Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-10, 22:14   Link #61
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Rebecca is going to win her Block, her determination is unwavering. And with this chapter my liking to her has pretty much cemented.

The question is, how is she going to defeat Cavendish. Obviously the difference in physical strenght is there, so...

Oh! But if I recall well there's a piromaniac in her Block, right?

Also, an interesting detail. Rebecca was persecuted because of her linage. Do you know what other person was persecuted for the same reason? Ace!
Rebecca will definitely win. We don't know how strong they are compared to each other. Luffy could have grabbed her sword like he did to Cavendish but Luffy was eating so he couldn't, he had no choice but to dodge. He couldnhave dodged Cavendish as well and land on him. Rebecca didn't resist when she could have. That's all there is to it. She may still be strong enough to defeat him. We'll see.

That also means if she becomes one of the SH's her bounty will be 300Mil or possibly 280-300
Imagine the power she would get by eating the Flame Flame Fruit.
Old 2013-09-11, 00:37   Link #62
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Wtf are you on about? It's obvious the Fishman Island story isn't concluded yet.

I agree that there are still loose ends that need tying up, yes. That still doesn't guarantee that Shira would join, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Not really a good analogy.
Jinbei for instance is confirmed for nakama and he isn't traveling with Luffy and co. yet, and it's beyond obvious that Shirahoshi and Luffy will be working together in the future, whether as temporary nakama like Vivi and Kinemon or as a more permanent member.

I agree that she'll most definitely be a future ally, but as I said above to paradox13, just because the story of Shira's island hasn't concluded yet doesn't automatically guarantee that she'll join. Plus, Jinbei's a special case for many reasons, anyway (he was an old friend of Ace's who promised to look after Luffy in his stead, for instance).

But going back to Rebecca and Shira, while their circumstances may be very different, at least the both of them actually DO have potentially legit reasons to leave their homelands: Shira has a power that could wipe out all life on the planet, while the people of Rebecca's country scorn her because of her connection to the (allegedly) tyrannical former rulers of the island.

But as I argued years back, Shira would be safer at her home, anyway (I mean, it's an island that's several feet deep underwater, after all), and Rebecca would stay behind not only for Thunder Soldier's sake, but to eventually take her place back on the throne after Dofla's regime is inevitably toppled by the Straw-Hats. I mean, even if the people still don't accept her after everyone's memories are returned, that still shouldn't be a reason for her to abandon her duties as a princess, ESPECIALLY after all the hardships she's faced.....
Old 2013-09-11, 00:38   Link #63
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 721
Not a bad chapter. Mr. Soldier turning out to be pretty respectable and cool character. Kinda neat if Mr. Solider got the Mera Mera No Mi. Has for Daflamingo he turned the country around and fixed it up. Something you don't expect from a villain. Is he keeping Rebecca alive to remind the people how bad the grandfather's rule was? His reason and why he did what he did should be interesting.

Another Vivi's story?
Rebecca's story different then Vivi's, she has no responsibility to the people and I doubt the people would want another lineage of the Grand Fathers ruling the country (If he really is the brute that the people claim him to be). I can see her leaving with the Straw Hats. But not after leaving something behind that will change the people of Dressrosa forever. I am curious to see why the mother is important.
Old 2013-09-11, 01:31   Link #64
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't think Blackbeard would be intimidated by the Straw/Heart alliance. After all, Law said that the Straw/Heart alliance would have a 33% chance of toppling Kaido. Seeing as how the emperors are comparable to one another, their success rate would probably be around the same against the BB pirates.
The low percentage is because it's suppose to be difficult to meet Kaido. I don't deny that Blackbeard must have a large fleet by now, but I don't think his network can be comparable to the other three emperors. He hasn't been around as long. BB may have conquered most of Whitebeard's territories, but I doubt he has the support of WB's old allies. He might not want to exert him himself with fighting the alliance only to have someone more powerful take advantage of it later. Of course, I'm largely hypothesizing about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i believe that was a flower petal; one of the one's Soldier-san always leaves for her
Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks.
Old 2013-09-11, 02:24   Link #65
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, something else I find interesting: During the flashback, Doflamingo says that the Riku (Rick?) royal family has been terrorizing Dressrosa's citizens for centuries.
Whoa, wait, what?

No such thing was said. Another bad translation??

He said for centuries the Riku family has been running the nation in poverty, and in the end it finally resorted into robbing its citizens.
Nothing about the family "terrorizing for centuries".
Old 2013-09-11, 04:32   Link #66
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I doubt that rebecca is going to join.

Oda seems to have certain characteristics that unite strawhats. They all have a dream. They also harbor a tragedy that relates directly too their dream. Their dreams can be accomplished through joining luffy's journey. Luffy is also usually does not care to know their back story.

Nami childhood dream to draw a map of the world. She was under duress forced to draw maps by a fishman who killed the women who raised.

Zoro harbors dream of becoming world greates swordsman, the same dream held by his rival who died before he ever had a chance to beat them.

Brooke - wants to reunite with Laboon. Moria stealing his shadow prevented him from completing this dream.

Franky - created a ship that can sail any sea. Tom his master sacrificed himself to prevent franky from being sentenced by a corrupt government because of a ship he (franky) had built.

Robin's - dream is to find the true history through uncovering poneglyphs. Her home was massacred and she was persecuted for her ability to read poneglyphs.

Sanji - has dreamed of finding all-blue since he was a child. He nearly starved to death in the aftermath of zeff's attack. Zeff saved him because he shared the smae dream

Chopper - wants to be able to cure any disease. A dream he inherited from Hiluluk a quack doctor, who chopper accidently poisoned due to ignorance.

Ussop - doesn't really have a big tragedy, wants to become a brave warrior of the sea like his father who left him and his mother behind.

Every character that was offered, or had a flashback didn't join fail to meet this criteria. Vivi didn't have a dream once her country was saved. Boa's didn't have a dream and flashback was actually told to luffy. I can see Jimbei joining in the future simply because protecting fishman island might eventually be best accomplished by him joining the straw hats.

So far rebecca's dream seems to be to aid toy soldier. My presumtpion that dream is fulfilled by the time the arc is resolved so I really just can't see her joining the crew.
Old 2013-09-11, 05:07   Link #67
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
Quote:
While this may be true, remember that Scotch told X Drake before the skip that the island he's guarding is one of Kaidou's favorite islands (which makes it part of his territory, in other words). So if Caribou takes out Scotch and his goons, he'll basically have liberated it from Kaidou's control...... for the time being. But just like with Luffy and Big Mom, I can't help but think that Kaidou wouldn't be very pleased upon learning that part of his turf was taken from him......
I was under the impression that Drake has already captured that island and driven out scotch. Thats why scotch showed up where caribou is. Although it is not mentioned that the island (where Caribou is) is not Kaisou's favourite island it is also not mentioned that it IS that island.

It was a natural conclusion when scotch showed up at Caribou's doorstep that it was because he had been defeated and driven out by Drake.
Old 2013-09-11, 14:19   Link #68
ri0

Quote:
No, you got things a little mixed up.....
I already figured, that you didn't mean it that way. I wanted to check on your previous post, but couldn't find it, so I asked, if I understood you correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960
Mr. Soldier turning out to be pretty respectable and cool character. Kinda neat if Mr. Solider got the Mera Mera No Mi.
Could match if you interpret H.C. Andersen's tale the way, that the Tin Soldier is in flames. I totally can see Luffy giving the fruit either to the legit heir of Dressrosa herself or the guy who wants to protect her. One way or another - a powerful ally would be born.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade
Once the action has ended in Dressrosa and everyone leaves, Blackbeard could easily arrive to takeover the country, kill her, and claim the fruit power; although, there's always the possibility he doesn't want to provoke the Straw/Heart alliance.
Didn't he already provoke Luffy when he said this stuff about Ace and the Mera Mera no Mi last chapter via Den Den Mushi

But you have a point. The BB Pirates are hunting strong DF Powers and with Burgess' presence it is indicated that they want the Mera Mera no Mi.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-09-11 at 14:50.
Old 2013-09-11, 22:28   Link #69
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Whoa, wait, what?

No such thing was said. Another bad translation??

He said for centuries the Riku family has been running the nation in poverty, and in the end it finally resorted into robbing its citizens.
Nothing about the family "terrorizing for centuries".

My bad, it wasn't so much a translation error as it was me misinterpreting Dofla's words, heh. But I DO think it's safe to say that monarchs who take wealth from their own citizens would still be considered to be tyrants, nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoThugs View Post
I was under the impression that Drake has already captured that island and driven out scotch. Thats why scotch showed up where caribou is. Although it is not mentioned that the island (where Caribou is) is not Kaisou's favourite island it is also not mentioned that it IS that island.

It was a natural conclusion when scotch showed up at Caribou's doorstep that it was because he had been defeated and driven out by Drake.

Well, here's the scene with Drake in question:

Spoiler:

^Notice that Scotch DOES mention that the island is one of Kaidou's favorite spots. And not only that, he made it clear that beating him would anger his master. Now, how he survived his encounter with Drake at that time is anyone's guess until Oda gives us the details, but I think it's safe to say that even at the current time he's still guarding the island under Kaidou's orders. So the way I see it, if Caribou beats Scotch and Kaidou finds out about it (most likely from an envoy he sends there), I very much doubt that the swamp man is going to get away with the crime scot(ch)-free.....
Old 2013-09-12, 01:19   Link #70
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
My bad, it wasn't so much a translation error as it was me misinterpreting Dofla's words, heh. But I DO think it's safe to say that monarchs who take wealth from their own citizens would still be considered to be tyrants, nonetheless.
No, the timing is extremely important.
If it was an ongoing feat for centuries, then the fault lies squarely in Riku Royalty.
But since it was a "king suddenly turning on its citizens right as the revolt happened", it's likely a Doflamingo scheme.

It makes all the difference in the world.
Old 2013-09-12, 01:46   Link #71
marvelB

^Don't get me wrong, I have zero doubt that Dofla was framing the king (you can even see that from my posts in the previous pages), but I guess you could say that I was playing Devil's Advocate as far as the Riku family's reputation goes. And again, I do admit I slightly misinterpreted Dofla's speech in the flashback, so my apologies for that.
Old 2013-09-12, 08:06   Link #72
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I'd rather Dofla didn't mess with people's memory. Just makes the manga more gray and interesting. Too much black and white stuff recently.
Old 2013-09-12, 09:30   Link #73
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
Quote:

^Notice that Scotch DOES mention that the island is one of Kaidou's favorite spots.
What I meant to ask, is it certain that the island where Drake encountered Scotch the same island where Scotch attacked Caribou and the old Lady. Can it not be that they are two different islands?
Old 2013-09-12, 11:34   Link #74
ri0

Quote:
What I meant to ask, is it certain that the island where Drake encountered Scotch the same island where Scotch attacked Caribou and the old Lady. Can it not be that they are two different islands?
It's the same. Just compare the landscape in the background.
Old 2013-09-12, 15:14   Link #75
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Eh, Rebecca has a more than enough dramatic background storyline to become a crewmember.
But my guess is that when Luffy hammers doflamingo to death, kingdom will have no other ruler candidate than her so I doubt she will become one. Vivi all over again.

Also somehow funny, even Buggy chose not to kill Ace with a perfect oppurtunity yet Caribou still keeps attacking Scotch for a reason that he couldnt care less. Either he is clueless as hell or this guy just loves getting his ass kicked by all kinds of Yonkou subordinates. Now, I dont really believe that he can drop Scotch with some simple Logia luck but if he does, getting hunted by Kaido will be a better cover story for him...

Hands down, out of all characters in series...Scotch has the most harsh and brutal life. Being a powerhouse worth protecting a Yonkou's favourite island, he will just sit there forever and ever with all his might and glory and no one will care or know...Only to deal with weekly pirate attacks trying to gain some fast fame.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2013-09-13 at 03:28.
Old 2013-09-12, 16:02   Link #76
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Eh, Rebecca has a more than enough dramatic background storyline to become a crewmember.
But my guess is that when Luffy hammers doflamingo to death, kingdom will have no other ruler candidate than her so I doubt she will become one. Vivi all over again.
Unless!!!!!! Soldier-san is actually her father, gets turned back into a human and becomes the new king...BAM! Rebecca for Fire Logia Nakama still on!
Old 2013-09-12, 17:11   Link #77
marvelB

Quote:

Like ri0 said, they're definitely the same island. Notice the metal trees and the striped mountains in the background in the first picture I posted. They're also present in Caribou's story:

Spoiler:

^Now are you seriously going to chalk that up to coincidence?

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-09-12 at 20:38.
Old 2013-09-13, 00:26   Link #78
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Another D.?
I don't know if any one else noticed. I looked at the picture of the mother and when the solidier carrying her she had a frown. When she is laid down she has a smile. At first I really didn't think about it. But right now we have factions (Tontatta Clan and Donquixo Doflamingo) who have been fighting each other for 900 years. Mr. Soldier said the mother is important. One would think the obvious reason is the royal family connection. But is it that easy and clear cut? Mr. Soldier is an alley with the Tontatta Clan. One can look at it has different groups with a common enemy, but Mr. Solider has not given his reason, who he is, or what he know about the family. His loyalty isn't blind loyalty. The 900 year feud, the mother (Scarlett), Daflamingo, is the reason why I think differently. The way the story is going Rebecca is part of a royal family. But what if the importance is not the family but the initials that got Rebecca, Scarlett, and the Royal family in trouble? There is now officially 3(Tontatta Clan, Daflamingo, and Luffy) people connected to the void century. That is more then just a coincidence.
Old 2013-09-13, 01:26   Link #79
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
^so what is your theory? How are they connected?
Old 2013-09-13, 09:59   Link #80
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I think Rebecca is a D..The void century happened 800 years ago. The feud has been happening for 900 years. If Daflamingo is truly a celestial dragon, then that makes him the decedent of the 20 kingdoms who fought against the Ancients during the void century. That would explains why the Tontatta Clan's feud with Donquixo family lasted 900. I wonder if the Tontatta Clan was an ally to the Ancients back then during war with the 20 Kingdoms? What do they know has of right now, what kind of legend has been passed down, or surviving relic do they possess? What role do they play in the Rikku family and its tragedy? Has for Scarlett the only connection I have is the last dying action all D. do when they die (they smile). Maybe Oda is giving us a hint, screwing with my mind, or I am just looking into this a little to much. I find it curious why Oda penned Scarlett that way and showed us her face. He did not have to show Scarlets body at all to tell us she didn't make it, but he did. Has for Luffy its his D. that connects him to the void century. If this story is going the way I think its going then Rebecca might be a D. and there might be some more back story behind the void century. I wonder if the Tontatta Clan know the location of a Poneglyh.
Closed Thread