AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 30 37.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-01, 05:09   Link #101
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I feel your pain. This anime is sooo close to being recommendable to pure-hearted young people, but then unavoidably Junichi gets one of his horndog moments and it all goes to hell. If he is like this with his best friend, I don't know I want to see what happens when he meets up with Swim Club Girl.
*sigh* Yep. I keep wanting to recommend this to people as a start off anime of the sorts. But, then I remember Junichi's " Horndog " scenes and I can't recommend it without them coming back and saying something. I got some glimpses of the manga but if what I saw was accurate you won't be disappointed :P
Old 2010-08-01, 05:46   Link #102
msg

Oh wow its kaoru's turn...Definitely better than Haruka's "awkward" arc.Kaoru should be more honest with her feelings towards Junichi.I don't think Kaoru is a tomboy, she just rough when mixing around with boys especially the one she's close with like tachibana and umehara..if you talking about tomboy there is one, but shes a side character.Won't spoil it there.Most probably you'll get to see her in Rihoko's arc...

Junichi and kaoru riding at a beginning of the episode will likely have some significance later of her arc...AND junichi helping Keiko, something will happen, wrong move, Kaoru

Regarding Junichi ogling at her thigh, he's not...he was just observing kaoru's "attire".You'll get to know later...

Last edited by msg; 2010-08-01 at 07:05.
Old 2010-08-01, 09:12   Link #103
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I like that we're shown such 'horndog moments' though, because this is how a male his age would react, plus it works as being apart of the whole teen romance theme that this series has going for itself.

Plus they're hot. Enough said.
Indeed. It wouldn't be normal or realistic for him not to have moments where his perverted side takes over. And so far he hasn't done it without good reason either.
Old 2010-08-01, 10:37   Link #104
Itlandm
Porcupine

The series is indeed commendable for its realism. But realism can be embarrassing, and in this episode we have once again examples of that. Imagine that you are part of a religious or at least old-fashioned family, and an elderly relative comes in to find your computer screen filled with a half-naked girl on a flowerbed, or the camera zoomed in on a waitress' behind. That is not the kind of realism you want to be remembered for.

Obviously the people I am talking about are unlikely to be on this forum, but that does not mean they don't exist or that we don't know any of them.
Old 2010-08-01, 13:14   Link #105
kujoe
from head to heel

The moment Kaoru gets behind Tachibana's bicycle, you just know that good times are coming ahead.

The first chapter highlights the already present chemistry between Tachibana and Kaoru, and it works well in starting this new arc. Kaoru comes off as a very likeable person, a fun sort of girl to hang out with, and one who can easily mingle with the guys and girls alike.

Spoiler for episode 5:

Just one thing, Junichi. Learn to use your peripheral vision... or mirrors and windows.
Old 2010-08-02, 05:22   Link #106
coolasj19

:P I'm watching for the 5th time and I just remembered what I thought first time I heard Kaoru drag up the aquarium. I thought " NOOOooooo. Not filler fun at the aquarium!! Nothing will happen there. Especially not with pervery sidekick there. " I'm so glad it doesn't look like they are going to be doing these episodes where they have generic fun for 11 minutes. Then again, I shouldn't worry about filler. Apparently they need to rush to get everything in.
Old 2010-08-02, 05:26   Link #107
jaykaylol

Great first episode, in substance this episode is much better than all four Haruka episodes. Not to say Haruka arc wasn't good, I enjoyed it very much but it was awkward.

I like this arc more already because it's more realistic in the sense that their relationship in the coming episodes has a real foundation to it seeing as they have a past together as friends while Haruka and Junichi had only met once and not much happened between them to justify the ending. Also in Haruka's arc, it seemed more focused on Junichi's feelings over Haruka while in this arc we feel a bit more from Kaoru, which I really like.

Kaoru is adorable and I loved her from the first second. Impatiently waiting for the next episode. Might have to rewatch this episode while I wait! >_<
Old 2010-08-02, 12:47   Link #108
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Kaoru's arc... This one is pretty interesting (better than the first episode of Haruka's arc) since our male lead is less mopey and going into areas that are questionable... The funniest parts is the scenes where Junchi thinks about what was going to happen to him in the back of the school with Kaoru and of course, Kaoru's waitress outfit that has a zettai ryouiki.

From what I seen, Kaoru is a tsundere and Junchi is going to have a fun time with her...
Old 2010-08-02, 12:59   Link #109
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
From what I seen, Kaoru is a tsundere and Junchi is going to have a fun time with her...
I am wondering just how long will she tsun about. I mean, she doesn't strike me as a true tsundere.
Old 2010-08-02, 14:30   Link #110
ueXia

Just wait for next episode and judge if she's a true tsundere or not.
You'll see, as there will be something that will make her stand out from them.
Old 2010-08-02, 14:31   Link #111
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am wondering just how long will she tsun about. I mean, she doesn't strike me as a true tsundere.
Personally i wouldn't even class her as a tsundere. Sure she has some of the classifications to be one, though she just doesn't do the whole tsun tsun like most of them that we know off.

Just my take on it anyway.
Old 2010-08-02, 14:37   Link #112
coolasj19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Just wait for next episode and judge if she's a true tsundere or not.
You'll see, as there will be something that will make her stand out from them.
Was she ever really NOT semi-swoony over Junichi already?
Ear-biting. Role Playing. Cares about the poor sap.
Old 2010-08-02, 15:16   Link #113
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
Was she ever really NOT semi-swoony over Junichi already?
Ear-biting. Role Playing. Cares about the poor sap.
Yeah she's always liked him (in my opinion), but they're too good friends to even think about something else. Definitely not a tsundere.
Now that Junichi set the flag, everything will eventually fall down like a snowball, getting bigger and better

Oh and "tsundere" as a term has been modified a lot since it came out .. it's totally wasted now.
Old 2010-08-02, 15:29   Link #114
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Yeah she's always liked him (in my opinion), but they're too good friends to even think about something else. Definitely not a tsundere.
Now that Junichi set the flag, everything will eventually fall down like a snowball, getting bigger and better

Oh and "tsundere" as a term has been modified a lot since it came out .. it's totally wasted now.
Yeah, she def. has liked him for a long while, even if she didn't know it. In the first half of episode 5, there was a number of signs. Like how she waited in the infirmiry until Junichi woke up, and how she got irritated when Junichi and that other girl were starting to get along. Things like that made me believe that she's been liking him for a while without realizing it.
Old 2010-08-02, 16:25   Link #115
kujoe
from head to heel

Kaoru is more dere dere than tsun, if you ask me.

But now that she's aware of her emotions, she might clam up or react in a tsun manner to Tachibana so as not to give anything away.
Old 2010-08-02, 17:25   Link #116
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I wasn't sure how I was going to like Kaoru before her arc started, but after this episode I like her personality a bit already, and I thought this as a first part of an arc was handled bit better than Haruka's, though I'll wait for her whole arc to finish before I decide which I prefer. And I agree need to wait a little bit more before calling her a tsundere or not.

Also Junichi's delusion of behind the school meeting were so hilarious.
MAL
Old 2010-08-02, 19:17   Link #117
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Yeah, she def. has liked him for a long while, even if she didn't know it. In the first half of episode 5, there was a number of signs. Like how she waited in the infirmiry until Junichi woke up, and how she got irritated when Junichi and that other girl were starting to get along. Things like that made me believe that she's been liking him for a while without realizing it.
To me, the "give-away" was the really short scene after Junichi talked with Tanaka, right when she left, and before the future couple walked to the city.
Kaoru had some shiny eyes there, with the mouth a little open, just like thinking "you practice what you pray with me and I'll give you everything honey "

Last edited by ueXia; 2010-08-02 at 20:05.
Old 2010-08-02, 19:24   Link #118
coolasj19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Kaoru is more dere dere than tsun, if you ask me.

But now that she's aware of her emotions, she might clam up or react in a tsun manner to Tachibana so as not to give anything away.
I would be sad if that lasted for more than one episode. But the uhh... what can we name this phenomena ? Where Junichi and the girl do something that has the majority of us recoiling in shock ? Yeah. I think another episode 3 Might happen So , I don't think that clamming up is gonna happen judging by the previews.
Old 2010-08-02, 21:28   Link #119
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A bunch of people need to look up tsundere (definitions past or present). Simply being a rowdy tomboy and assertive does not equal "tsundere". O.o
Old 2010-08-02, 21:32   Link #120
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
But the uhh... what can we name this phenomena ? Where Junichi and the girl do something that has the majority of us recoiling in shock ? Yeah. I think another episode 3 Might happen So , I don't think that clamming up is gonna happen judging by the previews.
Recoiling in shock? Now a guy kissing a girl on the back of her knee, that's a bit surprising to me. But a girl realizing that she may have had these feelings all along and being taken aback by it..? Not so much. I like what I'm seeing, but it's not as if we haven't seen this kind of relationship before.

Moreover, she does seem to be shocked at her own realization. With that said, she'll likely be trying to avoid it, since it's a huge break and risk for their current friendship dynamic, OR she'll want it and pursue it right away.

Either scenario is a good way to set her up as a tsundere, but like a few have already said, it's too early to be the judge on that... not to mention, that I don't think it's that easy to pigeon hole Kaoru in one label, or any of the girls for that matter.
Closed Thread