AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-06-15, 16:25   Link #2001
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yes, regarding the cards, it's pretty much a pyrrhic victory for Turkey.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 16:34   Link #2002
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Knowing the Turkish mentality I'm not sure they can stay peaceful after a loss.
I feel like interfering here...I think your mind goes to the English (or Swiss) fans while writing about Turkey.

Turkish fans outside don't do anything bad, and, right now, when the expectations are not high, and when the opponent is not from a country that uses every European(!) means to disgrace the opponent through disgracing the people of that opponent (if you are from Austria, I think you have a fair idea on that)-which is considered fair game according to the Europeans, and I can understand that-, I don't see that as a likely scenario.

Oh, and the newspapers have already started talking about going beyond Vienna. I cannot imagine the responses if they actually win there. I think that result would be the hardest on the Austrians and the Swiss (hopefully they can stay peaceful if that happens).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 16:50   Link #2003
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I'm speaking more of the people of Turkish origin who live in Vienna(2nd and 3rd generation). They aren't the typical Turkish fan who knows how to behave most of the time. And the Croatians being their opponent isn't really helping since they are generally hot-headed too. Let's put it this way: I wouldn't travel through the 2nd, 20th or 16th district of Vienna on Friday the Ottakringer street for example will be blocked by a car convoy.
Old 2008-06-16, 01:15   Link #2004
SapientiSat

Quote:
What a match.. the referee missed a penalty, you can't lift your leg much higher, can you? Now they have to face Croatia in Vienna, haha, this will end in a civil war on the streets, Vienna has a lot of Croatian/Turkish immigrants.. I don't think Turkey will stand a chance, they lost their goalkeeper and the rest of the team has yellow cards or is injured(that's what you get for playing unfair/brutal ). Knowing the Turkish mentality I'm not sure they can stay peaceful after a loss.
There was nothing unfair or brutal about the way they played the game. I think your choice of words, especially "unfair", is way off here. Czechs had comparable number of fouls. Playing with heart and determination is not playing brutal or unfair.
SapientiSat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 03:20   Link #2005
Isegrim

Quote:
Let's put it this way: I wouldn't travel through the 2nd, 20th or 16th district of Vienna on Friday the Ottakringer street for example will be blocked by a car convoy.
Same for Munich. It has been a peaceful Sunday, until the 3:2. After the 1/4-Final GER - ARG in 2006, the German celebration was like a children's birthday party compared to yesterday .
The Turks outside the gates of Vienna... Prinz Eugen, where are you?
Old 2008-06-16, 06:59   Link #2006
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Robben (Ex-Chelsea), Van Persie (Arsenal), Van Nistelrooy (Ex-Man Utd) and Kuyt (Liverpool). Had Ryan Babel not been so unlucky and injure himself just before the tournament, it could have been five.
Forget the EPL.. GO REAL MADRID! Nistelroy/Robben/Sneijdar

Loving Holland so far, it would be awesome if Holland "lost" to Romania, that way they would screw Italy and France and make them suffer.

Holland vs Portugal in the finals for another epic rematch over the devastating World Cup 2006 Quarter final match.
Old 2008-06-16, 08:17   Link #2007
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Only if Arsenal playing in that league
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 08:33   Link #2008
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

Question regarding Group B:

What will happen if Poland and Austria win their game today? As I see it, both countries will have four points, giving both a place in the quarter finals. Is this possible? Will something have to happen in order to place one of those teams in the quarter finals along with Croatia? Maybe it's just me....so can someone explain this to me?

Also, the Turkey v Czech Republic game was...., but Peter Cech will have some explaining to do....
desi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 10:55   Link #2009
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Now why did I sleep through that game? I must be getting old when I'm prioritizing sleep over everything else.

Absolute howler by Cech, this could probably haunt him for as long as that trip penalty miss would on his Chelsea teammate John Terry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi09 View Post
What will happen if Poland and Austria win their game today? As I see it, both countries will have four points, giving both a place in the quarter finals. Is this possible? Will something have to happen in order to place one of those teams in the quarter finals along with Croatia? Maybe it's just me....so can someone explain this to me?
If both Poland and Austria win and have 4 points, there are the following scenarios:

1. Both Poland and Austria beat their opponents by equal margins, e.g. 1-0 and 2-1 etc, then Austria would go through on better goal difference.

2. Poland scores more goals in their win than Austria's, eg Poland will need to win 2-0 if Austria wins 1-0.

Though if Germany finally get their socks up and win, all will be for nought for these two teams. Hopefully that pathetic defeat to Croatia will be a good kick up the backside for the Germans to get their act together.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 11:57   Link #2010
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun View Post
Forget the EPL.. GO REAL MADRID! Nistelroy/Robben/Sneijdar

Loving Holland so far, it would be awesome if Holland "lost" to Romania, that way they would screw Italy and France and make them suffer.
Why would you enjoy that? Sportsmanship, yes? :|
I'll never understand why there is so much "racism" towards Italy (or France) when it comes to football. :[
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 12:53   Link #2011
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I'll never understand why there is so much "racism" towards Italy (or France) when it comes to football. :[
They win too much.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 13:05   Link #2012
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
They win too much.
Lol, what!? It's been since '82 before we would win an other competition (WC2006), how is that too much? Okay, I understand that there's still teams that have to win more and deserve to win more considering their quality (Spain, Holland, and even Portugal), but still sometimes I am puzzled when I see people "rejoicing" for our misfortunes. :\
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 13:07   Link #2013
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Germany vs Austria is going to very interesting. Though I think germans have a greater chance of winning.
Old 2008-06-16, 13:38   Link #2014
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Lol, what!? It's been since '82 before we would win an other competition (WC2006), how is that too much? Okay, I understand that there's still teams that have to win more and deserve to win more considering their quality (Spain, Holland, and even Portugal), but still sometimes I am puzzled when I see people "rejoicing" for our misfortunes. :\
idk about France but the problem with the Italians is their "pussy behavior"

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=cBj6hSmDS6w

the title says "Italian diving training" the description says "that's how the Italians won the WC, you pigs"

although I don't like the hate I still understand why people dislike the "dramaqueen-style"
Old 2008-06-16, 14:12   Link #2015
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post

If both Poland and Austria win and have 4 points, there are the following scenarios:

1. Both Poland and Austria beat their opponents by equal margins, e.g. 1-0 and 2-1 etc, then Austria would go through on better goal difference.

2. Poland scores more goals in their win than Austria's, eg Poland will need to win 2-0 if Austria wins 1-0.

Though if Germany finally get their socks up and win, all will be for nought for these two teams. Hopefully that pathetic defeat to Croatia will be a good kick up the backside for the Germans to get their act together.
Ah...thank you! Btw, nothing is going on in the Austria v Germany game...Podolski's trying hard ... I would like a win from Germany since I assume they will play Portugal, which I despise....
desi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 14:34   Link #2016
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

lol both German and Austrian coaches got sent off
Old 2008-06-16, 14:51   Link #2017
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Aut 0 : 1 Ger

mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 15:40   Link #2018
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

And I was hoping Vastić would get to play Shame for Austria but Deutschland gehts weiter.
Old 2008-06-16, 16:10   Link #2019
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
And I was hoping Vastić would get to play Shame for Austria but Deutschland gehts weiter.
Yay, not a bad game at all but it could have been better.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 08:22   Link #2020
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.a...enutoId=739837

I heard something funny concerning tonight's crunch Group C match between France and Italy. Though it's already been refuted by UEFA.

Let's have a look at the Group C table between France and Italy:

France W0 D1 L1 GS1 GA4 Pts2
Italy W0 D1 L1 GS1 GA4 Pts2

So if both teams draw, their points and goal difference will be identical. You follow me here?

OK, here comes the funny bit:

We all know should Van Basten decides to rest his side and let Romania win, then both World Cup finalists will be out no matter the result between them.

And if both end up drawing in such a scenario after 90 minutes they will go to penalties to decide who gets 3rd place.

LOL! What?

I can understand Group A's PK scenario between the Czech Republic and Turkey, but who wants to participate in a PK when both are out?
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer