AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-03-02, 16:30   Link #3461
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Spoiler:
It's pretty nonsensical that it's compatible. How would a normal nervegear or amusphere scan your Flut Light? That technology's supposed to be way above the current game interface technology available in the market. I hope all that part will be edited out from the LN version.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-03-02 at 18:26.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 23:56   Link #3462
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's pretty nonsensical that it's compatible. How would a normal nervegear or amusphere scan your Flut Light? That technology's supposed to be way above the current game interface technology available in the market. I hope all that part will be edited out from the LN version.
Remember that the people from ALO who are going to log in only have to fear that the pain will be real, AND that they might lose their The Seed accounts... they are probably logging with a AVATAR and not as fluctlights
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 04:40   Link #3463
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Well I wonder how that will be addressed...then again considering it's somewhat of a C/P thing b/w the WN and LN...yeah.

Anyways thanks for the summaries.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:48   Link #3464
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Remember that the people from ALO who are going to log in only have to fear that the pain will be real, AND that they might lose their The Seed accounts... they are probably logging with a AVATAR and not as fluctlights
It still doesn't make sense. They shouldn't even be able to log in.
Old 2013-03-03, 07:44   Link #3465
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

The only sort of justification that i can give is that the client the "hacker" put on the internet some how alleviates that problem, by doing what Javier said, and simply connects the player to an Avatar. I doubt this method would work if the UW was moving faster than RT, seeing as AmuSphear can't alter one's perception of time.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 14:38   Link #3466
chappz316

Hi i'm new to this forum and have been lurking in the background reading these summaries.

I'd like you say thank you to anyone and everyone involved in delivering these summaries.

On topic:
Spoiler for Talking about recent summary:
chappz316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 14:41   Link #3467
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappz316 View Post
On topic:
Spoiler for Talking about recent summary:
That still doesn't account for the difference in the perception of time. It should be impossible to control this "specters" in that condition.
Old 2013-03-03, 15:20   Link #3468
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
That still doesn't account for the difference in the perception of time. It should be impossible to control this "specters" in that condition.
Time in UW is currently equal to real world, the rate was set to 1.
Or do you mean difference between America and Japan?
Old 2013-03-03, 15:42   Link #3469
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Yeah I was thinking about the whole use of Avatar clients and time being set at a 1:1 pace between UW and the RW. It makes sense in that way.

Kinda sucks though since it brings up the possibility of just relogging in...

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 15:43   Link #3470
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Time in UW is currently equal to real world, the rate was set to 1.
Oh, I must have skipped a line of something when I read the summary.
Old 2013-03-03, 17:08   Link #3471
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Oh, I must have skipped a line of something when I read the summary.
Higa noticed that the rate was 1:1, if he raised the rate after discovering it, those 30k players would probably get a connection error and get disconnected.
Then again, if he did, we wouldn't see Kirito own them.
Old 2013-03-09, 05:13   Link #3472
shanksen

DAMN! <Gabriel> is the most psycopath i've ever seen, he make sougo/oberon look like a normal man
shanksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 05:54   Link #3473
novalysis

I think that, given the anime only reception to Sugou, once Gabriel comes on scene, there will be more rage and charges that SAO is rubbish, for having a "one dimensional" villain.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 11:32   Link #3474
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

But... Sugou IS one-dimensional... And so is Gabriel ._.

Though I don't believe SAO is rubbish, I just wish Reki could make another interesting villain, with real motives behind his actions.
I mean, Sugou, I can sort of understand, on some level, because he wanted money. But he seemed crazy and delusional with his god-complex, without any good reason.
I suppose I just prefer villains to be complex, and varying...
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 12:21   Link #3475
novalysis

Can there be a multi dimensional sociopath? I don't think so, unless you can somehow get into the head of that sociopath. Sugou bears all the hallmarks of classic sociopathy - I think the problem is, it's just too cliche, even if such people DO exist in the real world. Plus , the anime fails hard at exploring internal motivations, and of course, the only hint of what drives Sugou appeared in Mother's Rosario, when Asuna was arguing with her mother.

