AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-11, 01:20   Link #621
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Roses are Red
B*tches are Hoes
Let me destroy
That illusion of yours
I love it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-11-11, 02:10   Link #622
sinner0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I needs someone to agree with me. Anyone who think the entity inside Touma is Hadit?
Nuit got ruled out because she' female, so that leaves only Heru-ra-ha and Hadit. Then consider Touma's status, it makes more sense that he is even beyond the Aeon of Horus, which rules out Heru-ra-ha.
As for me, I think the thing inside is Chaos. That is only thing that stood above God I can think of, which fit Kamijou's 'La persona superiore a Dio' description, since all God are supposedly born/originated from Chaos.
Old 2010-11-11, 10:01   Link #623
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
As for me, I think the thing inside is Chaos. That is only thing that stood above God I can think of, which fit Kamijou's 'La persona superiore a Dio' description, since all God are supposedly born/originated from Chaos.
REALLY? where can i find info on that?
Old 2010-11-11, 10:07   Link #624
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Only in the Greek/Roman myths are gods born from Chaos. Well, more specifically, the first two Titans, Uranus and Gaia, were born from Chaos. Then the other Titans were born from Gaia, and then the Gods.

In the Judeo-Christian myth, God always existed since the beginning of time, and he was the one who parted the endless ocean (which could be seen as chaos) to form the Earth, according to the book of Genesis.
Old 2010-11-11, 10:34   Link #625
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
as he says. i think you have the wrong gods
Old 2010-11-11, 10:47   Link #626
tsunade666

but the thing inside touma can be an unknown god or a personalize god of the author. The author has been using lots of reference from tons of religion but he still put touma as an unknown and can't be explained by magic and science even though the universe of index world is made up of magic and science.
Old 2010-11-11, 10:50   Link #627
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but the thing inside touma can be an unknown god or a personalize god of the author. The author has been using lots of reference from tons of religion but he still put touma as an unknown and can't be explained by magic and science even though the universe of index world is made up of magic and science.
If someone read the actual book of law we'd probably know.
Old 2010-11-11, 11:19   Link #628
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Hmmm maybe Touma IB is actually the Divine spark ? like those gnostic Christian has in their philosophy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Spark
Old 2010-11-11, 11:28   Link #629
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Hmmm maybe Touma IB is actually the Divine spark ? like those gnostic Christian has in their philosophy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Spark
Jim Carrey?

This has reminded me when Accel said I'm Goof or Evil? No, its "me".
The name of God in Christianity means "I Am that I Am" and Accelerator is called "the one who weilds the power that equates God". Coincidence?
Old 2010-11-11, 17:49   Link #630
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
At that pint she doesn't like him really, we still dont know even in novels but we pray hard for it.
Praying for her to like him?!
Please NO!

I know that he himself doesn't pay much attention to anyone what already is good, but still him getting attention from almost each female is ridiculous...
Old 2010-11-11, 18:20   Link #631
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Praying for her to like him?!
Please NO!

I know that he himself doesn't pay much attention to anyone what already is good, but still him getting attention from almost each female is ridiculous...
Is there any other reason than just this "ridiculous" thingy? Explain please.

I do not need such "un-ridiculousness."

*flees*

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-11-11 at 18:57.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:30   Link #632
kitten320

Because that's simply unbelievable. He is not that great in order for everyone to fall for him, especially for Kaori who is older than him. Girl falling for her savour is too damn over used and cliché, that it isn't even funny.

It makes female cast look dumb, especially when they randomly blush around him or chase him.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:50   Link #633
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Does it really matter? It's not even focused on, and the only girls who really, REALLY like him are Mikoto and Itsuwa. The others are simply very grateful and admire him a lot, to the point of a crush.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:52   Link #634
kitten320

It still ticks from time to time.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:59   Link #635
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

But it shouldn't, it's not like he's Tenchi where the author makes it a point to emphasize how big his harem is and how he can make every girl he meets develop cocklust. Furthermore, at least when girls develop feelings for him, it's actually believable considering the extent he goes through to save one person. Believe it or not, but girls really DO like manly guys who'll stand up for them.
Old 2010-11-11, 19:00   Link #636
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
@kitten320: Maybe it's just you (and some others) but for me it makes good laughing material, it's as good as it is IMO.

(and honestly one of the major reasons I enjoy this show)

... Touma would be more scared than happy about all the "love" he's getting from his... uh, harem circle. Besides, practically everyone (save for Himegami and Seiri) there can kill him should he be on their wrong side (which is, if he settles down for a girl).

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-11-11, 19:03   Link #637
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Because that's simply unbelievable. He is not that great in order for everyone to fall for him, especially for Kaori who is older than him. Girl falling for her savour is too damn over used and cliché, that it isn't even funny.

It makes female cast look dumb, especially when they randomly blush around him or chase him.
From "ridiculous" to "unbeliable" still doesn't explain your reasons.

Think the other way, if Kaori is older than him by 2 years, why a girl like Mikoto should fall for him if she is younger than him by 2 years as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Does it really matter? It's not even focused on, and the only girls who really, REALLY like him are Mikoto and Itsuwa. The others are simply very grateful and admire him a lot, to the point of a crush.
Index is included there as well.
Old 2010-11-11, 19:26   Link #638
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I didn't include Index since I don't think she loves him in the same way Mikoto and Itsuwa do, although I could be wrong.
Old 2010-11-11, 19:28   Link #639
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

As one of them said girls do like manly people. This harem show aint like to love ru where the guys a little b!$^# and still gets some. That doesn't happen in real life, and also toumas a bad ass his ridiculous sense of justice should be an example to everyone of what to do when they see someone with a problem.
Old 2010-11-11, 20:00   Link #640
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well, not necessarily. Most people shouldn't knock on death's door on a weekly basis for people they just met 2 seconds ago.