AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-25, 22:11   Link #1
auriya

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

According to an entry on Memento (http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/) it's going to become an anime:

Quote:
While we're on CLAMP, I may as well mentioned this other news item. I'm not sure if this is official or not but Moonphase site mentioned that Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle will become an anime after all. Click on that link above and type this word ツバサ・クロニクル and the first hit you get is the blurb you're looking for. The anime will start April 2005, and it'll get 26 episodes. Bee Train will animate the series.
Great news, as far as I'm concerned. I'll certainly look forward to this.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 21:12   Link #2
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

XDDD OMG zomg omfg! The best part of this news, is... of course, the fact it's being animated by Bee Train!! XXXHoliuc movie by I.G. and Tsubasa TV by Bee-Train. Perfection IMO. Can't wait!
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 04:22   Link #3
-AR-

That "ツバサ・クロニクル" mentioned on Moon Phase is just a comment by some guest and there wasn't any source so it isn't very reliable info in my opinion.

But, there will be an 'important announcement' in the next Shonen Magazine. It might be about an anime version, so we'll see if that info is true or not.
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 13:03   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

If it's animated by Bee Train, then I'm certainly looking forward to it. I've seen the manga at my local Kinokuniya, and from what I understand it's a parody of both Clamp works and the general fantasy genre. Although the anti-fantasy is overdone in books, perhaps it'll work out in anime.

The greatest thing about it, however, WITHOUT A DOUBT is

Spoiler:
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 10:57   Link #5
-AR-

Tsubasa TV-anime has been officially announced in Shonen Magazine
The announcement says the anime will air on NHK Kyouiku TV from Arpil 2005. There's nothing about the animation studio or episode count.
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 03:03   Link #6
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Bee Train is in fact animating Tsubasa, according to CLAMP's official website. I'm not really sure how I feel about this yet tho... but I'm sure it will be good no matter who animates it

source: http://www.clamp-net.com/works/headl...#tsubasa_0504a go down to where it says:
ツバサ -RESERvoir CHRoNiCLE- and then to where it says 2005 April (4) TV Animation and click on the link there. It says: アニメーション制作:ビィートレイン
Translated= Animation Production: Bee Train
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 04:07   Link #7
wao
OK.

When I read the news I made a HUGE double take...

BEE-TRAIN? Animating TSUBASA?! *jaw drops*

I know I'm overreacting but still... I've always had the impression of Bee-Train doing odd, more not-really-mainstream anime, more adult-oriented anime like Madlax and Noir and all of that...

Though if one thinks of it the art style of what I've seen of Tsubasa would fit the style of the character designers at Bee Train fairly well (they seem to use the same character designers most of hte time)...

Seeing that the anime is fairly popular and will be airing on a fairly popular network at I think a fairly good time to say the least, I'm pretty sure BeeTrain will be given a fairly good budget, right?

Maybe we can see some really awesome eps...

Hmm, BeeTrain doing a CLAMP series and it's parent Production I.G. doing a CLAMP movie. What happened to Madhouse?!
Old 2004-12-01, 09:58   Link #8
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... will Yuki Kajiura do the music? that'd be great
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 10:45   Link #9
wao
OK.

Moon Phase seems to have updated by saying Koichi Mashimo is going to direct the TV series. Is this a rumour or is it confirmed?

The WTF meter is hitting fairly high...

And if they throw in Yuki Kajiura music, even though I'm not a CLAMP fan I'm going to have to watch just to see how the hell it's going to turn out. If the music is like from Mai-HiME then it'll be okay, but can you imagine gloomy chanting music, and people staring at each other for ages (until you get lost in their eyes... woo...) and then after that we can have all the gun-toting babes and of course no blood (actually the alst point is possible...)...

What the hell man...
Old 2004-12-01, 13:01   Link #10
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Hey, CLAMP rocks. Eh whatever, Sakura, Syaoran are in it, so yay! CCS finally gets the kinda pusedo-sequel it deserves.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 13:32   Link #11
Pandora
Poisoned

Oh, it would be fun to see if they are able to track down all those seiyuu who have ever voiced for Clamp characters and have them do the voice for their Tsubasa reincarnations. Ha ha ha...

Somehow, it's a bit weird to see that BeeTrain will be responsible for animating it. Never would've guessed that. Perhaps BeeTrain is trying to break out of their shell? See Meine Liebe...

Hmm, it will be even more weird if Kajiura Yuki will be the one responsible for the music. Clamp and Kajiura Yuki just don't seem to mix very well.
Pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 16:24   Link #12
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Okay, all someone has to do is mention "Bee Train/Mashimo is doing this" and I somehow find my way on to this thread...

Can someone point me to an English overview (w/ pics would be cool!) of just what the heck Tsubasa/CLAMP is? Can't say I've ever heard of it before...

/lives in a cave
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:24   Link #13
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5
Okay, all someone has to do is mention "Bee Train/Mashimo is doing this" and I somehow find my way on to this thread...