And I think the other issue that will draw hate is Kirito taking out 30k people through the Incarnate system. Then again, I think SAO has acquired a huge vociferous hatedom, and I foresee some very ugly arguments once a second season comes out. Especially Mother's Rosario, where some desperate haters might just engage in homophobia over Asuna's joke with Yuuki. I don't envy the mods.

Then again, I might be being too cynical of how the haters would receive the GGO and Mother Rosasrio's arcs.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 12:27   Link #3476
shanksen

well it's not cliche for me, i think the author wants us to hate the villain as it should be
i don't know if something is wrong with me BUT I LIKE VILLAINS LIKE THEM
Old 2013-03-09, 13:17   Link #3477
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
But... Sugou IS one-dimensional... And so is Gabriel ._.

Though I don't believe SAO is rubbish, I just wish Reki could make another interesting villain, with real motives behind his actions.
I mean, Sugou, I can sort of understand, on some level, because he wanted money. But he seemed crazy and delusional with his god-complex, without any good reason.
I suppose I just prefer villains to be complex, and varying...
I am not gonna argue whether Gabriel is one-dimensional or not but I don't think Gabriel is acting without any motive at all. Kawahara even allocated a whole chapter just for Gabriel himself, explaining his motive of sort. If you had read Chapter 6 and still refuse to accept his motive as a "real motive", then I have nothing to say. It's in my opinion that his motives were justifiable.

@novalysis
I feel it's still too early to say that the anime will show Kirito taking out 30k people through the Incarnate Power. Since the light novel is still in the early stage of Alicization arc, there is a possibility that Kawahara might change the story for a fair bit. But even so, I didn't find Kirito's method of wiping out 30k people nonsensical at all. It's just Kawahara was writing it in a rather exaggerated way.
Old 2013-03-09, 13:38   Link #3478
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Can there be a multi dimensional sociopath?
Of course it can. You don't focus on what he is (a sociopath, in this case) but on why he became like that. Because that's the thing: no one is born evil. So you give the character depth by building up his backstory. Sometimes it's really simple actually, like Makishima from psycho-path, who became a murderer as a result of being "ignored" by the system, so to speak. Well, it's more complex than that but if you watch the series you know what I mean.

Anyway, the problem with Reki's villains is that he never really develop them. Why did Kayaba end up so obsessed about building his own fantasy world and make it "reality". We don't really know (there's a vague flashback that doesn't really explain much). Why did Sugou get so twisted? We don't know either.

Maybe that's another reason Mother Rosario is the only SAO novel I really like: there's no villain. Without villains, and without Kirito, suddenly Reki was free to delve into character building, and he does a pretty good job at building Asuna's character. Too bad there's only one volume like that....
Old 2013-03-09, 17:53   Link #3479
Flere821
Lurker

I personally feel Gabriel's not really "one-dimensional", but that might be because I actually have access to a readable version of WEB 6 (Chinese)

And as for Kirito being a badass by late Alicization, well that is quite a long way off with plenty of room to develop there. TTGL didn't start off with galaxy-breaking attacks and DBZ didn't start off with Super Saiyan 3. If a newbie to those series that have just finished watching the first few episodes of those series were told how the end-game power levels will turn out s/he'd be dubious at the development of the series too, and the same is happening here. I'd advise people here to keep reading the LNs as they come out, and not just drop the series because of summaries - I try and keep in details, but often it doesn't capture the moment adequately
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 19:51   Link #3480
shanksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
And I think the other issue that will draw hate is Kirito taking out 30k people through the Incarnate system. .
I LOVE SUPERPOWERS so i think it's not bad haha + i think LN might explain the fact why kirito OWNED the 30k people using Incarnate system, or he will change the scene where ALO players joint forces with kirito to defeat them?

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality