AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-22, 07:01   Link #61
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Felt like I was watching a sequel to Gintama with Kondo as the protagonist fighting whatever are these monsters. The dude is not only the victim of so many jokes but also pees himself from his nipples. The humor also reminded me of Gintama when they use censorship
Old 2024-04-23, 10:27   Link #62
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I will have to point out that even if you have superstrength, you can't lift a car like the blonde did, hack, even superman had it right in the cover of Action Comics #1 (1938).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-24, 16:20   Link #63
Tenzen12

That's not quite accurate. You could if you can keep your feets on the ground. Spiderman could do that for example.
Old 2024-04-25, 07:03   Link #64
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For some reason this anime reminds me of Gintama but if Kondo were the protagonist instead. We having some aliens kaijus to fight, we have a lot of comedy in the protagonist, there are "rests" from the kaiju's, the mc is kinda older than everybody, etc.

The production values are kinda amazing too.
Old 2024-04-25, 09:59   Link #65
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
I haven't seen/read this yet, but I appreciate the fact that the worldbuilding actually has a go at answering 'who cleans up the mess?' Out of curiosity, was anyone else reminded of Marvel's Damage Control? Or of that one arc from Rising of the Shield Hero which shows what can happen when a kai- er, dragon corpse isn't cleaned up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Kafka's anime design looks so bad, holy shit, what were they thinking.

-image redacted-
One positive point: Kafka is showing trigger discipline - his trigger finger appears to be 'resting' on the right-hand side of the weapon, above the trigger and out of view. This said, it is possible the artist plain forgot about it.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-27, 10:04   Link #66
Frontier

Kikoru makes quite the bad impression when she tosses your company car aside for your parking spot...though good thing Kafka is strong on his own terms and isn't about to get intimidated by some arrogant blonde. And they size each other up as rivals! Though Kikoru kind of won by stealing the parking spot. Curse those butlers !

"Sebasu?" That's just Japanese Sebastian !

Kafka really feeling his age when the physical test is much harder for him than it is for the other examinees, though it doesn't help that he has to restrain his power so no one notices (and so he can play fair with his fellow examinees) as well as a bunch of high-spec test-takers who transferred from Kaiju-killing colleges. Even Kikoru is a prodigy, which she's happy to flex (alongside her hair) .

Dang, Kafka seemed to genuinely respect her and got beat up by her bodyguards for good measure .

Hoshina is probably legit, he's got the closed eyes + affable personality + fangs triple-threat !

But hey, if one part of the test involves Kaiju disposal, then Kafka and Ichikawa have this in the bag! Only the disposal involves LIVE Kaiju, so...yeah .

At least they get to put on their Kaiju power suits which bring out their latent potential (provided they can bring it out of the suit themselves). Kikoru has exceptional numbers while Kafka...is at 0. I wonder if that has something to do with his Kaiju genes? Although at least he won over Hoshina with his taking a dump power maneuver .

Dang, Kikoru is a Kaiju killing machine! And a kill-stealer! And a show-off! And a wall-runner .

And of course Mina is watching...but Kafka is experienced enough to realize this isn't a competition about out-killing Kaiju but of working together and thinking tactically, and he has enough know-how about how to fight Kaiju from disposing of them to be a real asset :cool.

Then he gets seriously injured...and saved by Kikoru...and wonders whether it's time to give up...but with Mina there, he can't give up again, and he'll keep pushing forward to finally succeed THIS time! Even bringing out some of his suits potential !
Old 2024-04-27, 13:13   Link #67
Tenzen12

Oh Kafka getting shonen protagonist power up on very end. That's power of determination! Now he has to get it up another 5000 times and he will be able overcome his greatest rival... bratty teenage girl exactly half of his age
Old 2024-04-27, 13:27   Link #68
HandofFate

some people hear don't like the humor, but the 'i'm so old now being over thirty' old man humor works for me.

yea, you do start feeling weak after 30 T_T
Old 2024-04-27, 16:00   Link #69
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, the final test began where the protagonist saw the difference in talent (and also his age worked against him), but he continues to strive, waiting for the next chapter!.
I know it's not a romantic series but I'll still ask for those who are better informed; Is Mina a good waifu worthy of all the protagonist's dedication?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-27, 16:07   Link #70
grecefar

after a first bad impresion, kikoru had a good one in this chapter. She saw that kafka has potential and not only that, I'm sure her character is the genius without friends and this is the first time having fun with someone.

I did like him thinking outside the killing and focus on support, he pretty much has knowledge of most kaijuu because his job that makes him pretty valuable as well and not only because his power.

