AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-17, 03:30   Link #301
judasmartel
*Author

^ Ooh, now THAT'S A HEADS UP. They made the lolis look really good and the boys awful bad. We don't even see how did the boys respond to the girls' 4-1 offense except that the latter's lack of endurance gets the best of them.

That's usually what happens when the story has the protagonist team composed of complete beginners. Either they make the first opponents real bad or the rival team an "Aizen" type of team which (obviously) they will beat later (or not, as in the case of some sports oriented anime where they lost to the rival at the Kantou Tournament or something like that)

Let's just face it, RKB is no Slam Dunk.

1. Shohoku was a struggling team, but they had an All-Star center. Then they had like three more All-Stars in the team BUT ALSO ONE beginner in the team. They had such a strong line-up since then. They went on to defeat the district's defending champion Shoyo in the quarterfinals, but somebody went through fouling hell before improving in basketball.

2. RKB, hmmm... I felt the game was kind of rushed, but we don't want a 20-episode game, either. But hey, all but one are complete beginners in the game, and now they face the boys team who have already won a division championship?

Mihoshi and Subaru are facing impossible odds right here, so if the girls would lose, well, sorry, no girls' basketball team in school, so we won't see them compete outside of school. If that happens, I can't watch this anymore.

But it would be downright insane to let the girls win on this, right? Hey, given that kind of odds, IT's JUST IMPOSSIBLE. Except that Tomoka would probably carry the team all by herself, but I don't think she wants that. She wants to involve her teammates too. It's just that THEY LACK EXPERIENCE that she has.

Let's just hope Tomoka can make POSSIBLE the IMPOSSIBLE.

So, tell me, what's the weakness of the 4-1 offense?

EDIT: So do we expect Hinata to pull off a Ron Artest or Gary Payton?

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-07-17 at 03:56.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 06:56   Link #302
Seiryuu

They didn't make the girls look all that good. They actually showed that they had a very careful plan that would give them a chance at winning the first, and currently most important match. It showed that Airi's still a coward, and Subaru himself noted to himself that while Maho and Saki could make almost every shot where they were, they'd focused on those spots so much that they'd probably miss every shot they made anywhere else. Rather than making the boys look bad, it seemed to just show that the girls had worked hard to come up with a plan to take advantage of the boys underestimating them. A big part of the reason the first team is made "bad" is because they come into the match thinking that it'll be a walk in the park, so even minor skill properly used with cheap tricks can turn the tide. If the boys had come in expecting the girls to be tough, they probably would've been able to deal with this better. At the least, they'd focus more on slowing them down and tiring them out.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 08:10   Link #303
judasmartel
*Author

^
Thanks for the enlightenment, man.

So anybody knows the weakness of the 4-1 offense?

EDIT:

@brocko Of course it is not impossible that Subaru actually employed the 1-3-1 instead of the 4-1. As you said, we only see the upper body parts during the game and the anime did not elaborate much on floor positioning. And plus everybody notices Hinata has done nothing notable so far.

She could pull off a Ron Artest or a Bruce Bowen on Takenaka just in case, you know.
Old 2011-07-17, 09:31   Link #304
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Shows that sound tactics and good positioning, and maybe a bit of luck can go a long way.

Anyway, It sounds So adorable when Hinata goes ' Ooooh ' .
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 14:24   Link #305
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

If the girls are going to win, the secret weapon is Hinata
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 14:34   Link #306
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Considering she hasn't made a move yet you would have to think she is the secret weapon for the girl's team. In a situation like this you pretty much have to use whatever you can to win. If the survival of their club wasn't on the line could afford to play it straight win or lose, but that's not the case.
Old 2011-07-17, 18:25   Link #307
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Definitely. Though probably not in any fashion that's really related to basketball. Most likely she's there as their last resort, to somehow incapacitate the star of the boys' team. I doubt she'd be able to make a shot with good reliability yet, since she hasn't had the time to build her strength to a level where she can do well. So the strategy with her is probably more indirect and underhanded, for which reason Subaru is uncertain about doing it and hasn't done it so far.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 18:29   Link #308
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So its most likely a last resort thing. We can already tell that he noticed this trend when the boy started fidgeting and blushing while attempting to escape Hinata's cuteness. But it's cheap after all so when things get really, really desperate.
Old 2011-07-17, 20:36   Link #309
judasmartel
*Author

^
Pretty much like real-life basketball. The rewards are greater when playing defense than playing offense, after all. And sometimes, cheap underhanded tactics IS GOOD DEFENSE.

Just ask Ron Artest, Dennis Rodman, Gary Payton, or Bruce Bowen.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:50   Link #310
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Definitely. Though probably not in any fashion that's really related to basketball. Most likely she's there as their last resort, to somehow incapacitate the star of the boys' team. I doubt she'd be able to make a shot with good reliability yet, since she hasn't had the time to build her strength to a level where she can do well. So the strategy with her is probably more indirect and underhanded, for which reason Subaru is uncertain about doing it and hasn't done it so far.
I'd be surprised and disappointed if that's really Subaru's last ditch strategy. He seems like the kind of guy who's put a lot of work and effort into his abilities, so to try and help others win with such an underhanded and deceitful tactic... it just doesn't mesh with his character the way I've understood it. Am I missing something here?
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 22:17   Link #311
tsunade666

Maybe your missing the part when he realized that the boys are love struck to hinata and for me I imagine him having a grin and while in the game he will unleash honey trap strategy and goes as planned

He is popular from bringing a underdog team to a top level contender. I wonder what tactics and strategy he used back then but now the team his coaching are bunch of new beginners and girls to boot. He need to take advantage of what is given to him or it will just go to waste.
Old 2011-07-17, 22:28   Link #312
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well he did promise everyone and to himself that he will make the impossible possible. So that alone tells me if he plans to use Hinata's cuteness to overwhelm the boys team. Then I will gladly agree with his planning
Old 2011-07-17, 22:56   Link #313
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

For comparing purposes:

Spoiler for elementary schoolers are the best:

Spoiler for elementary schoolers are the best 2:
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 23:18   Link #314
tsunade666

...................There's no image on it -_-

I also don't understand. But I understand is that Subaru was a lolicon in awakening.
Old 2011-07-17, 23:24   Link #315
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yeah hotlinking doesn't work out too well on this forum. So please do upload it on a picture hosting website. What I didn't understand is when I uploaded them myself and placed them in, they actually appeared Might as well do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
For comparing purposes:

Spoiler for elementary schoolers are the best:

Spoiler for elementary schoolers are the best 2:
Old 2011-07-17, 23:34   Link #316
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Use this site: (potentially NSFW due to other screenshots)

http://subcultureblog.blog114.fc2.co...ntry-3418.html
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 23:53   Link #317
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh bloody!! There's going to be a game of this in September While the manga doesn't hold back during the bath scene o.o.

Edit: Sorry, my fandom over the companies that are working on the visual novel got me into overload

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-07-18 at 02:06.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 01:14   Link #318
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Use this site: (potentially NSFW due to other screenshots)

http://subcultureblog.blog114.fc2.co...ntry-3418.html
Will there be a game? because the screen shots are vn level graphics.
Old 2011-07-18, 01:53   Link #319
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Its a PlayStation Portable visual novel release by the companies ASCII Media Works & Kadokawa Shoten that will be released on 10/27/11.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-07-18 at 02:09.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 01:58   Link #320
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
While the manga doesn't hold back during the bath scene o.o.
O.O must find this manga !

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli