AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-16, 11:14   Link #1
Rurouni

Any more filler arcs in One Piece?

Well I enjoyed One Piece up until the end of the Arabasta Arc,and I really loved the series until that point. Then came the fillers which were, as always, crap. I heard the filler arc stopped at episode 144. But to avoid anymore stupid fillers, can someone tell me if there are any more of these arcs in the show, or is it pure manga goodness from now on?
Old 2006-04-16, 11:59   Link #2
Slayerx

So long as there's a chance of the anime catching up with the manga there will always be upcoming fillers

Well there should be a filler arc right after the skypeia arc and then a short one after the davy-back fight arc... after that it's all manga goodness through there... however i predict some long fillers after that because it will probably be the end of a major arc and also the anime seems to be getting somewhat close to the manga
Old 2006-04-16, 12:39   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

They also extended the davy back fight out like mad. There's like 2x's as many anime episodes as there were davy back chapters and several more competitions than in the manga. So there's a tad bit of filler in the davy back fight too, but it's good filler interestingly enough and keeps with the spirit of the arc.
Old 2006-04-16, 16:08   Link #4
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Episode guide: http://www.arlongpark.net/Anime/Episodes

It tells you which episodes are fillers.
Old 2006-04-27, 06:38   Link #5
PigLig

probably one after water7
Old 2006-04-27, 15:46   Link #6
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Without a doubt.
Old 2006-04-28, 08:21   Link #7
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Perhaps they can make a filler out of Baroque Works breaking out etc, that has been as a cover story for a while? Like they've done before twice.
Old 2006-04-28, 12:02   Link #8
Tsukishirou

Most side stories would only be like 1-2 episodes, the last 2-3 "Miss Goldenweek" side stories could be done in like 3-4 seconds.
I think the purpose of Oda working in the Anime is to cut off the filler and make the manga/anime work closely.
Old 2006-05-02, 13:01   Link #9
dabigkrunch

Be grateful the filler arcs arent as bad as Narutos. I enjoy the One Piece fillers, even if they characters strengths/abilities are severely misrepresented sometimes (like Rainbow Mist).
Old 2006-05-03, 19:46   Link #10
strategos

At least in One Piece, most of the filler arcs are made by Oda.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2006-05-03, 23:25   Link #11
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Er, no, NONE Of the filler arcs are made by Oda, nor the movies or TV specials.
Old 2006-05-03, 23:33   Link #12
Slayerx

Actually, both the Coby and Helempo(sp?) training in the marines arc and the little buggy arc were both Oda's creations... they appear on the cover of the manga... the anime takes those and turn them into arcs

Oda doesn't create all of the fillers, but some fillers are based off of the mini comics from the mangas...
Old 2006-05-04, 01:16   Link #13
strategos

The filler are very well made, some arent that great; but at least its not like some animethat brings the imitation of the Sensu beans aka the curry of life >_>. I find that Oda tries that the anime and manga go hand to hand. For example, the filler that explains how Zoro met with Johnny and Yusaku. Its not in the Side Arc, but still it explain how they met each other and it, in a sense, wont affect the One Piece plot because does character might not appear anymore in the story.
I dont dislike the fillers, some are good and some are just ...nice.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2006-05-04, 02:33   Link #14
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Actually, both the Coby and Helempo(sp?) training in the marines arc and the little buggy arc were both Oda's creations... they appear on the cover of the manga... the anime takes those and turn them into arcs
I know...and thus I don't consider those fillers. Those are the only two ministories that have been brought to the anime, which is a shame. I would rather see more of those then some of the other stuff they come up with, but I guess statiscal analysis on Toei's part says the audience doesn't want to sit and watch characters who aren't the strawhats for a whole arc (Buggy and CobyMeppo got low ratings).
Closed Thread