I wonder, he should be able to use his powers with the suit masking his form if he doesn't change his face but it doesn't seem he has that kind of control yet.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-27, 17:20   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Props to Kafka for picking up the van...though maybe not so much since that was a risky move. Thankfully Kikoru presumed he had his own private suit...and not that he was using kaiju strength for it! And while security was late...at least someone did respond to the loud noises of a vehicle getting thrown around. Didn't lead to anything, but I salute that...someone tried to do their jobs.

It was a better result this time for Kikoru. The messing around wasn't too bad this episode and she did bail Kafka out of that jam at the end of the episode. Would have been disqualified once the shield was kicked in. Can't help but mess with him even after that. I can lean into the idea that she's been a bit too much of a prodigy so normal interactions haven't been that common for her. At least she's paying attention and not simply ignoring Kafka entirely.

I like the idea of Kafka making good use of his experiences. It's the classic way of making it so all his effort did lead to something. Of course that kind of support could have him simply left in a command room and following that career path. So obviously he's going to need to up his combat skills to get through this.

The tricky and scary thing is that the suits are monitored pretty effectively. If he tries transforming underneath it could be detected and failing will be the least of his problems. But not sure how far he can get without doing that...
Old 2024-04-27, 18:54   Link #72
Chosen_Hero

Half way through the episode I realized what was bothering me about the MC, he is just an older version of Naruto with black hair, while still holding the same idiot and incompetent stick.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2024-04-27 at 19:07.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-27, 19:04   Link #73
Tenzen12

He was best in his previous job and he still managed pull his weight here against elites of elites without pulling any shonen nonsense (despite joke I made myself). Barely, but managed nonetheless. Kafka might goofball, but he is competent one.

Honestly Kafka and Naruto are for better or worse direct opposites of each other.
Old 2024-04-27, 19:18   Link #74
Frontier

Give up...on trying to get Kafka to give up!!!
Old 2024-04-27, 19:28   Link #75
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
some people hear don't like the humor, but the 'i'm so old now being over thirty' old man humor works for me.

36 and feel the same as ever. Fatigued 30-somethings are usually that way because of modern lifestyles where you go to school for 48 years and have an infinity number of work hours per week and have 300 daily errands to run. I feel the exact same in 2024 as in 2007 probably due to the slow-paced farmer hermit life.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2024-04-27 at 21:08.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 01:07   Link #76
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
He was best in his previous job and he still managed pull his weight here against elites of elites without pulling any shonen nonsense (despite joke I made myself). Barely, but managed nonetheless. Kafka might goofball, but he is competent one.

Honestly Kafka and Naruto are for better or worse direct opposites of each other.
He isn't competent (we just saw that he is literally below everyone else), competent implies that he was able to do and handle anything himself, he didn't, other actually competent candidates did, using his knowledge, he just knows stuff about monster physiology due to his job, it doesn't make him a competent kaiju killer (again, as we saw him get hit once and he is almost dying already), especially since we know he will have to rely on his convenient kaiju powers.

I disagree, Kafka and Naruto are exactly almost the same character in different settings, so far he is just Kaiju Naruto, all he needs to do is just say "dattebayo".
Old 2024-04-28, 02:12   Link #77
Tenzen12

Kafka is contributing member of society for years. He is diligent, knowledgeable popular among his peers and good in taking care of others. Naruto is associal irresponsible delinquent, loner and very sloppy person who doesn't even try study. That's not even close "exactly almost same" and trying say so is incredible shallow.

Also competence is about how you can do your tasks and what kind of work ethic you have not how you do compared to others and If you want compare after all, it would mean there was single competent person in whole test as noone else but Kikoru were able defeat Kaiju using their own power and that one that was defeated by someone else was only thanks to Kafka intervention.
Old 2024-04-28, 02:42   Link #78
Lex79

I hope in the next episode he finally makes use of his kaiju powers amd gets the spotlight in the exam, otherwise this series might not be really for me.
Old 2024-04-28, 08:34   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

The trick is to also have been a potato in your 20s and teens. Then you won't be shocked if you're a potato in your 30s and 40s.

I kinda wonder why the exam is so selective. There's always fewer people willing to risk their lives than you need. Forget now, Kafka should have been admitted years ago just on account of not having any flagrant mental or physical issue. (Or permanently disqualified on account of not being compatible with the super suit.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 09:26   Link #80
Lex79

There can be multiple reasons why they need to be selective. Having people not skilled enough participating in kaiju extermination missions risks increasing the chances of failure due to them making mistakes or simply not being able to do their job. The equipment might also be too expensive to be given to people who can't make good use of it.