AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-17, 20:04   Link #1
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Sci-Fi Harry

Couldnt find a thread about this so thought id make one. If there is one sorry but for those of you who dont know its a Korean anime.

Plot Summary: Harry McQuinn has always been an outcast at his school. One day started out no different than normal, except a classmate named Catherine stood up for him when the local buillies were ragging on him. She gets Harry to open up to her and is amazed when Harry shows her his unique ability of telekinesis, the ability to move things with his mind. Catherine is amazed at this ability. Unfortunately, Harry doesn't realize his powers have a dangerous side-affect to them: Everytime he uses them, someone close to him dies.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1016
Old 2006-09-17, 22:15   Link #2
Sakuya
*Artist

So, did anybody like the first episode? I've already got a supernatural anime to watch right now (Night Head Genesis) so I'm not sure if I should pick this one up, too.
Old 2006-09-18, 07:48   Link #3
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This title probably is darker than Night Head Genesis. The first episode was okay. Harry isn't your "normal" male anime type so this title is definitely unique.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-18, 14:27   Link #4
v1cious

i am so glad someone is finally translating this. in fact this should be under "Fansubs", because STA had 5 years to do something with this license, and they didn't.

anyways i've read the manga, and it gets WAY better down the line. it seems like they toned down the violence, but we'll see what happens later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
So, did anybody like the first episode? I've already got a supernatural anime to watch right now (Night Head Genesis) so I'm not sure if I should pick this one up, too.
Sci Fi Harry is by Jouji "George" Ida, the same guy who made Night Head Genesis.

Last edited by v1cious; 2006-09-19 at 23:00.
Old 2006-09-18, 14:35   Link #5
lommm
l'homme de lommm

@ Sakuya: you know that Sci Fi Harry is from the same mangaka as Night Head Genesis, right?
Old 2006-09-20, 01:40   Link #6
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
@ Sakuya: you know that Sci Fi Harry is from the same mangaka as Night Head Genesis, right?
Actually, no. I watched the first episode and it sounds interesting but the character designs and the noses make me not want to watch it. The colors look very nice (and glossy) but the design is just urksome. But I think this kind of style might make an English dub sound more natural. I think it's my first time seeing someone with freckles in anime.

By the way, this is licensed? Never heard of "Super Techno Arts".
Old 2006-09-20, 02:20   Link #7
ZODDGUTS

Am I the only person that has the sudden urge to beat up Harry? God his so pathetic lol even Shinji from Eva would soooooo bully him.
Old 2006-09-20, 11:43   Link #8
v1cious

Quote:
Actually, no. I watched the first episode and it sounds interesting but the character designs and the noses make me not want to watch it. The colors look very nice (and glossy) but the design is just urksome. But I think this kind of style might make an English dub sound more natural. I think it's my first time seeing someone with freckles in anime.

they licensed it 5 years ago, and never did anything with it. same with "Shadow"
Old 2006-09-20, 16:11   Link #9
Sakuya
*Artist

Oh, this is an old anime? I thought it was part of the fall 2006 line-up. Oh well.
Old 2006-09-20, 19:46   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Oh, this is an old anime? I thought it was part of the fall 2006 line-up. Oh well.
Original air dates were 2000-10-06 to 2001-03-23

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-09-20, 20:33   Link #11
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
I have their Jojo's Bizarre Adventure DVD release. Here is their production "history":

-+ http://www.supertechnoarts.com/p_h.html

Home page with company profile:

-+ http://www.supertechnoarts.com/
Old 2006-09-23, 01:42   Link #12
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS
Am I the only person that has the sudden urge to beat up Harry? God his so pathetic lol even Shinji from Eva would soooooo bully him.
Yeah he's quite pathethic. No idea why that girl would like him. Not sure if I'm still going to continue watching this series after I saw ep1. The character animations kinda turn me off. I know I'm just nitpicking but I can't stand the sharpe pointy noses on the characters especially Harry's. I do however find the story fascinating as I did with Night Head Genesis.
Old 2006-10-21, 11:36   Link #13
pathhawk

Wow just finished watching this. Talk about a weird ending.
Old 2006-10-21, 16:23   Link #14
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathhawk View Post
Wow just finished watching this. Talk about a weird ending.
yeah no kidding, i have no idea what the hell happened. it seems like
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-13, 14:15   Link #15
Nvenya

Is the ending of the anime in the manga? I was reading about the manga somewhere else a bit ago and remembered that the end of the story was different in the manga. Is this true?

The anime's ending seemed really confusing and just seemed to create more questions rather than answers.

Last edited by xris; 2007-03-13 at 15:45.
Old 2007-03-14, 20:14   Link #16
zka

Spoiler:

Loved the series as it was really unique in a way ( at least for me ).

9/10
Old 2007-05-20, 04:23   Link #17
SinsI

Can somebody explain what was that "Accuser" thing?
The version I saw was very lously translated, so I didn't understand what was it all about in the end.
P.S. is STA even active?
Old 2008-08-28, 11:59   Link #18
LifeILL

Wow...talk about randomly finding an anime you know nothing about...and surprising the heck out of you.

I just finished watching the third episode...and it was freaking amazing...one of the best anime episodes I've seen in a long time.

I couldn't that there was so much going on, and how everything was developed in such a short time.

The tension in the last couple of minutes is up there with Death Note.....

I wonder how many people Harry has killed already? Like 50 so far?

Anyways, if any of you were turned off by the 1st episode....keep going....it gets much much better by the second episode.
Old 2008-08-28, 12:50   Link #19
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Can something like this still be considered Licensed when the parent company is out of business for so long?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Closed Thread