AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 22:39   Link #321
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Damn we PS3 guys still need to wait till September....
Old 2012-07-03, 22:48   Link #322
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm currently unable to view the videos, but essentially is it the same as the E3 demos?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:56   Link #323
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Damn we PS3 guys still need to wait till September....
I know, that's one of the things that piss me off. So now we have to wait two whole months just for PS3 owners to play the demo. Nice going Capcom...jerks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm currently unable to view the videos, but essentially is it the same as the E3 demos?
Yeah, they're essentially the same stuff we saw at E3 for the people who couldn't attend and want to try the game first hand. So unless you have an Xbox and Dragon's Dogma, you're going to have to wait till September to play it. This is getting tiresome -_-.
Old 2012-07-03, 23:03   Link #324
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

@Chaos2Frozen
Yep.
You can choose from Leon, Chris and Jake and choose whoever character you want Leon or Helena first to choose. Same gameplay on E3 with more options.

Hope the co-op can be local like RE5 did.

Iam just glad DD is a good game and wroth the buy for this RE6 demo, but the time wait really stinks. >__<
Old 2012-07-04, 08:18   Link #325
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

More RE6 demo showcasing with Maximilian the Online Warrior with voice audio you weren't able to listen too at E3 or any other footage. Jake's scenario and gameplay really peaks my interests, and the melee attacks of his looks solid and a couple resembles Wesker's. Father and son, huh. Well enjoy!

Old 2012-07-04, 21:35   Link #326
Mateus

And here I thought Chris was the only RE Guy for me, then Piers comes along
Old 2012-07-04, 21:45   Link #327
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

@Kirito
you beat me to it.

Seems Chris has a trauma here that he wants to forget, possible in the manga Biohazard which is like a tie in the RE6 storyline he lost his team.

Btw Piers is Chris Jr. imho.

take a look at RE Code Veronica Chris.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...recv_super.jpg
Old 2012-07-04, 22:02   Link #328
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Yeah, the resemblance does look strong, the game where Chris had the right muscle mass before he started pumping steroids before RE5. It was on the tip of my tongue but it kept escaping me until now. Also the resemblance seems plausible many people say that Pier's sort of looks like new Dante/Donte "shudders".
Old 2012-07-04, 22:12   Link #329
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

6 months without work out and just drinking and slumbering really does take a toll on a mans body. Iam just glad Chris in the cutscenes still has his edge and hasn't lost that touch in gameplay.

Speaking of Steroids lol Chris at the demo, MMMmmm Pills. He'll probably be buffed up again in no time

As for Piers on my case he's the younger Chris. Both are similar in body mass of the younger Chris in older RE games, he's a sniper while Chris is an expert marksman in Stars and both are dedicated to their jobs as seen here. As for Donte/FU he's a junkie he has no place in an RE game what so ever.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:18   Link #330
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Yeah, that's Chris in a nutshell. Sure he'll be down in the slumps now but he'll be back for head shots, head stomping, and boulder punching in no time. You can break the character but you can't nerf his skills.

That's worrying, but I guess he'll probably need it for when he has to punch through something again...hmm. I wonder if Capcom will go the extra mile and make him punch through a steal door...I wouldn't be surprised if they did that considering that the boulder thing he did became a meme in its own right.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:26   Link #331
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well he couldn't punch through a steel door before Ada or whoever that is killed his men again. Probably later when he's freaking mad at something.

Best line in the game.

Chris - "How many of our men are dead because of that BITCH!" hits the wall with his fist.

You can just connect with Chris with that and Piers is there to his head cool.

Story I could say he's probably reverted back to his old ways in the air force with that attitude that Chris had before he joined Stars. Or probably because he's stuck with a guy partner for the very first time in his career which he hates. He wants women partners!
Old 2012-07-04, 22:33   Link #332
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Chris's emotions were really existent in that scene. He has been through a lot and he pretty much takes his failures much harder than the other characters in the series. It's clear he wants to put an end to everything and he's willing to do it even if it means changing for the worse or better, whatever is apparent.

I wonder where was Jill during his period of depression? I'm sure that a handful of Jill "sandwiches" would've done the trick but they had to get a guy to do it. It's really ironic that Leon and Jake get woman partners and not him. I guess they wanted him to be more gar and efficient than a babysitter, which pretty much what you did with Sheva in RE5.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:45   Link #333
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

True Chris out shined story wise Jake and Leon here, there so many questions to what lead a great guy to this. Because of his failure or probably he got injured. No Jill now thats another thing another why no Claire? Chris had alot of women in his life that can help him, but instead we get a guy to do it.... =/

And yes a good Jill sandwitch will take care of any aches and pain Chris is having in his head. No double meaning intended.

As for RE5 it's better to play as Sheva, because it's really hard to swallow a strong buffed man and Sheva will say "that's too heavy for you." Jesus...He punched a moved bolder!

This is the reason why I hate the partner system, even now Leon is suffering from that, the guy looking for his daughter can move fallen stuff by himself, but Leon now needs help from Helena? Jake is said to be stronger than an average human and still needs to kick a door open with the help of Sherry?! Come on....

RE Revelations made me lol and face palm when Chris shouted at Jessica to pull up a steel cage door.

"Jessica I need a hand!"
Old 2012-07-04, 22:53   Link #334
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sometimes it's not so much about needing your partner to move this or open that- in the Leon demo I see that it's more of standard urban tactic to enter/clear an unknown room with at least one other person to watch your blind spot.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:59   Link #335
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
That's the good thing about having a partner he/she always has your back.

But when there are things a single person can do, yes Iam talking to you men of RE you need to do it yourselves. You don't need a partner to be helping you.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:05   Link #336
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Well they better fix the partner AI before the game gets released. I don't mind it like most people but to have to babysit and watch your partner hinder you won't make the game more enjoyable.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:08   Link #337
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Is there a "The Last of Us" game thread?
When I saw the trailer that's how should a partner should be, helping at the right moment at the right time. Not babysitting a woman that has the hots for Chris.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:36   Link #338
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Well they better fix the partner AI before the game gets released. I don't mind it like most people but to have to babysit and watch your partner hinder you won't make the game more enjoyable.
Doesn't it use the same mechanics as Revelations rather than RE5? In that your partner doesn't consume health and ammo.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:45   Link #339
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Doesn't it use the same mechanics as Revelations rather than RE5? In that your partner doesn't consume health and ammo.
I haven't played Revelations to know how the partner mechanics work. It could be better but I'm just going with what I've experienced in RE5.
Old 2012-07-05, 00:29   Link #340
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I haven't played Revelations to know how the partner mechanics work. It could be better but I'm just going with what I've experienced in RE5.
Have you play the Uncharted series? The partner system is sort of like that for Revelations- you don't have to worry about their health or ammo and if you run far ahead they'll magically teleport... Of course, the trade of is you can't customize them but that's minor.

I suspect this might be the format for RE6- the weapons and ammo you collect would be saved to the profile so during co-op games you can use the items in your inventory regardless of which character you're playing.

...At least, that's what I hope they're doing