Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-08, 00:22   Link #1
kyosuke
My bike got stolen

Narutaru

I've watched like the first four episode of this series and I've read reviews from sites. Like 80% of the people said the last 3 episodes was the most disturbing thing. I've gotten worried about this and unsure. If someone have seen this anime, please tell me more about it (such as how and why is it disturbing). - Thanks, Kyosuke
Old 2004-02-08, 00:50   Link #2
TronDD
Team the box!

Different people will think different things are disturbing. I found the first episode pretty disturbing. It was creepy.

Later on, it gets very violent. It's not as graphic as it could have been but some pretty gruesome stuff happens.

What disturbed me in this anime is not the violence so much (although the treatment of poor Hiro-chan is something aweful) as the messed up young teenagers who have the ability to get away with what they want. The series shows that theme in a few different situations. The girl from Panda academy and her friends, the guy near the beginning with the knife dragonet, Hiro, etc. Think of some of the things you may have heard out of people's mouths (hatered, closed mindedness, etc). Look at the horrors in human history (wars, murders, and such). Think back to when you were young (if your not anymore) and the lack of moral understanding you or others may have had (bullying, fighting, cruelty). Combine all those things and you get the characters from the show. Now put the ability to kill at will into their hands. That is what is disturbing about Narutaru.
Old 2004-02-08, 02:30   Link #3
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosuke
I've watched like the first four episode of this series and I've read reviews from sites. Like 80% of the people said the last 3 episodes was the most disturbing thing. I've gotten worried about this and unsure. If someone have seen this anime, please tell me more about it (such as how and why is it disturbing). - Thanks, Kyosuke
The last 3 episodes are not for the faint of heart, but even though it's a little disturbing, there is no graphical violence. (Just some shadow/light thing, nothing visual).

I can't force anyone to look at things, but NT is definitely something you must watch, IMHO. :D
Old 2004-02-08, 03:04   Link #4
Spooky-Electric

I just don't understand the appeal of this series. Can someone explain to me why they like it?
Old 2004-02-08, 03:19   Link #5
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
I just don't understand the appeal of this series. Can someone explain to me why they like it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Narutaru was so disturbing because it first portrayed itself as a cute pokemonish anime. If that contrast wasn't there the anime wouldn't be nearly as disturbing. Also the realization that people who think like the characters in Narutaru do exist adds to the series' disturbing nature. Narutaru is a commentary on the darker elements of modern society. It hides that behind it's cute style and dragonets, but the message remains.
I guess this roughly explains why I like it.
Old 2004-02-08, 04:22   Link #6
Umbrae
Generic Human

Quote:
I like it because it does actualy remind me of my childhood wich was a horibly dark and destrubed time in my life. I can easly identify with the characters going through difficult situations in thier life at a young age and the way in which they choose to deal with the situation at hand. some try to pretend it does not exist, some try to fight aginst it with all of thier limited ability.

IMO the characters are yound and find them selves in a difficult situation (I have only watched about half of the series so don't take my word as 100% accurate) and handle it like real kids would. I like the realism factor and that they are not living purly in a fatasy world where every thing is great exept for bob that wants every thing dead, but don't worry about bob because even if we do nothing but sit on this beach and smoke $#@^, bob will fail because this is a world where only bad things happen to bad people . . . and occasionaly the lead character breaks a nail or somthing.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:44   Link #7
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
For one, it trounces on the false idea that children are, by nature, innocent. Anyone, like myself, who was bullied as a youth may find the characters believable and realistic, and the situations honestly frightening.

This series is fresh is so many ways. The characters are not cliche or stereotypical. The world is very realistic, with just a touch of the fantastic. As Umbrae said above, Narutaru destroys the fairytale notion that only good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people. There is no such relationship in real life. Narutaru is not some "safe" fairytale, or escapist fantasy. Maybe it's because that angle has been done to death that Narutaru is so appealing. The show is a philisophical and situational look at unsanitized humaity, and I love it.

It will not be everyone's cup of tea, which is too bad IMO.
Old 2004-02-09, 15:04   Link #8
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Now i heard that MANY people really thought that that anime was really disturbing and should be banned or something like that. But for me, i really liked it. The reason for that being is that i could totally realte it to real life. The anime really touched me and showed me how i take life so granted. But really out there in the world, there are many people who are having a lot harder time then i am having.\

Now i do have to say that i have a friend that is going through what some of the anime charicters are going throw, and i really dont want her to see this anime. The ending at the end was not very apprpiate, and i dont want her to see what they did. So i think they should do something about that, like make it for mature adiaunces or something. Because people out there might take this anime the wrong way, and chose the wrong thing to do. DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING....

Anyways, the anime really touched me, and was REALLY DEEP.... they should be careful about this kind of thing..
Closed Thread