Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-09, 16:55   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Dark Souls II gameplay to debut tomorrow

Quote:
The 12-minute gameplay reveal will debut at 12 p.m. Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern time.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 14:35   Link #42
Asuras
Dictadere~!

That was absolutely amazing. It may sound superficial, but one of the things that really made me jump with glee was the fact that now clothing actually moves as opposed to remain stone-still. Among other things, the graphics, the enemies, new mechanics, and most of all...

A "You Are Dead" message that doesn't take a dillion seconds to go away.
Old 2013-04-10, 16:32   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Dark Souls II 12-minute gameplay walkthrough
Old 2013-04-10, 20:08   Link #44
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

We all say, bleh graphics aren't as important as gameplay and it's true, but daaaaaammn the graphics make that game look gooooood.

So, is this still a current-gen game or is it coming out for the next-gen?
Old 2013-04-10, 20:20   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Unknown atm; if its out this year there's a chance its still this gen, but anything starting from next year is highly likely to be PS4 stuff...
Old 2013-04-10, 20:45   Link #46
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

On wikipedia it's listed TBA 2014, so perhaps next-gen. The graphics look pretty high quality, and considering it's more or less open world...
Old 2013-04-10, 21:37   Link #47
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
On wikipedia it's listed TBA 2014, so perhaps next-gen. The graphics look pretty high quality, and considering it's more or less open world...
If it is 2014 then it is certainly next gen with a slight chance of current gen releases if it is early 2014. It certainly looks really good so far, looks like it will be even harder then the previous games if we get more of what we saw in that 12 minutes.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 22:17   Link #48
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
If it is 2014 then it is certainly next gen with a slight chance of current gen releases if it is early 2014. It certainly looks really good so far, looks like it will be even harder then the previous games if we get more of what we saw in that 12 minutes.
Actually there's apparently been rumors that they're trying to make it more accessible. It's just a rumor for now, based on an interview. Apparently they might make the beginning portions of the game much easier for casual gamers to get into, and then make a steep increase in difficulty at some point in the game. Basically a longer tutorial section of sorts.

On the plus side they're also thinking of changing the multiplayer to Demon Souls' style server-based gameplay, which is really great news.
Old 2013-04-10, 22:27   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They did say in the early interview that they want it to be more accessible though specifically what part was not mentioned.

Naturally people assumed the worst.
Old 2013-04-10, 23:19   Link #50
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Actually prior interviews revealed Dark Souls 2 will not be open world in the same way Dark Souls was.
Old 2013-04-11, 00:10   Link #51
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Hmmm, mixed feelings on that one. I have fond memories of touching the Tower of Latria archstone thinking, "Hmm wonder where this'll lead me," followed by me marvelling at the creepiness of the world before stepping off a ledge to my death. So a Nexus-like branched world setup might not be so bad.
Old 2013-04-11, 10:00   Link #52
Soverence

Quote:
Actually there's apparently been rumors that they're trying to make it more accessible. It's just a rumor for now, based on an interview. Apparently they might make the beginning portions of the game much easier for casual gamers to get into, and then make a steep increase in difficulty at some point in the game. Basically a longer tutorial section of sorts.

On the plus side they're also thinking of changing the multiplayer to Demon Souls' style server-based gameplay, which is really great news.
Hmmm, that wouldn't be that bad of a thing to do. You don't know how my friends I have tried to get into the game go and die at the first boss and then won't ever play it again because "its too hard". Granted Dark Souls isn't even that hard, its just that too many games now-a-days hold your hand all the way through so when people had to actually think and take their time in Dark Souls it was a shocker to them.

I don't really care for the multiplayer in any of the Souls games, the fighting is always weird and their are some things that just right out win against other human players.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 15:02   Link #53
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhŕi)
*Graphic Designer

Yui Tanimura says PC version of role-playing game "not very well done," promises From Software won't repeat mistakes with sequel.

Source:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/dark-so...rector-6406838
Quote:
"Yes, we will definitely put more priority on the PC. Last time, we started working on PC after the console version was complete," Tanimura added. "This time, because we are considering the PC from the beginning, you can be sure there will be more care put into PC development."
comments: yay! at least that's something i'm going to be looking forward to the PC version.
Old 2013-04-11, 15:20   Link #54
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Dark Souls II:
Where developers spend all their effort into finding new ways for the players to die.

There was a very brief moment of dual wielding in the beginning, I wonder if the dual wield system would be refined. Dual wielding seem perfect against clumsy enemies.

I still have nightmares of the fortress .
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 19:29   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Dark Souls II 'Despair' Trailer.

Dark Souls II ‘Despair’ trailer, screenshots

Quote:
Features

Prepare to Die… again: Dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & FX forward like never before.

A labyrinth of monsters & bosses: Immerse yourself into mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of From Software.

Sensory assault: A wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias – auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc.

Deeper and darker: More intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style.

Evolved multiplayer: Updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative & competitive play.

Go beyond death: Dark Souls II features fluid motion-capture animations, upgraded combat system, a vastly expanded suite of characters, deeper customization options, new weapons, armor abilities, and balanced player progression system
Old 2013-04-12, 13:50   Link #56
YukiNagato

Quote:
Hmmm, mixed feelings on that one. I have fond memories of touching the Tower of Latria archstone thinking, "Hmm wonder where this'll lead me," followed by me marvelling at the creepiness of the world before stepping off a ledge to my death. So a Nexus-like branched world setup might not be so bad.
I remember my first Demon Souls playthrough. I was so scared of the octopus things that impale you.. Good times.
YukiNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 16:57   Link #57
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiNagato View Post
I remember my first Demon Souls playthrough. I was so scared of the octopus things that impale you.. Good times.
Oh I absolutely REFUSED to melee those things and always used soul arrows.

And then I got meat cleaver, and happily chain knocked-down those things to oblivion.
Old 2013-04-12, 17:14   Link #58
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'll gladly die a million deaths to experience this quality.
Old 2013-05-29, 06:40   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Dark Souls II Could Have An American Eagle Shield Or A Bloody Handprint Shield

Quote:
Namco Bandai held a Dark Souls II art contest where six fan made shields will be added to the game. After sifting through the entries, these are the top 30 shields from each region.

North America

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Europe
Images

Asia
Images
Old 2013-05-29, 07:13   Link #60
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Holy crap, the NA one''s are amazing. I hope the bottom 3rd makes it