Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-09, 14:53   Link #141
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^While I definitely agree that Zeo is one awesome dude, he wouldn't exactly make for good Straw-Hat material, what with him being an evil (yet goofy) racist radical like his captain and all.
yeah thats the only problem, he is an evil guy, if he werent.... he would be the number 1 candidate for the next straw hat crew..

since his personality really suits for the next straw hat crew member, also his face looks funny as hell
Old 2011-11-09, 15:14   Link #142
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
^While I definitely agree that Zeo is one awesome dude, he wouldn't exactly make for good Straw-Hat material, what with him being an evil (yet goofy) racist radical like his captain and all.

But having said that, I've gotta say that I find his fight with Brooke to be the most entertaining in the storyline by far. In fact, Brooke's growth as a fighter impressed me the most out of the Straw-Hats in general. I had originally figured that he'd learn techniques similar to the supernova Apoo, but I was pretty much blown away by his new soul powers. I'm definitely tempted to believe that he's now as powerful as the zombie Ryuuma from Thriller Bark.....

His fight has been pretty awesome haha. The way he can like align his soul with his sword to take make it into freezing blade was pretty epic. Probably one of the more awesome new moves out of the whole crew
Old 2011-11-09, 20:08   Link #143
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:

But having said that, I've gotta say that I find his fight with Brooke to be the most entertaining in the storyline by far. In fact, Brooke's growth as a fighter impressed me the most out of the Straw-Hats in general. I had originally figured that he'd learn techniques similar to the supernova Apoo, but I was pretty much blown away by his new soul powers. I'm definitely tempted to believe that he's now as powerful as the zombie Ryuuma from Thriller Bark.....
Oda is that good at surprising people
Old 2011-11-10, 16:00   Link #144
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Chopper's expression at the end was really creepy.
Old 2011-11-11, 01:34   Link #145
yakumo-chan

I Almost forgot!!!!

Its ROronoa's Birthday today!!!! november 11!!

Happy Birthday Roronoa Zoro!!!!
Old 2011-11-11, 12:06   Link #146
marvelB

BTW, pardon the off-topicness of this, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
When you think of accidents they are things that just happen and you also know the cause of it. But a incident is different from an accident. In an incident you don't know the cause of the event. You also don't know if this event was an just accident or if there was intent behind it.

Did anyone else get vibes of Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls when reading this?
Old 2011-11-12, 05:39   Link #147
yakumo-chan

Quote:
BTW, pardon the off-topicness of this, but:

Did anyone else get vibes of Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls when reading this?
haha! yeah i do!
Old 2011-11-12, 11:01   Link #148
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
Quite a boring week without OP. Luckily enough, Beelzebub was epic this week.

I was wondering about an important issue. Is there a limit to using Haki? We saw how Luffy unleashed all sorts of Haki in this fight. Can Luffy sustain a Haki-related injury? For example, if he uses Haki while injured his injury's pain will be doubled or tripled.
These wonders anchored into my head ever since I saw Luffy's wound opened.
Old 2011-11-12, 12:00   Link #149
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I've been thinking: Zoro and Sanji must be able to use CoA for sure, otherwise they'd be useless when fighting strong DF users and especially Logias, which will probably become standard in the New World. So we'll get a lot of badass demonstrations in the future . I wonder if they know it's haki or will just use it instinctively without realizing it, though...
Old 2011-11-12, 14:42   Link #150
White Silver King
The Isley

I think everyone of the Strawhats needs CoA, except for Nami as her weather staff should allow her to exploit the elemental weakness of what ever Logia she is facing.
Old 2011-11-12, 18:55   Link #151
Shingai-san

Luffy will probably become a teacher of sorts for CoA and CoO if they do not already know it.

Ararararagi
Old 2011-11-13, 04:51   Link #152
yakumo-chan

If One Piece continues to have 12 years more, I can say that One piece did become one of the history of my life.

24 years of one piece inside the history of my life
Old 2011-11-14, 12:18   Link #153
marvelB

Seeing as Oda's break is over (for now), expect to see a new chapter thread within the next couple days, guys!

Anyways, to go back on-topic, I was rereading the chapter and I got to thinking.... I'm really hoping that the connection between Blackbeard's weapon and Shanks' scar gets brought up in a future SBS. I just think it would be interesting if Oda went into further detail about Blackbeard's past as a member of Whitebeard's crew. I mean, considering how emo he looked in that one drawing of him as a kid (which was also shown in an SBS), Teach must have quite the history behind him.....

UPDATE: Okay, the next thread is here. Enjoy!

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-11-16 at 02:01.
Old 2012-07-08, 16:59   Link #154
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Simple. The box is called "Urashima Casket". Anyone who has read the tale knows how it relates to this ornament. Like I said in a previous post of mine, overdose makes you go old in exchange for huge amounts of strenght, or rather, it shaves your life away. And during Hody's flashback we can see how the white shark, still a royal soldier, takes out a bag full with something his comrades describe as "legendary".

Vander Decken's underlings were most likely misinformed. It relates to age alteration, yeah, but not in the way you expected at first. To me it makes perfect sense.

That said, this is just a theory for now, but I would be really surprised if it turned out to be something else. Anyway, it's just a matter of time before we get a definite answer.
Time has proven you correct.

Boy does Randrak look like an idiot now.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:04   Link #155
marvelB

^Is it really necessary to go around rubbing salt in people's wounds?
Old 2012-07-09, 10:41   Link #156
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
^Is it really necessary to go around rubbing salt in people's wounds?
No but a lot of things aren't necessary in life.

People do it anyway