AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 13:53   Link #101
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

There's new interview on Dengeki site.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/430/430848/?l
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...8/index-2.html

Anyone kind enough to translate all those? XD
Looks like it is a sequel with new stories, not an expansion. But some story/routes do branch from some of previous existed route (eg. Yamineko route is happen after Ayase route where Kyousuke and Ayase went to Comicket) or further expand it (eg. Sister-in-law Kirino route).

What I get from my very poor understanding with the help from some online translators are these. Feel free to correct and add more info I haven't add ^^
  • Interview was with OreImo's author Fushimi-sensei, game producer Miki-san, and Dengeki Magazine editor-in-chief Futami-san.
  • 7 heroines: Kirino, Kuroneko, Manami, Saori, Ayase, Kanako, Sena
  • Fushimi-sensei writes Kirino's sister-in-law route, Kanako route, Saori route, Kuroneko's Yamineko short story route, Ayase epilogue, a hidden short story route, and common (beginning?!) event.
  • Not sure about this but the basic is, you're already going out with the heroine from the beginning of their route.
  • Detailed summary for each heroine story
    • Kirino route
      Her main story from the previous game is already complete so now they expand the sister-in-law if route since it was too short before. It starts with the same "sibling without blood-related bonds" setting like before. Fushimi-sensei said it feels the setting is like a balance breaker, that there's a weapon to instantly killed the last boss and you already equipped it from the start. Futami-san think that Kirino is so cute it hurts here.
    • Kuroneko route
      Apart from the normal route where you date Kuroneko, there's also Yamineko route that start from the previous Ayase route where Kyousuke and Ayase went to Summer Comicket but here they didn't confess to each other. If the normal route deals with you enjoy the cute side of Kuroneko, the Yamineko route where Kuroneko fall to darkside will be filled with situation comedy. There's also a new epilogue for her.
    • Manami route
      Written by Miki-san. Her story is different from other heroines so it's little bit special, and it will pleases Manami fans. If there is more time, Fushimi-sensei wanted to write epilogue for Manami too like he wrote Ayase's.
    • Saori route
      You will be dating Saori from the beginning. And there will be a lot of scenes where Saori appears without her glasses, and they will also introduce cute new characters that haven't even appeared yet on anime that will surprise us. Miki-san said that Saori story is "not fair".
    • Ayase route
      Since Fushimi-sensei already wrote her story before so this time he leaves it to Miki-san, but he at least want to write a new epilogue for her. Futami said that Fushimi-sensei wrote wonderful story before, so it really puts pressure this time. There will be cute and entertaining date scenes, but there's also a horror on it.
    • Kanako route
      Continuing her (mini) route from the previous game. This newly written route is linked to many parts. Kyousuke and Kanako couple is surprisingly fit excellently so look forward to their dialogue.
    • Sena route
      Her route begins just like the original story. Here, Kirino and Sena already known each other but Kyousuke didn't know that. Her and Ayase route made Fushimi-sensei worried; Ayase route being hard to compare to her previous route and Sena route is because it's involving Sena's brocon feeling to Kouhei thus really close to OreImo main theme, or something XD
  • The last question was which route recommended to be played.
    • Fushimi-sensei recommends every route. But he specially recommend Kirino's since there's a lot of scene that can only happen on the game. And since she doesn't related by blood with Kyousuke, Kirino's attitude towards Manami will also change.
    • Miki-san recommends Manami route.
    • Futami-san recommends Ayase route due to its "date with Ayase-tan" cuteness
  • You don't need to play the previous game to enjoy this sequel.
  • Release date is still TBA

Looks like very promising, and I really can't wait for next update.

Last edited by bakAnki; 2011-11-25 at 01:25.
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 11:16   Link #102
Aaerul

Hi I translated most of the entire article. You can find it here:

http://visualnovelaer.wordpress.com/...sa-the-author/

This game is going to be awesomeeeeeeee!!!!
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 13:00   Link #103
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

^Thank you for translating. Now I can understand it more.
But I guess the combining result of several online translators with my poor understanding of Japanese isn't that horrible since I nailed some part of it XD

I still don't understand this part by the way.
Quote:
・“前作個別エンディングの続き”ではないシナリオ(桐乃(義妹)ルート、沙織ルートなど)も ある。
・Unlike the previous game: Both Kirino and Saori will sport a proper ending.
Kirino's main route's ending on the previous game was sure disappointing, but wasn't Saori's good enough? I mean didn't she ended up with Kyousuke, the guy she likes, rather than an old man her parent suggested? But if they make more interesting route I'm not complaining, her overall route was indeed not that enjoyable IMO

Quote:
Miki: when you meant ‘pay attention’, you mean prepare yourself for a bloody bad end where a love-sim game turns into some crazy horror genre? (laughs)
God I hope she won't turn into yandere/Devil Ayase persona. But if it's only for the bad end and some lol moment when she encountered Kuroneko on the previous game then I think it's okay Love sim turn into horror, earlier today we got that from episode 8 of Haganai anime by the way

Quote:
Futami: for me it would be Ayase. During the date Ayase turns into Ayase-tan!!! She’s super cute. And the fact that what she says and what she does is so inconsistent, if you ever read it I don’t think you could ever remove the smile off your face.
This is the part where it made me hope they gonna release it soon. On the previous game, Ayase route lacks of actual date scene. I was in doubt if they will surpass, or at least keep in the same level, her previous story. If her route now is filled with a lot of date scene with cute Ayase-tan and the epilogue is still written by Fushimi-sensei himself, then I can relax now

Though I'm still wondering, if this is continuing the previous game, how the common/beginning route works out? For once now Kirino is sister-in-law (or this route is still an If, only they make it much longer?) and Yamineko route is happen after date with Ayase to Summer Comicket.
Is it safe to assume that on this sequel Kyousuke experienced all (or at least, some part) of things happened on each heroine routes on the previous game so he already on good term with every girls, hence Kyousuke will immediately date the girl on the beginning of each routes?
Old 2011-11-25, 13:32   Link #104
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Though I'm still wondering, if this is continuing the previous game, how the common/beginning route works out? For once now Kirino is sister-in-law (or this route is still an If, only they make it much longer?) and Yamineko route is happen after date with Ayase to Summer Comicket.
Is it safe to assume that on this sequel Kyousuke experienced all (or at least, some part) of things happened on each heroine routes on the previous game so he already on good term with every girls, hence Kyousuke will immediately date the girl on the beginning of each routes?
That does seem to be what they're saying, given that most of the routes will start with them already dating. So it literally is a sequel, and dives straight into the After Stories with no "common route". I guess the game will just start with a scenario selector (like a lot of eroge fandisks, for example).
Old 2011-11-25, 16:40   Link #105
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Hope the new pregnancy ending's with Kirino.
Checkmate!!!!

Ditto same with Kanako!

RE: "non-blood related siblings".
As Kuroneko herself said in Ep 7, "What a lame plot escape device!"
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 11:52   Link #106
Shadow5YA

Just to be clear, but this game's Kirino is different from the anime/manga/novel Kirino, right? I was pretty sure they were blood related.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 12:02   Link #107
Aaerul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Just to be clear, but this game's Kirino is different from the anime/manga/novel Kirino, right? I was pretty sure they were blood related.
yeah it's just a 'What-if' scenario. what if kyosuke and kirino arent blood-related?? and then it run from there
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:01   Link #108
type-R!

Looking forward to Sena's route. There might be blood on that route as well courtesy of Kohei. Btw on Kirino's what if scenatio
Spoiler for Kirino and Kyousuke are actually...:
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 23:11   Link #109
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Teaser PV kitaaaaaa~

Nothing new though, except it seems now they can show 2 Live2D sprites on the 2-Shot part.
Though I didn't know Kuroneko called Kyousuke "Kyou-chan" too on the previous game. Well, that's because I fast forwarded Kuroneko (and Manami) route before except for the ending XD
Old 2011-12-04, 14:21   Link #110
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Though I didn't know Kuroneko called Kyousuke "Kyou-chan" too on the previous game. Well, that's because I fast forwarded Kuroneko (and Manami) route before except for the ending XD
I don't think she called him that consistently, just the odd time when she was quasi-teasing him as she likes to do. You'll also note that they show Kirino calling him "Onii-chan", which she doesn't usually do either.

In any case, interesting to see the new bits in there, though a lot of what they showed was from the previous game as well.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:38   Link #111
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think she called him that consistently, just the odd time when she was quasi-teasing him as she likes to do. You'll also note that they show Kirino calling him "Onii-chan", which she doesn't usually do either.

In any case, interesting to see the new bits in there, though a lot of what they showed was from the previous game as well.
I wonder what it took for her to call him that. Or maybe she just wants something from him.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:42   Link #112
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

Ah yeah, judging by her artwork (and the other girls's) seems like it was from the beginning of the previous game, when Saori mention Kyousuke could see her panties if Kuroneko sat like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
I wonder what it took for her to call him that. Or maybe she just wants something from him.
One time I remember Kirino called Kyousuke "onii-chan" with that look was on the yandere Kirino If Route with Kouhei
I don't really understand what really happen on that If Route. Kouhei asked Kyousuke to accompany him when they were on the school trip to Kyoto. Then they found some secret door or something, the game graphic changed to old game's and even Kyousuke and Kouhei can't talk normally (the text was still there but they didn't speak normally). Looks like they found some ancient shrine that can fulfill their wish, and both siscon wishing for their sister to become cuter or something.
Then they magically transferred to schoolyard and there Kirino ran towards Kyousuke and called him "onii-chan", saying dere things like "Weren't you on school trip? Could it be you came back before anyone else because you miss me? If that so then I'm so happy, because I'm also feel lonely without you"......... before turned yandere and broke Kyosuke's shoulder @__@

Looks like they gonna redo some scenes from the previous game, since that 2-shot with Kanako and Ayase IIRC was on the previous game when Kyousuke and Ayase met Kanako on Summer Comicket. But on the previous game Kanako was already wore Meruru costume and the 2-shot only showed Ayase's Live2D.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:53   Link #113
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, never thought that they would spend so much on the PSP game, including making well-made sprites out of the characters.
It's quite disappointing that Madoka Magica wasn't given justice on its PSP game, though.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 22:22   Link #114
Oblivion

And just to clarify, there is no english patch of any kind for this game, is there?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 13:31   Link #115
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
And just to clarify, there is no english patch of any kind for this game, is there?
There is a patch in progress for the 1st one. They still have a long way to go.
There are several sumaries around that can help you go through the game with a general knowledge of what is going on.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 23:25   Link #116
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

The official site for the sequel has been updated. Release date is March 29 and first PV will be played on C81 \/

http://oreimo-game.channel.or.jp/

Other than Kuroneko with her Shironeko cloth, other characters will also get new outfits.

Spoiler for So, it's a 2-UMD? Or other UMD is just for special content?:

EDIT: Looks like Dengeki will feature special short articles page that will be updated weekly again, just like the previous game.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/439/439521/

Last edited by bakAnki; 2011-12-23 at 00:21. Reason: Dengeki article & additional info added
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 01:05   Link #117
Maugomale

Will it include a special short novel like the previous one? Hope somebody around here can give us a brief summary when it comes out.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 20:18   Link #118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:48   Link #119
zeko

thanks

but can someone translate the text on the image if it's worthy?
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 22:00   Link #120
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