My basic take on Dr. Strange 2:

Spoiler for movie plots:
Spoiler for Doubt its going to happen considering:
Old 2022-05-12, 00:52   Link #482
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I LOVE the character of Doctor Strange, and REALLY wanted to see this movie. Then I read the spoilers, and said, "Nah, I'll wait for it to come out on BD"

And my main reason(s) why?
Spoiler for My understanding of spoilers:

If you'll allow me to humblebrag for a minute... ever since Disney butchered Star Wars, I resolved to vote with my wallet and pay them as little as possible. And at this point, i think the last Disney/Marvel movie I watched was Homecoming, and I'm pretty sure I rented that one anyways. So, I will be continuing my trend of giving Disney as little money as I possibly can.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 06:35   Link #483
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

If you're "humblebragging" about not giving Disney money because they "butchered" Star Wars, I can only pity you, mate.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-17, 17:55   Link #484
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Just finished watching Moon Knight, and I must say that Oscar Isaac has risen to being one of my favorite actors. He’s literally playing two different roles, both on a flip-switch and then SIMULTANEOUSLY. Then he ends the series by sliding into a THIRD role. Brief as it was, he nailed it to the wall. I already loved him in the Star Wars sequel trilogy (say what you want about the movies, the actors did their best with what they were given), but this man has risen to being one of my favorite actors after his galactic performance in Moon Knight.
Old 2022-05-23, 06:48   Link #485
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not really feeling Ms. Marvel based on the trailers. I won't bother watching it weekly and I'll wait to see how it's received. She-Hulk looks like a comedy show, which I'm ok with. Happy to see Hulk will apparently get plenty of screen-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Just finished watching Moon Knight, and I must say that Oscar Isaac has risen to being one of my favorite actors. He’s literally playing two different roles, both on a flip-switch and then SIMULTANEOUSLY. Then he ends the series by sliding into a THIRD role. Brief as it was, he nailed it to the wall. I already loved him in the Star Wars sequel trilogy (say what you want about the movies, the actors did their best with what they were given), but this man has risen to being one of my favorite actors after his galactic performance in Moon Knight.
I said it before, but he really is an amazing actor. I could see him getting a ton of offers after his performance in Moon Knight.

You may want to watch this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

They talk more about the technical side of things than his performance, but it's still interesting. It never even occurred to me the mirror scene was that difficult to film.
Old 2022-06-17, 20:54   Link #486
GDB

Ms. Marvel's been surprisingly good. It isn't earth shattering or anything, but so far I'd rank it #3 behind Moon Knight and WandaVision. Plenty of room for it to get better or worse, but it feels good so far.

Except the lack of explanation behind these random cops, who I assume are actually part of SWORD.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 09:08   Link #487
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Next Avengers movie in 2025 (two of them). Who do you think the new core members will be? Of the old ones, I doubt any will return in a big capacity. Hawkeye is as good as retired, Thor has his own adventure, and I expect Hulk to be put on a bus/spaceship at the end of She-Hulk. The others are, well, dead.

Dr. Strange, Mister Fantastic, and Captain Samerica are a given. Spider-man depending on Tom Holland's willingness to return. One of the Marvels. She-Hulk, maybe. Loki would make sense given that the events of his series are what started the whole thing. That's all I got. There are probably some obvious ones I'm not thinking of.
Old 2022-07-29, 14:51   Link #488
EroKing

Been hoping for Skye/Daisy/Quake from Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. to show up in an Avengers movie since forever. One day for sure!
Old 2022-07-29, 15:59   Link #489
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Next Avengers movie in 2025 (two of them). Who do you think the new core members will be? Of the old ones, I doubt any will return in a big capacity. Hawkeye is as good as retired, Thor has his own adventure, and I expect Hulk to be put on a bus/spaceship at the end of She-Hulk. The others are, well, dead.

Dr. Strange, Mister Fantastic, and Captain Samerica are a given. Spider-man depending on Tom Holland's willingness to return. One of the Marvels. She-Hulk, maybe. Loki would make sense given that the events of his series are what started the whole thing. That's all I got. There are probably some obvious ones I'm not thinking of.
New Black Widow AKA Natasha's sister is someone I can see as potential member.
Old 2022-07-29, 18:31   Link #490
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
New Black Widow AKA Natasha's sister is someone I can see as potential member.
Oh, right. If they wanted to, they could easily make a team mirroring the old one: new Captain America replacing Captain America, Loki replacing Thor, She-Hulk replacing Hulk, new Hawkeye replacing Hawkeye, new Black Widow replacing Black Widow, Spider-man replacing Iron Man. Add Strange and Mister Fantastic who will definitely be in it.
Old 2022-07-29, 20:57   Link #491
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

We still don't know how Kang actually affects this Earth version when he is officially introduced in Quantumania. Likewise since we're also getting Fantastic 4, then we're also highly likely getting Dr. Doom.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 22:04   Link #492
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Traditionally a New Avengers would have Ant Man and Wasp. The Scarlet Witch. Falcon. Probably others.
Old 2022-08-18, 17:07   Link #493
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First episode of She-Hulk was fun. It also answered one of the biggest mysteries of the MCU in its after credits scene

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2022-09-03, 17:10   Link #494
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok, so She-Hulk really is a mostly a comedy show as I thought. Too bad they forgot to write funny jokes past the first episode. That twerking scene with Megan what's her name was the most cringe scene in the entire MCU.

Oh, and the VFX look bad. Since She-Hulk has an actually achievable physique, maybe they should cast a giant woman in the role and painted her green like in the old Hulk TV show. The CGI really isn't working.
Old 2022-09-03, 17:15   Link #495
GDB

I was fine with the comedy in the second episode too. It was really just this episode that fell flat thus far. Especially the forced 4th wall breaking. Doing it is fine, but not when it feels like they're just trying to hit a quota.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-06, 14:07   Link #496
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Nothing can top Tobey Maguire's dancing in Spiderman 3. They should have given him more moves in No Way Home.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-07, 12:59   Link #497
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Nothing can top Tobey Maguire's dancing in Spiderman 3. They should have given him more moves in No Way Home.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-09-27, 20:11   Link #498
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy shit Hugh Jackman in Deadpool 3!!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 09:45   Link #499
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Holy shit Hugh Jackman in Deadpool 3!!
Ryan Reynolds pestered him so much he had to eventually give in. Let's hope his return will be better than Patrick Stewart as Professor X (I'm talking about he way the character was treated, not his performance just in case it's not completely obvious), who had also said his farewell to the role in Logan.
Old 2022-09-28, 10:51   Link #500
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ryan Reynolds pestered him so much he had to eventually give in. Let's hope his return will be better than Patrick Stewart as Professor X (I'm talking about he way the character was treated, not his performance just in case it's not completely obvious), who had also said his farewell to the role in Logan.
To be fair, the Xavier in MoM is an Alternate-Xavier who lived in a stupid world of "green means stop" and the smartest man in that world acted like a total idiot .

Anyway, I don't know how to feel about Hugh returning as Wolvie again. But since this is Deadpool, I expect a full-on meta-comedy movie anyway. After all, we don't want X-Men Origins to be the last piece of movie where we see Ryan-Pool & Hugh-Wolvie interacted. You gotta scratch that annoying itch.

Tags
marvel cinematic universe