AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-17, 18:15   Link #1
BlackShinobi07

[Manga] Lee's revenge

Spoiler:

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-03-17 at 19:20.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 18:50   Link #2
DrunkManCrying

that it would be pretty unimaginative of Kishimoto to make the exact same thing happen twice
DrunkManCrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 19:01   Link #3
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkManCrying View Post
that it would be pretty unimaginative of Kishimoto to make the exact same thing happen twice
I was saying the situation i decrided this shopuld happen instead of, not agian. That would be silly and like what you said, unimaginative.
Old 2007-03-17, 19:02   Link #4
SpiRo
Banned

Gai is awsome. Gai and Lee r most funniest two in Naruto, if they r gone i would only have to laugh Narutos stupidity..

"Springtime of youth", "I was in my nice guy pose" !!
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:13   Link #5
Slayerx

no need for spoilers if the thread is marked as a [MANGA] thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Spoiler:
Nah...
Gai is more suited to dying while opening all 8 gates to kill a member... the member will die but so will Gai... with the member dead, there is no one for Lee to avenge against
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:19   Link #6
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
no need for spoilers if the thread is marked as a [MANGA] thread

Nah...
Gai is more suited to dying while opening all 8 gates to kill a member... the member will die but so will Gai... with the member dead, there is no one for Lee to avenge against
my thoughts exactly
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:43   Link #7
ShikaShika
無罪

Besides, Lee's character is too innocent to be an avenger.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 21:40   Link #8
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

If Gai died instead of Asuma, we'd see Lee become a drunken boxer for the rest of his life.
Old 2007-03-18, 07:46   Link #9
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

When Gai opens all 8 gates i think he will be able to kill even the Sannin....and they are pretty much the strongest in the series.

So he'll probably be able to kill any Akatsuki member...which is exactly why i still doubt that Akatsuki are the final bad guy's..either Sasuke or Orochimaru will be the final bad guy.

And i would rather have Gai killing Kakuzu and Hidan and dieing in the process then Asuma...a shame it was Asuma...he was one of my favorite jounins...
Old 2007-03-18, 09:57   Link #10
KaWaitress
Waitress Fetish ♥

Send a message via AIM to KaWaitress
That would be a pretty good twist, however i'm sure they'll get their part in the story as Asuma and Shikamaru did. We'll just have to wait and see what happens to them.
KaWaitress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 11:52   Link #11
Syndicate
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:
it would certainly give more dept to the serie.

instead of the retrieve sasuke back crap what we have now.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 07:55   Link #12
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
it is a shame asuma had to die, if Gai died i think lee might become a drunk as The_other Ninja pointed out

I think kishi killed asuma on purpose so naruto couldn't get advice on wind element anymore

ps gai and lee are awsome

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 08:05   Link #13
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I think kishi killed asuma on purpose so naruto couldn't get advice on wind element anymore
U smelled conspiracy -.-

Gai and Lee have greater bond then Asuma and Shika ..
Old 2007-03-21, 09:29   Link #14
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I agree that Gai-Lee have a greater connection than Asuma-Shikamaru but this was done so poetically that I have no complaints.

I was disappointed to see Asuma's jutsu go no farther than using those chakra daggers but I think Kishi killed off a jounin to make the Akatsuki conflict darker.

The series needed a casuality.

I think he has something more in store for Gai's fate.

The Itachi-Kakashi and Gai-Kisame matchups were interesting teasers. I wonder if those pairings will ever go for real or if that was meant to be their final conflicts.

I could see Gai defeating Kisame but Kakashi will not be the one to defeat Itachi.
Old 2007-03-21, 12:42   Link #15
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
I agree that Gai-Lee have a greater connection than Asuma-Shikamaru but this was done so poetically that I have no complaints.

I was disappointed to see Asuma's jutsu go no farther than using those chakra daggers but I think Kishi killed off a jounin to make the Akatsuki conflict darker.

The series needed a casuality.

I think he has something more in store for Gai's fate.

The Itachi-Kakashi and Gai-Kisame matchups were interesting teasers. I wonder if those pairings will ever go for real or if that was meant to be their final conflicts.

I could see Gai defeating Kisame but Kakashi will not be the one to defeat Itachi.
I couldnt agree more ..
Old 2007-03-22, 08:59   Link #16
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I don't think it would have been better if it had been Gai and Lee because it wouldn't have fit Kishi's storyline.

I believe Kishimoto's main purpose was to change Shikamaru's character and he needed to kill someone close to him to accomplish it. So that meant either his parents, Choji, Ino, or Asuma. (He hadn't interacted enough in the manga with her to justify going crazy after Temari's death).