Can someone point me to an English overview (w/ pics would be cool!) of just what the heck Tsubasa/CLAMP is? Can't say I've ever heard of it before...

/lives in a cave
Three(?) women make up CLAMP, which is basically a creative team that writes manga. A lot of their work has a shoujo bend towards it and they've been responsible for titles like Magic Knight Ray Earth (Magic Girls and Mecha), Chobits, Card Captor Sakura (a very subtle parody of the magic girl genre and IMHO the best freakin' magic girl series ever), and X.

Tsubasa is, I believe, their latest manga creation, a friend of mine actually has the first two volumes, but I haven't been able to read them what with essays due soon and all.

Tsubasa brings back many classic CLAMP characters together in an AU universe. Syaoran, Sakura, Yukito, and Touya from CCS appear. Mokona from Magic Knight Ray Earth appears as well, to fill the cute thing role.

I don't really know much about the story, but there's traveling between dimensions and some weird looking creatures that a remind of of Pokemon.
Old 2004-12-02, 04:09   Link #14
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Three(?) women make up CLAMP, which is basically a creative team that writes manga.
Err.. from what I remember it's four: Satsuki Igarashi, Nanase Ohkawa, Mick Nekoi, and Mokona Apapa.

*goes off to read the manga version*
Old 2004-12-02, 14:40   Link #15
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis
Err.. from what I remember it's four: Satsuki Igarashi, Nanase Ohkawa, Mick Nekoi, and Mokona Apapa.

*goes off to read the manga version*

Oh yes, oopps my bad.

Something i just remembered, CLAMP is also quite famous for creating series that break the sterotypes that are found in genres.

i.e. in CCS Sakura's requestite cute magic animal companion, is a foul mouthed, greedy, tempermental stuffed doll. The requesite handsome bishounen that fights by her side, is a foul tempered young man, who competes with Sakura over the same love interest.
Old 2004-12-02, 15:08   Link #16
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5

/lives in a cave
Here are a few galleries of Cardcaptor Sakura pictures (since Tsubasa has the same main characters, this should give you a good idea of what they look like):

Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 19:41   Link #17
Tsukishirou

OMG! OMG! OMG!

This is the anime I´ve been waiting for (now only xxxholic and Death Note )

I wish it were Mad House :/ with FMA or CCS type animation, I downloaded Uninhabited Planet Survive just cause I tought something was familiar.
I don´t know that bee or whatever animation house, I just can pray :/

But Tsubasa is so great ^_^ , I´m up to chapter 5 and it is awsome, at the start with the CCS characters in the desert that gives a "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance" feel (with all same characters of CCS but in a fantasy desert like setting), also starts with Sakura having a weird dream, then it goes to other guy in another world that looks like Naruto (fighting ninjas in a roof, forehead protector etc), then to the 3rd guy with Chi in somewhere that looks like Magic Knight Rayearth. After all that ending in a world that looks like ours with high buildings and all.

With all the world switching it also reminded me of Kingdom Hearts.

I really hope it´s more than 26 eps though :/, that seems a little too short, I hope at least 70, but anything above 26 is good for me (I´ve seen uo to volume 8 in Tsutaya)

</overexitement senseless writing>
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 19:55   Link #18
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukishirou
OMG! OMG! OMG!

This is the anime I´ve been waiting for (now only xxxholic and Death Note )

I wish it were Mad House :/ with FMA or CCS type animation, I downloaded Uninhabited Planet Survive just cause I tought something was familiar.
I don´t know that bee or whatever animation house, I just can pray :/
FMA was made by BONES, not Madhouse. Incidentally, they too have animated a CLAMP series--Angelic Layer.

Bee Train's previous works include .hack//SIGN, Noir and Madlax; you've probably heard of, if not seen, at least one of those series. They are known for having a very distinctive and easily recognizable style, both visually and in terms of overall presentation, but have broken away from that occasionally; exceptions include Arc the Lad and the currently-ongoing show Meine Liebe. Meine Liebe is their first shoujo anime.

I'm also waiting (wishing, hoping, praying, etc.) for Death Note.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 01:26   Link #19
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

You kind say this is stupid, but if you ask me, I wish that either the opening or ending theme for the upcoming Tsubasa ~Reservoir Chrnonicles~ series may be done by Ali Project.

Bee Train production's + Ali Project = Awesome music themes that bend well.

For example,

Coppelia no Hitsugi --> Noir's Op Theme.
Gesshoku Grand Guignol --> Avenger's Op Theme.

Fantastic songs performed by Ali Project.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 02:09   Link #20
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

I am very excited over this. Syaoran kicks ass in this series =p. Once he masters his sword it will be total ownage. I hope that do a lot more cameos than the ones they have done so far in the manga. I was so happy to see that that X TV couple actually get to be together after what happened tothem in their own series. That made my day when I read it.

I wonder who will sub this series. Or do you think it willbe prelicensed? I dont think there is any group still around that fansubbed a clamp series. Ithink they all died 0_0
Wadjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen