AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 11:52   Link #781
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy12 View Post
I'm I the only one who thinks that Hiromi didn't do anything wrong -it seems that people are blind to this show and don't seem to focus on Hiromi.. but Ai made 10 times worst mistakes than Hiromi and she was more messed up than her because of her self-loathing (even the writer said that ).At least Hiromi's actions were understandabe given her situation ..messy for sure but she didn't go as far as Ai did ..did she ? though I liked all characters and Ai was my fav ..
Actually, in fairness to the review, his main problem with Hiromi probably was that she didn't do anything wrong. That's probably why he found her "boring"; in his mind she was something of a little-miss-perfect that wasn't worth the interest. But on the other hand, I agree with you that her situation made her interesting, and she wasn't as boring or straightforward as she might seem (in fact, a large part of what made her interesting was the way that she sort of indirectly shielded her feelings, similar to Shinichirou's mother). But I guess it's all about preference and taste. In the end the review comes down to "I wasn't able to relate to the main characters, so I wasn't able to enjoy the story", which I guess is logical. The problem is that, like most reviews, he makes it sounds like the characters are "unrelate-able", which just isn't the case.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:40   Link #782
foxy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually, in fairness to the review, his main problem with Hiromi probably was that she didn't do anything wrong. That's probably why he found her "boring"; in his mind she was something of a little-miss-perfect that wasn't worth the interest. But on the other hand, I agree with you that her situation made her interesting, and she wasn't as boring or straightforward as she might seem (in fact, a large part of what made her interesting was the way that she sort of indirectly shielded her feelings, similar to Shinichirou's mother). But I guess it's all about preference and taste. In the end the review comes down to "I wasn't able to relate to the main characters, so I wasn't able to enjoy the story", which I guess is logical. The problem is that, like most reviews, he makes it sounds like the characters are "unrelate-able", which just isn't the case.

Yeah, I agree ..He's lines such as -

+ A pair of highly likeable characters whose romantic travails invoke real heartbreak. ..He's referring to Noe and Nobuse ..but wasn't everyone else heartbroken ?

"That honor goes to Shinichiro and Hiromi, neither of whom can sustain an emotional charge the way the nobly self-sacrificing Nobuse or perceptive yet innocent Noe can. Shinichiro is both personality-challenged and irritating (as only a bland, petulant and self-interested brat can be), and Hiromi is the rare female lead who can out-bore her male counterpart. Worse yet, they never click as a potential couple' ..lol ,and why don't they click ? it's been from ep 1 to ep 13 a bout Shin finding a way to approach Hiromi and regain her happiness while helping Noe find her tears .It's only right that he chose Hiromi even though it would be nice if he chose Noe ,but it would be very tragic for Hiromi,at the end Noe got her tears and became an emotional complete person and I'm sure she'd pick her tears over Shin if she was given the choice herself .. ..

All you need to remember is that true tears doesn't work as a romance. No romance can survive a cast with the chemistry of inert gasses, and definitely not one led by a dud like Shinichiro.." and what's wrong with Shinichiro,he's a better lead than many -he didn't seem irritating at all ,a confused ,teenage boy caught in some Pressured circumstances, saying that Nobuse is better than him doesn't seem fair really -he's situation was harder than Nobuse's situation ,I don't see why he says that Nobuse is a better character than him ,both are good in their own ways but Shin's situation was harder even though Nobuse had it bad but still ..

"when their disparate love lives begin to disintegrate' wasn't everyone desperate in this show ,it wasn't just Nobuse and Noe .In fact Noe and Nobuse had the most pure/honest love of all in this show,...Ai ,Jun,Shin and Hiromi were emotionally self-destructive characters ..Jun and Ai had the most darkest feelings..Shin and Hiromi were victims of their parents lies..

It's like he totally messed the point of this anime but this is his opinion after all and we can't change it ..

To be honest with you ,Hiromi was more of a main girl than even Noe to me and I've seen comments everywhere a bout Hiromi being dull or boring and that's why they prefer Noe over her even though Hiromi has more realism than Noe .I have seen many posts a bout people trying to make Hiromi seem like villain. Maybe because Hiromi was very difficult to read at times and her inner conflicts were just huge but she was definitely sympathetic. But I also liked and felt sorry for Noe ..Everyone in this show is likable..

Sorry if it's long though ^ ^

Last edited by foxy12; 2009-10-17 at 17:48.
foxy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 16:54   Link #783
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Lol...if it comes to 'True Tears' you are unstopable.
Well, I know they should've added some more scenes for Hiromi. I mean I understand why he's saying in the review they hardly clicked toghether...not as if it were true, but because half of Hiromi's developments from the flashbacks. And I agree that the writer of the review actually can't relate with the other characters.
Hell, seeing Shinchiro as an idiot is extremely harsh...he's oblivious at romance and women, but certainly sensitive and caring person. And he's reserved and modest too. Almost as good as Kaoru from Ai Yori Aoshi as a lead protagonist.

And True Tears was a good show even if it had few obvious or cliche-like drama.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 12:30   Link #784
ZODDGUTS

3 min of new footage plus an epilogue in the Blu Ray released:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ogue-confirmed
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 13:51   Link #785
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
In the end the review comes down to "I wasn't able to relate to the main characters, so I wasn't able to enjoy the story", which I guess is logical. The problem is that, like most reviews, he makes it sounds like the characters are "unrelate-able", which just isn't the case.
This is something I notice more frequently these days as I get older and wiser.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 16:08   Link #786
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
3 min of new footage plus an epilogue in the Blu Ray released:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ogue-confirmed
If they pull a switcheroo and have Shin paired off with Noe, I'll be very pissed. This is probably the only romance anime ever where I rooted for the winning girl.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 19:39   Link #787
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If they pull a switcheroo and have Shin paired off with Noe, I'll be very pissed. This is probably the only romance anime ever where I rooted for the winning girl.
It's a three minute epilogue after the 13th episode, so I don't think there's any chance for Shin to change his mind or for an alternate ending scenario. Even as a devoted Noe fan, I wouldn't want to see the ending changed as I feel it would completely undermine the entire series and the decision Shin ultimately made - to be with Hiromi.

Again, I loved the ending and will be curious how everybody's lives continued after the last episode. Can't wait for see it!
Old 2010-01-04, 19:47   Link #788
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I agree 100%. I'd love 3 years of new TT but 3 minutes is sure better than nothing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 16:43   Link #789
anselfir
Style Über Alles

it is still mind boggling how a simple and straightforward show can leave so many people perplexed and even firmly convinced that some major twist was necessary for hiromi to win. there was no other way things can happen once the facts are laid on the table.
Old 2010-02-04, 16:53   Link #790
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Of course. Just people need to rewatch the first 7 minutes of the very first episode carefully and they already know with whom Shinchiro is going to end up.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:52   Link #791
Sphire

ooo, interesting to note there'll be a 3 minute epilogue. Makes you wonder what can actually fit inside 3 minutes, especially if it's depicting the future. We'll see, I guess.
Old 2010-02-08, 09:37   Link #792
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
ooo, interesting to note there'll be a 3 minute epilogue. Makes you wonder what can actually fit inside 3 minutes, especially if it's depicting the future. We'll see, I guess.
where've u heard about that?
even though it's just 3 minutes I would love to see it o.o
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 23:14   Link #793
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
where've u heard about that?
even though it's just 3 minutes I would love to see it o.o
It's on the website zoddguts gave. Just browse through it
Old 2010-02-14, 17:36   Link #794
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
It's on the website zoddguts gave. Just browse through it
yeah already found that info
but really, 3 minutes
I think if I've got the chance to watch'em I will miss true tears even more lol
Old 2010-02-21, 07:12   Link #795
mammothb

dying to find out what will happen. when's the blue-ray release?
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:33   Link #796
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
dying to find out what will happen. when's the blue-ray release?
It's scheduled to ship in end-March.

In terms of finding out what happens, though, the Drama CD will still probably be where it's at -- it's hard to expect much out of three minutes of extra footage.
Old 2010-02-22, 13:44   Link #797
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:

In terms of finding out what happens, though, the Drama CD will still probably be where it's at -- it's hard to expect much out of three minutes of extra footage.
well, I don't want to see that much
I'll be happy if I just could see Hiromi and Noe smiling
Old 2010-04-02, 00:37   Link #798
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:

It seems that you're quite right in predicting that it'll be based on the drama cds.. after watching those three minutes i can't help but think and encourage anyone to listen to the drama cds first to better understand the scenes..

although the additional scenes only have a song as the background music with no voice acting at all, it was still a great addition to the series..

more noe is always a plus in my book..
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 23:31   Link #799
BradF
Evac
*IT Support

With this anime not being based off the source game/manga I hope they do a second season or something. I watched the Blu-Ray Epilogue and I was impressed just like I was with the series it gave me a idea of what happened after but it had a few why is she doing that things that can be expanded on ect.

This series is one of the best of the romance/love triangle/polygon genre. The animation is top notch and REAL no fake Japanese elements to take away from the realism..

Last edited by BradF; 2010-04-03 at 00:37.
BradF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 00:17   Link #800
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
My copy of the BD Box just arrived in the mail today...yes I splurged $200+ for True Tears...and asked my friend who lives in Japan to help me out. Overall it's a worthy sacrifice - just in time to have vol.1 (the Hiromi cover) signed by Nazuka Kaori at this year's Anime Central

Overall everything appears to be absolutely top-notch. There are some minor gripes about why it is in 1080i rather than 1080p (probably because the original was made in 720p...) but I think the differences are minor. At least on my HDTV it appears stunning.

The booklet is a lot of fun too, and Toyoma looks like somewhere I'd want to go and check out if I ever get the chance.

Now that I've watched the epilogue, it seems that it is imperative for me to listen to the drama CD fully...I guess I really should just go ahead and buy a copy of that too.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life