Asuma fit the bill and allowed Kishi to fill in the blanks about his relationship with Sarutobi and Kurenai as an added bonus.

There has been too much foreshadowing with Gai opening all 8 gates taking someone out with him in a blaze of glory. Probably to protect Lee. It's going to be really sad.
Old 2007-03-22, 12:12   Link #17
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I don't think it would have been better if it had been Gai and Lee because it wouldn't have fit Kishi's storyline.

I believe Kishimoto's main purpose was to change Shikamaru's character and he needed to kill someone close to him to accomplish it. So that meant either his parents, Choji, Ino, or Asuma. (He hadn't interacted enough in the manga with her to justify going crazy after Temari's death).

Asuma fit the bill and allowed Kishi to fill in the blanks about his relationship with Sarutobi and Kurenai as an added bonus.

There has been too much foreshadowing with Gai opening all 8 gates taking someone out with him in a blaze of glory. Probably to protect Lee. It's going to be really sad.
why would he want to change shikamarus charcter. he was a lazy supergenious thats coudnt be outsmarted by anyone, and was very reluctant to do anything, thats why he was such a favorite among fans of the anime. kishi trying to make him into a fighter using asumas blades and making him lose in shogi just messed up his character. It would have been more of an epic battle if lee had some how been able to open all 8 gates to avange gai, his beloved teacher. It would have been even cooler if lee found a way to surpass the eights gates to been an akatsuki member. not only would that have shown the power of akatsuki better than the shika fight with hidan, but it would have shown the kind of power lee could attain on his own to avenge gai.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-03-22 at 15:29.
Old 2007-03-22, 12:57   Link #18
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
why would he want to change shikamarus charcter. he was a lazy supergenious thats coudnt be outsmarted by anyone, and was very reluctant to do anything, thats why he was such a favorite among fans of the anime. kishi trying to make him into a fighter using asumas blades and making him lose in shogi just messed up his character. It would have been more of an epic battle if lee had some how been able to open all 8 gates to avange gai, his beloved teacher. It would have been even cooler if lee found a way to surpass the eights gates to been an akatsuki member. not only would that have shown the power of akatsuki better that the shika fight with hidan, but it would have shown the kind of power lee could attain on his own to avenge gai.
I don't think that's what Dede was trying to say. Lee is already a highly motivated character to begin with who always puts %100 into everything he does. Shikamaru has potential, but is lazy and sometimes apathetic. He needed a crisis to occur to make him show his full capability and Asuma's death was it. I'm sure that either Gai or Lee will eventually open the 8 gates, and it won't necessarily take the death either one for it to happen. Gai and Lee will go all out simply because neither of them refuse to ever give up.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 20:50   Link #19
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

It wouldn't have been as satisfying for me to watch lee flip out and try to get vengance, pluss it's not like he was gonna be better than Guy, so if they killed guy, then lee prolly would've been beat.

Shika was perfect, cuz he was always a crybaby procrastinator. That was a cute part of his personality but eventually he's gonna have to grow up a bit. You can't have a ninja call everything a pain in the ass all the time when he should be getting down to buisness(small things and weaklings are still ok to whine about). Pluss if we think practically he would be the only one who could kill an akastuski without gaining that much more strength. We got to see just how well shika could fight when he was completley serious. One on one it was probably more than even most akatsuki could handle.
Old 2007-03-24, 05:43   Link #20
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
It wouldn't have been as satisfying for me to watch lee flip out and try to get vengance, pluss it's not like he was gonna be better than Guy, so if they killed guy, then lee prolly would've been beat.

Shika was perfect, cuz he was always a crybaby procrastinator. That was a cute part of his personality but eventually he's gonna have to grow up a bit. You can't have a ninja call everything a pain in the ass all the time when he should be getting down to buisness(small things and weaklings are still ok to whine about). Pluss if we think practically he would be the only one who could kill an akastuski without gaining that much more strength. We got to see just how well shika could fight when he was completley serious. One on one it was probably more than even most akatsuki could handle.
If Shika hadn't seen Asuma tasting Hidan's curse, he would not have stood a chance. Against any powerful ninja, if he doesn't know beforehand his abilities, he is pretty much screwed.

The "only" amazing thing he did was to figure the trick, but that's all. I believe most of the Jounins (Neji and Temari included) would have blowed Hidan up just fine with as much information.

I believe Gai (and possibly Kakashi) is fast enough to avoid the scythe, so Hidan would have not been able trigger the curse against him. But there would have been no story
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote