AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-31, 19:41   Link #1
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Live Action FMP

No, I haven't heard of a live action variation (although, that would be soo coool), but I thought it would be fun to ponder, argue, and fantasize about who would or could or should play who, in case a movie was ever made...
Old 2007-02-01, 17:20   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

A live action would be good for FMP Anime , as it would genrate more intrest in the public and well that means more GN . But the economics go against it I have seen lot of live actions well the set designs is pathetic also the actors are so-so . That kinda ruins the show , also as it involves Mechas unless real good CG is used the expenses on set designs would be to much .
Old 2007-02-01, 17:48   Link #3
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
As long as Michael Bay doesn't direct it, I think it would be okay. The Transformers from the Transformers live action movie look terrible from what I've seen of the adverts.
Old 2007-02-01, 19:42   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

FMP if made will be by a Japanese director I really dont think they need any experience into making manga into liveaction . So fear not there will be no outsourcing hence no M.Bay
Old 2007-02-04, 17:38   Link #5
tsubaki-kun
moefan

Live Action? For what?
Simple Cosplay is more better because it doesn't direct to commercial profit. It's more natural too ^^
Old 2007-02-07, 19:37   Link #6
dpryciak

Aww, I was just starting up something for kicks and giggles...nothing serious (most of this place is rather intense). I just thought to stretch our mental pictures and abuse common and uncommon people in the process <GG>

Never mind....
Old 2007-02-08, 09:19   Link #7
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon View Post
As long as Michael Bay doesn't direct it, I think it would be okay. The Transformers from the Transformers live action movie look terrible from what I've seen of the adverts.
I kinda liked everything I've seen so far. What turned you off? All the bots look pretty sweet, imho.
Old 2007-02-08, 12:13   Link #8
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
I kinda liked everything I've seen so far. What turned you off? All the bots look pretty sweet, imho.
The thing is they don't look anything like the originals and Optimus Prime is way too small.
Old 2007-02-08, 13:42   Link #9
T.V.

Quote:
The thing is they don't look anything like the originals and Optimus Prime is way too small.
Well, that is kind of the point of the live-action movie.

The original animation design were deemed unfit for a live-action enviroment, so the decided against a close interpretation of them, but went with a new direction that nonetheless pays hommage to the originals in some aspects.

As for Prime being too small, he transforms into a 28 ft. long truck (bigger than his original version) and Starscream transforms into a 62 ft. long aircraft...
They had to work around that somehow, without cheating much with the transformations.

FMP does have promise for a live-action adaptation, like so many other mangas/animes/books and comics/cartoons.
However, it's not well established enough to be getting one, I think.

Gundam (G-Saviour nothwithstanding), Macross, Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebob are more likely to be adapted first.
Old 2007-02-08, 15:26   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.V. View Post
Gundam (G-Saviour nothwithstanding), Macross, Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebob are more likely to be adapted first.
Yeah those extremly popular animes are most likely to get adapted first as Gundam and Macross are classics they will appeal to all genrations young and old in Japan . Also it depends on how EVA live action turns out its already in production ( last checked dec 05 )
Old 2007-06-29, 17:58   Link #11
Choos

I am really looking forward to a new series/ova whatever they choose to do but would definately check out a live action series.

BTW Michael Bays Transformers was brilliant!
Old 2007-06-30, 15:24   Link #12
dpryciak

Quote:
And Bumblebee isn't a bug...
Old 2007-07-02, 11:09   Link #13
da-xia

would be kinda hard to do a good mecha for live action imo.. not impossible but might be tough to make it actually good.
Old 2007-07-02, 11:22   Link #14
nanafan
horo fan

that would be wierd...i don't the kind of shows like fmp would work as a live action.
Old 2007-07-02, 14:52   Link #15
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Fumoffu and any of the light novels would work. TSR and FMP! would more likely fail.

Think about what Live action movies turned out ok. You're under arrest! Live action movies, Casshern (very cool), Initial D (ok not the best but it was watchable).

Stuff that wasn't to reliant on mecha action. A lot of the key scenes in FMP! and TSR are mecha action based. And we all know how g-saviour turned out. Vomit that got vomited on.
Old 2007-07-02, 17:16   Link #16
dpryciak

Hey, they're making all sorts of comic books into movies nowadays, and I think FMP would actually make a great movie, if they do it right. I'm certain Americans in Hollywood would love a piece of the action...It has a bit of the Transformers, a bit of the popular action flicks, a bit of romance....(dang, I cannot think of other movies at this point...baby brain drain) I don't think most people would get the fan-smacking thing....and they'd want a SOLID ending between the main characters. Well, maybe not, as the first Spiderman didn't have the two together at the end....

Still, it is fun to think of MAYBEs and get some fun out of this. I wonder who among the popular movie stars today that they'd try to throw into what roles....

<<--- brain is missing...mother of newborn of two weeks of age....Share a cup of sleep anybody????
Old 2007-07-03, 05:26   Link #17
Critical
Thurisaz-1

I wonder what kind of actors they would hire. Kaname, Sousuke and Tessa are all 17 and alot of action goes around the school environement.
The mecha in FMP are also pretty big. (the same problem as with Transformers)
Old 2007-07-05, 00:50   Link #18
masterwok

well i just watched transformers and they did i good job with the robots. i think they can make fmp a real movie but the hard part is finding the right people to fill in the characters' voice, personality, and appearance.
Old 2007-07-07, 08:17   Link #19
TomGaines

I am trying now to be the first to follow the intention of the thread

A while ago, a friend and I asked ourselves the same question and this is what we came up with:

= Sousuke Sagara: James Franco =

= Kaname Chidori : Jessica Biel =

= Tessa Testarossa: Anna Faris =

= Melissa Mao: Rosario Dawson =

= Gauron: Bill Moseley =

= Kyouko Tokiwa: Jill Ritchie =

= Kurz Weber: Chad Michael Murray =

= Mardukas: James Wood =

= Shinji Kazama: Tom Lenk =

= Mizuki Inaba: Elisha Cuthbert =

= Kalinin: John Malkovich =
Old 2007-07-07, 13:06   Link #20
masterwok

well some of the actors and actress look a little old to be playing teenagers but some of the characters look fine to play the role like kalinin, gauron and mardukas. they look similar to the anime characters lol.
Closed Thread