AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 11:12   Link #61
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I was just thinking: What if Keishin faces Tomoka's old school? Would that be an interesting plot to go through? It would be like Tomoka facing her past with the help of her present friends.

Especially if the old school's team suddenly got better after Tomoka left.

Hell, with the new additions to the team, Mokkan has to resist the urge to go into Stop Having Fun Guy mode.
That would be fun once the team is legit to compete.

Tomoka needs to have some badass attitude sometimes as she is the best player on the team. The only problem with it is she is not made to be like that. She always acts cute or too innocent.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 20:36   Link #62
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
That would be fun once the team is legit to compete.
I agree, I think that would make a great story.

Quote:
Tomoka needs to have some badass attitude sometimes as she is the best player on the team. The only problem with it is she is not made to be like that. She always acts cute or too innocent.
When Tomoka plays she's suppose to switch to her attack mode where she's not acting cute nor innocent and in her attack mode she doesn't shy away from being challenged, the real problem is that she is too honest and can't play mind games.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 12:47   Link #63
Undertaker

Yeah, don't forget that the problem Tomoka had in her school was because she was too aggressive on court and was a drill general on the team when the team wanted to play a more happier, fun basketball. That was the reason her old teammates quit on her and isolated her socially.

It was opposite of usually sport ACG work in that this it was more of Tomoka's fault than her old team. Granted, her old team deserved some blame but the Tomoka back than was win-win-win, and refused to compromise. She only learned to play happy, fun basketball with her current friends.
Old 2011-11-08, 09:49   Link #64
stormtrooper

Sometimes, you have to be physical and be on game face when playing basketball whenever the situation calls for. Tomoka wants to be a winner so that's her motivation to do so good. I can't blame her if her old teammates quit on her. If she just wanted to have fun, she wouldn't even give her 100% effort every game. Tomoka is smart enough that every loss would motivate her to do better.
Old 2011-11-08, 11:29   Link #65
judasmartel
*Author

BTW guys, which trope suits Airi better atm, Mighty Glacier or Stone Wall? I've listed her as a Stone Wall in the RKB TVTropes page, but I'm still waiting for the LNs to confirm whether she stays a Stone Wall or progresses into a Mighty Glacier.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 20:12   Link #66
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
Sometimes, you have to be physical and be on game face when playing basketball whenever the situation calls for. Tomoka wants to be a winner so that's her motivation to do so good. I can't blame her if her old teammates quit on her. If she just wanted to have fun, she wouldn't even give her 100% effort every game. Tomoka is smart enough that every loss would motivate her to do better.
True, but the problem here is that the LN directly stated that in her old school, Tomoka was acting at obsessive level when it involve basketball, to where she was "forcing" her teammates to keep up her training sessions. And that was the reason she was ignored by her teammates not the on-court stuff nor her advance ability. It's one thing to be aggressive on the court and be ball hog, it another thing to try and force everyone else to go at your pace off the field.

Just think that current Tomoka already have a heavy practice load with the morning session and after-school session, and by her own admission it was even worse in her old school. When she is forcing her teammates to keep up with her, you can't really blame her teammates to rebel against her either. What's worse, unfortunately, what begins as a club rebellion turns into class bullying that forced Tomoka to transfer.

It was a situation that both party is of equal fault. For Tomoka, she learned to mallow down and compromise, it would be interesting who her old team is doing after she left.
Old 2011-11-10, 10:45   Link #67
judasmartel
*Author

Especially when Tomoka's old team got suddenly good enough to pose a threat against Keishin's team.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:33   Link #68
Undertaker

Did Tomoka's old team shows up in the LN? which volume is that? I'm only up-to-date with V6...
Old 2011-11-10, 19:17   Link #69
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Did Tomoka's old team shows up in the LN? which volume is that? I'm only up-to-date with V6...
No, we are just tossing around the idea because it seems like it would make a good story arc, especially if Tomoka's pervious team got better *after* Tomoka left would put a big blow on Tomoka's mentality.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 03:00   Link #70
Undertaker

I would assume her old team was fairly strong to begin with, but yeah, it would be interesting that it her old team shows up. Though I don't think it'll be as huge a mental blow. Tomoka would probably get depressed a bit but immediately got cheered up by her friends.

I'm more interest in how her old team will treat her. After all, even though I place the blame of the team ignoring and rejecting Tomoka to Tomoka herself, it didn't change the fact that Tomoka's old teammates let it escalated to the level of bullying and there have to be a lot of bad blood there.
Old 2011-11-11, 03:15   Link #71
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I would assume her old team was fairly strong to begin with, but yeah, it would be interesting that it her old team shows up. Though I don't think it'll be as huge a mental blow. Tomoka would probably get depressed a bit but immediately got cheered up by her friends.

I'm more interest in how her old team will treat her. After all, even though I place the blame of the team ignoring and rejecting Tomoka to Tomoka herself, it didn't change the fact that Tomoka's old teammates let it escalated to the level of bullying and there have to be a lot of bad blood there.
Reminds me of Lebron James' Decision, tho. Like, you know, when he left Cleveland for Miami, the fans were so angry at him. Then Tomoka...
Old 2011-11-13, 09:29   Link #72
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Reminds me of Lebron James' Decision, tho. Like, you know, when he left Cleveland for Miami, the fans were so angry at him. Then Tomoka...
Lebron ended up losing in the finals though. Cavs for Mavs lol. At least Tomoka probably didn't rub it in her old teammates' faces that she was leaving them. She probably told her coach and the school that she was leaving.

As for the match versus the old team, I won't be surprised if Tomoka would drop big numbers to beat her old team with the new team. The anime gives a lot of light on the teamwork of the girls so we didn't see Tomoka having a lot of highlights or something. I don't see her like 50% of the time scoring in the anime. At the end of the match, she will be offered to go back to her old school and she will refuse. Subaru will be mad but will be proud of Tomoka's performance.

I don't know but it has to be her shining moment like when Rukawa scored a lot vs Kainan because Tomoka is familiar with the players and probably the system of her old teammates' defense and offense. It's just that she has to take over.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:33   Link #73
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Tomoka's decision was more like Kazuhiko Aikawa from Dear Boys. It's a reverse if you ask me. Lebron jumped ship to a stronger team with Wade and Bosh because he wanted to win, Tomoka and Aikawa jumped ship to a lesser team because they wanted to enjoy the game.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 10:54   Link #74
judasmartel
*Author

I don't think Subaru would mind if Tomoka gets absurdly high scores if it's for the team's sake. I don't think her teammates would mind too for the same reason. She's the team's ace player, after all.

Tomoka is now playing a full-force Swingman (SG/SF) whenever Saki plays the dedicated Point Guard. Since Saki has a better mind-play ability than Mokkan, it makes sense that Tomoka should focus on offense instead of worrying about setting the gameplan as she used to do as a Point Forward. This folks, is practically your loli version of Kaede Rukawa.

And then there's the second unit to consider. They now have a legitimate Forward-Center in Kagetsu should Subaru decide to run a front-court game. Which is unlikely atm, as he tends to make the team perimeter-oriented. However, he could use a 1-3-1 formation to cope with smaller teams as themselves.

Not only that. You have the French loli to play the Swingman role if Subaru decides to play small against bigger teams. Then you have the twins who are basically the loli version of the Morris brothers and can potentially employ Confusion Fu on their opponents. You have Misami for crunch-time purposes with her deadly long-range shooting. She's basically the loli version of Hisashi Mitsui.
Old 2011-12-03, 23:55   Link #75
judasmartel
*Author

Any updates?
Old 2011-12-04, 02:54   Link #76
tsunade666

any chances a translator will pick this one to translate?
Old 2011-12-04, 03:57   Link #77
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Not me or Lare for sure. Maybe our perverted colleague Kira will do so.
Old 2011-12-04, 06:56   Link #78
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
I like this LN. But I can't read chinese and my japanese reading is limited. If anyone know how to learn japanese reading for expert (mainly kanji), please tell me!
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 10:16   Link #79
tsunade666

^ tried to go to baka-tsuki forum or facebook. People ask there and the staff help you to learn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Not me or Lare for sure. Maybe our perverted colleague Kira will do so.
kira is just pretty much everywhere from what I see but I haven't seen him here yet.
Old 2011-12-04, 11:27   Link #80
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
kira is just pretty much everywhere from what I see but I haven't seen him here yet.
He's more of the 'PR department' while I handle pretty much every aspect (except superadmin)...

The Japanese used in this story is relatively simple, almost to the point of Baka Test, so this would be a good training novel for new translators-to-be.

Tags
comedy, shounen