AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-27, 09:31   Link #41
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
About Yui's devil appearance. I think those tail and chains are the equipment that she wear to show she is the GirlDeMo(n)'s fan.

I don't think they are related to the plot.
I'm in the camp that she's the opposite of Tenshi. One help you pass on while the other drag you down. Poker face vs nyan~.
Old 2010-05-01, 00:39   Link #42
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

EP5 - Somehow I believe the SSS and Tenshi / Kanade will form an uncomfortable alliance of sorts against the new president.

Looking in D&D terms, I think Kanade is a Lawful Neutral kind of character who dislikes chaos and had been fighting to prevent Yurippe's hairbrained schemes getting out of hand, while giving her and her band of misfits a little leeway to come to terms with their mortal pasts
Old 2010-05-01, 04:43   Link #43
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I reckon Maeda's final word to us about Life is that sometimes you just have to accept things. I think what'll happen is that they try to revert to the previous status quo, and learn that sometimes change isn't always great, and that sometimes accepting what has happened is better than continually wondering "what if."

Oh thank god this is in the speculation thread. XD
Old 2010-05-01, 06:28   Link #44
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Why do I get the feeling that Kanade "kept them in the game" that is letting the SSS do what they want within some limits, while the now Student Body President in Ep 5 will just be rid of them without any sort of leeway?
Old 2010-05-01, 07:34   Link #45
Kristen
*Author

Possibly. I think that Kanade was more into being a passive-aggressive student council president, and this new guy is more into taking action.
Old 2010-05-01, 07:51   Link #46
Hypernova

An Interesting theory on 4chan

TK=Tachibana Kazunobu
Tenshi=Tachibana Kanade

Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-05-01, 07:52   Link #47
Farix

So Tachibana is human. And I think I know what issue she has to resolve before she "disappears".

And despite the apparent cruelty of Yuri's plan, in the long run, it may be the best thing that happens to Tachibana. For one, Otonashi is now aware of Tachibana's deep loneliness. Also, if she remained the student council president, it would be more difficult for her to make friends with anyone. In fact, she apparently has been there for a very long time and still has not made any friends that we know of. Perhaps becoming friends with someone, such as with Otonashi or even Yuri, may be the catalyst that allows her to move on.
Old 2010-05-01, 08:57   Link #48
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
An Interesting theory on 4chan

TK=Tachibana Kazunobu
Tenshi=Tachibana Kanade

Spoiler for size:
Hold The Phone!? Brother and Sister!? If thats true why didn't T.K. say anything?

@Farix Yea if it wasn't for Yuri she never would've been set on the path to make friends! I like that!
Old 2010-05-01, 11:22   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Hold The Phone!? Brother and Sister!? If thats true why didn't T.K. say anything?
Maybe he did but no one understood him/took him seriously

I don't believe for a second they're related but that's an interesting observation.
Old 2010-05-01, 14:32   Link #50
Crontica

Something tells me the goofballs are going to the grinder long before we find anything about TK.
Old 2010-05-01, 14:42   Link #51
Traece
:cool:

I doubt there's any connection between TK and TK. Not unless Kanade's family adopted a random American boy lost in Japan. There's just too big of a difference between them for me to guess that as being a possibility. Besides, Kanade's name isn't even on that list, and it was admitted that nobody actually knows T.K.'s real name.

Interesting connection though. It definitely would have been a strange possibility.
Old 2010-05-01, 14:49   Link #52
Joachim
et tu, brute?

i am not buying TK and tenshi are brother and sister
Old 2010-05-01, 16:35   Link #53
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, what i'd like to see is that if Yuri remains in her hate cycle, she'll remain there alone while everyone else moves on. i'm actually really surprised that they haven't done more "people forgiving themselves and disappearing" plot lines yet.

it may be a bit tragic, but i see Yuri as the reason why people can't move on. yeah, she wants to stay and fight god, but they realized that he doesn't exist in that world. so there's nothing left for them to fight against. the only thing keeping them there is Yuri's vision, which she hasn't shared with the rest of the people. i wouldn't say she's the "bad guy," but her motives definitely aren't motivated by her desire to help the people in her club.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:05   Link #54
En3mick

Food or thought.!
If the angel is actually human - most likely - how is it possible that she hasn't dissapeared yet? Isn't it supposed that someone can dissapear if he acts like the NPC's?
I ask this cause it doesn't make any sense, Yuripe even told them to not answer the test seriously cause they will dissapear... so..? We haven't seen any scene that involves dissapearance in that way though...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-05-01, 18:26   Link #55
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by En3mick View Post
Food or thought.!
If the angel is actually human - most likely - how is it possible that she hasn't dissapeared yet? Isn't it supposed that someone can dissapear if he acts like the NPC's?
I ask this cause it doesn't make any sense, Yuripe even told them to not answer the test seriously cause they will dissapear... so..? We haven't seen any scene that involves dissapearance in that way though...
They don't know any reason why anybody would disappear other than the fact that they fulfilled their afterlife goals and moved on. More than likely, that's probably one of the only reasons someone disappears. Either that, or they're so hopelessly unable to move on that they disappear that way, but that's pure speculation as to an alternative.

Kanade's lack of disappearance would likely fit in to that as well. She hasn't accomplished what she needs to, so she hasn't moved on.
Old 2010-05-01, 21:23   Link #56
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so, thinking about this more through the day:

i'm going to maintain that Yuri is actually the bad guy and Kanade is actually the good guy until the series tells me otherwise. Tenshi was probably the first player character in the world as they know it. from there, she helped people move on from their past burdens. Then comes Yuri. because Tenshi did such a job at helping people move on, there were no other player characters when she arrived. however, instead of accepting Tenshi's help, Yuri couldn't deal with the circumstances of her death and decided to rebel against a fictional character instead. and now that there was a person who dissented from Tenshi's help, her ability to help people move on was severely blunted. being the charismatic person she is, Yuri began to recruit people to her cause and villainized Tenshi.

this actually makes sense when you look at their personalities and actions:
1. Yuri figured out in ep 3 that Tenshi was essentially another student like her. she had to develop her own weapons instead of being granted them by god.
2. Yuri, being the first to actually rebel, is capable of laying down the rules, whether they're true or not. i severely doubt her "you cannot get here by suicide" statement, because in all likelihood, that's how she got here.
3. Otonashi is beginning to (has always?) doubt what they're doing. It started with the "Tenshi is dangerous" statement Yuri told him in the opening seconds of the series. Tenshi, so acclimated to "idiots" who have been trained by Yuri, reacts logically and stabs him, because she thinks he poses a threat to her. However, after breaking into her room, seeing Iwasawa disappear, realizing himself what it takes to leave this place and in the most recent ep, seeing that she's actually a person, i believe this will be a big turning point in the story with how he deals with club members and Tenshi.

plus as it stands, Yuri is the queen of her little world. one of the members even said she looked like a villain.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-01, 21:58   Link #57
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
They don't know any reason why anybody would disappear other than the fact that they fulfilled their afterlife goals and moved on. More than likely, that's probably one of the only reasons someone disappears. Either that, or they're so hopelessly unable to move on that they disappear that way, but that's pure speculation as to an alternative.

Kanade's lack of disappearance would likely fit in to that as well. She hasn't accomplished what she needs to, so she hasn't moved on.
My take is that Yuri's theory of just going to class and disappear is wrong. We thought what she meant was that you lose your sense of self as you conform. But what if it's just another way of releasing your regrets and anger as you settle into a routine? Essentially it works the same way as Hinata and Iwasawa except taking a "time heals all" approach instead of waiting for them to have a epiphany.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:13   Link #58
CLL

Okay so after watching through the episodes and reading up on how the real people are in some sort purgatory...I have come up with my own theory of where Angel comes form.
So:

Angel is a Protoss Starcraft player.
The people in Purgatory get their weapons by remembering them from the past life right?
Well then maybe Angel is indeed a Starcraft player. Her dual blades that pop out from her arms. This is very similar to a Zealot.

As for her shield; Zealots have shields. Angel's resemblance to the Zealot is fascinating.

Pictured in this spoiler is Angel with her Sonic weapon
Spoiler for Images:

Pictured in this spoiler is a Protoss Zealot (Please note that they both also have long hair)
Spoiler for Image:

This may be one of the biggest "out there" theories, but once you think about it...Starcraft II is pretty close to release date so maybe...
Old 2010-05-01, 23:16   Link #59
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i am going to enjoy the Tenshi hack for SC2 that is going to replace all Zealots with Tenshi.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:41   Link #60
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

If so, then Hinata is so human marine. Yuri is a Ghost, and Matsushita is Thor. XD
Closed Thread