woman, it seems .
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I've noticed the production for Cheat Skill is basically a PowerPoint slideshow with rather limited animation, similar to Record of Ragnarok on Netflix (except the slides here look better, close to the LN illustration's quality).

Even the currently airing Tensei Kizoku has way better animation, where you can see the characters move and gesture about clearly.
You'd probably need a top tier studio to properly animate these character designs.
Old 2023-04-17, 21:40   Link #60
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Its heavily CG and trying to pretend its not; its done by the same studio as So I'm a Spider, So What? I don't really mind it regardless.

I dunno if Piggy Duke is comparable though... it has a fat/ugly protagonist because its basically a genderswapped villainess isekai. I didn't think it was very good either but to each their own.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, isekai