*IT Support

I wonder are most of us here leftists?
Old 2021-05-20, 08:14   Link #322
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I wonder are most of us here leftists?
Well, it's a international forum so the lines betweem left, centrist and right isn't the same everywhere, some position than are leftist in the US (like public healthcare) are very centrist elsewhere. Not to say anything about the fact than somebody might be ''right'' on some matters and ''left'' on others.
Old 2021-05-20, 08:35   Link #323
cyberdemon

I’m more moderate but I just find Trump incredibly annoying
Old 2021-05-20, 08:58   Link #324
The Green One

I think there's plenty of people here who just don't give a crap and ignore the discussion.
Old 2021-05-20, 09:36   Link #325
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Well, it's a international forum so the lines betweem left, centrist and right isn't the same everywhere, some position than are leftist in the US (like public healthcare) are very centrist elsewhere. Not to say anything about the fact than somebody might be ''right'' on some matters and ''left'' on others.
Similar here. Overall, in the US I'd be left of center. Most other western democracies I'd be right of center. But it seems to me that while being on the left economically is popular, being on the left socially is not.

From some studies I've seen, there's been a very similar "realignment" of voters in the US and the UK in the last decade or so. Essentially, the lower skilled lower educated have gone more for right wing parties while the higher educated higher skilled voters have gone more for left wing parties. This has happened to such a degree that here in the UK the Labour party is doing worse amongst their traditional voters than the Conservative party is.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-20, 11:06   Link #326
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
In the USA, I'd be a dirty commie. In France, I'm slightly leaning toward monarchist or bonapartist. I believe in state interventionism, to keep corporate intrusion in check, and the State above all petty racial and religious interests, thinking that those should just stay in the private sphere, putting the common good before a hedonistic pursuit of one's self-interests and satisfaction.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-20, 12:24   Link #327
The Green One

Besides I just don't like Trump as an individual. He could of been a Democrat and I'd treat him the same way, and if it was the Democrats who cowered in terror of him I'd treat them with the same contempt I do the current Republican party, much less the disgusting crazies currently making noise in the general public calling themselves Republicans.
Old 2021-05-21, 08:46   Link #328
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
From some studies I've seen, there's been a very similar "realignment" of voters in the US and the UK in the last decade or so.
Most Western democracies share a similar issue: the rise of secularization and globalization and the changes they have produced. There are now substantial fractions of Western publics that believe they have been left behind by these global processes and turn to atavistic right-wing groups and parties. I expect this process will take a couple of decades and be quite "messy" at times, e.g., 1/6.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-21, 14:31   Link #329
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Most Western democracies share a similar issue: the rise of secularization and globalization and the changes they have produced. There are now substantial fractions of Western publics that believe they have been left behind by these global processes and turn to atavistic right-wing groups and parties. I expect this process will take a couple of decades and be quite "messy" at times, e.g., 1/6.
There's all sorts of ways to express the changes but here's a curious way in which some western democracies differ:

I can't say I know enough about the internal politics of all 4 countries to suggest why there's this divergence. Rather curious that it's the centrists in France and Germany that express the most pride in their country.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 14:12   Link #330
ramlaen

https://twitter.com/JonathanTurley/s...53826776809483

Quote:
Despite a host of legal experts declaring Trump clearly committed obstruction, the newly released OLC memo reveals that career prosecutors concluded that there was no basis for such a charge even without considering his status as president.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 16:03   Link #331
cyberdemon

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-adv...120539102.html

This is getting kinda scary. He’s clearly desperate to regain presidential immunity with the ny investigation getting upgraded to a criminal investigation. The AZ audit is just a shitfest from what I have seen with using wrong pens on the ballots which could alter the original vote. but if they claim in favor of Trump, I fear what his voting base will do.
Old 2021-06-04, 17:13   Link #332
Key Board
Carbon

There already is a plan for august, judging by Telegram extremist chatter

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2021-06-04 at 21:26.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 17:25   Link #333
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Come 2024, if he's still around, I wonder if telling him "you've already won two terms, you can't run anymore" would be a way to convince him not to run?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2021-06-05 at 02:55.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-04, 22:59   Link #334
The Green One

Is it any wonder he refuses to quit? He's got his brainwashed pack of loonies who'd believe water isn't wet if he told them.
Old 2021-06-06, 06:11   Link #335
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In the US, the political world is asking the crucial question - why did Donald Trump give a speech with his pants on backwards?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 07:33   Link #336
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
In the US, the political world is asking the crucial question - why did Donald Trump give a speech with his pants on backwards?
Give it a week, some qanon will “decode” the secret message

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 07:34   Link #337
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Highly unusual question for a political thread but how could he even make that mistake? Surely one would notice their pants were backwards when they were zipping up the fly and buttoning up?
Old 2021-06-06, 08:37   Link #338
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Highly unusual question for a political thread but how could he even make that mistake? Surely one would notice their pants were backwards when they were zipping up the fly and buttoning up?
Much discussion of that very question. Perhaps there was an accident just before the speech which required the pants to be reversed. Perhaps they were some sort of weird no-fly elastic pants (easy diaper access?), with a suspicious wrinkle pattern. But they definitely looked like backwards trousers, and it really is hard to understand how no one would have noticed that (much less the man himself when he was putting them on, unless he's really far gone). Could it be that his staff are so terrified of his fits of rage that no one was willing to bring it up?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 11:54   Link #339
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
You could have at least linked to Clymer's tweet so everyone could have a chance to chime in on this week's detective problem. Plus you made a great joke in reply which everyone should read!

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1401430254837764101

I'm going with the diaper explanation myself.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-06, 20:49   Link #340
cyberdemon

Quote:
He just wants to prove he’s the most senile president ever. That Biden has nothing on his senility. No one has ever been more Senile then him before lol