AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-09, 15:45   Link #401
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If anything, a monthly serialization just means that they may have more pages than weekly releases. And that might just be an if.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:42   Link #402
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the problem is that C.C serves as a very poor character to drive any given story beyond serving as a geass dispenser
she's simply too passive and indifferent to be a focus character
which means that unless she is paired with another "lelouch-like" character, the story wont go anywhere

and given that she says that she's never met anyone like lelouch before....
That's going way too far blade, I felt C.C had a very strong character for most of the series beyond this seeming passivity or indifference you seem to apply, when she chose to be she was often times assertive and blunt, providing a strong pillar of support throughout the series for Lelouch as his partner and advisor through the wisdom of her experience and analysis of the world, at the same time displaying a far more softer side that presented a jaded sort of innocence coupled with hundreds of years worth of cynicism.

In any event, I look forward to seeing her return and learning more about her history alongside the history for the rest of the series as well
Old 2009-12-09, 16:50   Link #403
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Don't know if it means anything to the thread, but sometimes names mean more than what they are...
Spoiler for Name explaination paragraph:

C.C. will probably be the catalyst again, unless it's far enough back that her personality is slightly less passive than what it is in the modern Geass world. I'm hoping she plays a little more direct role in the plot, in my personal opinion. But not enough to steal the spot light, of course.

...Agh, man. I hope they don't retcon the "Haven't met anyone like you" thing.

Hopes are that it's a little more than rebellion this time around-- I'd like to hear more about the fictional history behind Geass rather than have them revamp the rebellion story.
It's times like these I wish I paid more attention in the Asian units in Social Studies. (The history in itself is fascinating, from what I remember. Miss Chinese in particular.)

I think it depends on how Renya's personality is made that will see how far C.C. goes as a character, and where the plot leads. If Code Geass was done from the view of Suzaku, it'd be done a little differently. If Renya is like both Lelouch and Suzaku, then this is going to hit the fan pretty fast in terms of inverse collapse. (In a good, chaotic way.)
Old 2009-12-09, 16:51   Link #404
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
except that the development you get during code geass, is NOT going to apply to the character you get in the prequel
what you're going to get should, in theory, would be the same C.C that you have at the start of season 1
the kind that IS apathetic and passive
simply because, this is before Lelouch made her feel like living again

unless this happens VERY soon after she gets her code
in which case, why would she be giving geass to the protegonist, since she's not tired of life yet
Old 2009-12-09, 17:02   Link #405
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
except that the development you get during code geass, is NOT going to apply to the character you get in the prequel
what you're going to get should, in theory, would be the same C.C that you have at the start of season 1

in which case, why would she be giving geass to the protegonist, since she's not tired of life yet
It looked to me, about the time she got her Geass, it was 1400 AD or 1500 AD. If the Edo Period started about 1603, it's about 103/203 years after she killed crazy psycho nun. 2018 - 1450 would be about 568 years.
Old 2009-12-09, 17:47   Link #406
KrimzonStriker

Quote:

Ah, but you must ask yourself this then. What set her on towards her personality becoming like that? And has she also not displayed times where she did act outside of the character you described. Her time with Mao is a very good indication of that, so who knows what else she may have been like in the past? She wasn't by her nature born like that in the beginning either. Significant moments had to have taken place in order to build C.C up to who she is, and I believe this new manga will be one such example of a significant moment, both for C.C and the CG universe as a whole. In which case, we can't really say what kind of character she was at that time until we see it, nor exactly what kind of impact she'll have either. In any event, I still found her to be an endearing character even towards the beginning of Season 1. Nothing you've stated so far has debunked the qualities I described she had before, nor somehow diminishes her ability to play a strong role in the story beyond this apparent plot point of Geass you're boxing her into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
It looked to me, about the time she got her Geass, it was 1400 AD or 1500 AD. If the Edo Period started about 1603, it's about 103/203 years after she killed crazy psycho nun. 2018 - 1450 would be about 568 years.
Add about 50 years to that 2018 time-line you have going on since we have to account for the transition to the Ascension Throne Britannia calender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
C.C. will probably be the catalyst again, unless it's far enough back that her personality is slightly less passive than what it is in the modern Geass world. I'm hoping she plays a little more direct role in the plot, in my personal opinion. But not enough to steal the spot light, of course.

...Agh, man. I hope they don't retcon the "Haven't met anyone like you" thing.

Hopes are that it's a little more than rebellion this time around-- I'd like to hear more about the fictional history behind Geass rather than have them revamp the rebellion story.
It's times like these I wish I paid more attention in the Asian units in Social Studies. (The history in itself is fascinating, from what I remember. Miss Chinese in particular.)

I think it depends on how Renya's personality is made that will see how far C.C. goes as a character, and where the plot leads. If Code Geass was done from the view of Suzaku, it'd be done a little differently. If Renya is like both Lelouch and Suzaku, then this is going to hit the fan pretty fast in terms of inverse collapse. (In a good, chaotic way.)
That said, I'm getting way too many Rolo Vi Britannia vibes from the long-haired Lelouch lookalike, which makes me wonder if this character will have a similar personality/role in the story to Renya as Rolo played to Lelouch and Nunnally back in the NoN series.

Another point I'd like to make is the description of the story being akin to Macbeth, not very descriptive but I imagine it will not be ending on the best of notes given our knowledge of what happens in the present Code Geass time-line, so I think any rehash of 'haven't met anyone like you line' this time around.
Old 2009-12-09, 19:12   Link #407
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
That's going way too far blade, I felt C.C had a very strong character for most of the series beyond this seeming passivity or indifference you seem to apply, when she chose to be she was often times assertive and blunt, providing a strong pillar of support throughout the series for Lelouch as his partner and advisor through the wisdom of her experience and analysis of the world, at the same time displaying a far more softer side that presented a jaded sort of innocence coupled with hundreds of years worth of cynicism.

In any event, I look forward to seeing her return and learning more about her history alongside the history for the rest of the series as well
I completely agree with your statement about C.C.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:41   Link #408
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Heck yeah CC's past.

And possible implications of a reincarnation cycle, but maybe that's just my fanfiction wishes talking.

In any case, I'm excited.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:55   Link #409
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Wait, so that Suzaku look-alike is Renya, a new protagnoist... and the Lelouch look-alike isn't Lelouch... and this manga is canon and set in the same world as Lelouch of the Rebellion?

Well, I just went from slightly disappointed to beyond thrilled.

So, since Renya looks like Suzaku and Renya and CC meet, who wants to bet that Renya is Suzaku's ancestor and we'll finally get an explanation as to why CC flipped out in Episode 22 of the first season of Lelouch of the Rebellion and was all "I just need to know one thing, are you-" to Suzaku.

I always assumed they were going to make Suzaku have some supernatural connection to CC, but maybe she just realized he is of the same bloodline as Renya and that is very important.

Didn't they say that Renya of the Dark is going to tell two stories set in two different eras? We only know one of them is going to be in the Edo era. Maybe the other will be set after Lelouch of the Rebellion, and CC has to do something involving Suzaku because of whatever happened with Renya. Just speculation, although I'm not really thrilled about that idea. I kinda want Renya of the Dark to have as little connection with the characters and eventual plot of Lelouch of the Rebellion as possible. I'd be happy just getting some answers about what CC was going on about with Suzaku. It's always bugged me.

Oh, I'm so excited now.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:58   Link #410
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Add about 50 years to that 2018 time-line you have going on since we have to account for the transition to the Ascension Throne Britannia calender
Ah, man. Haha, I guess I need to, don't I?

Quote:
That said, I'm getting way too many Rolo Vi Britannia vibes from the long-haired Lelouch lookalike, which makes me wonder if this character will have a similar personality/role in the story to Renya as Rolo played to Lelouch and Nunnally back in the NoN series.
I only read part of NoN, which makes me wonder where you see this at-- but I bet not!Lelouch will cause all sorts of problems for Renya and Reifu C.C. . If he does have a similar role, he'll probably be tightly knitted to Reifu. (Is it okay to call her that, do you think? Or should we still stick to C.C.?)

Whatever it is, I hope he's not a fodder villain like Charles was. (In my opinion...)

Quote:
Another point I'd like to make is the description of the story being akin to Macbeth, not very descriptive but I imagine it will not be ending on the best of notes given our knowledge of what happens in the present Code Geass time-line, so I think any rehash of 'haven't met anyone like you line' this time around.
If it ends tragically, all the more power to Taniguchi- I, for once, am looking forward to a totally terrible ending for the characters. Not out of spite, but it adds to the drama.
I'm also wondering if it's a given that Reifu will end up again on the road?

If they do decide to do it again, then I'm guessing that Renya's personality different enough from Lelouch's that, when she meets Lelouch, can say there's a difference.

Last edited by Worriors1; 2009-12-09 at 22:02. Reason: Screwed this all the crap up.
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:58   Link #411
ncrushx

That's correct.

Renya is Suzaku.
Reifū is C2. Reifū Shizuka
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 22:09   Link #412
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post

So, since Renya looks like Suzaku and Renya and CC meet, who wants to bet that Renya is Suzaku's ancestor and we'll finally get an explanation as to why CC flipped out in Episode 22 of the first season of Lelouch of the Rebellion and was all "I just need to know one thing, are you-" to Suzaku.

I always assumed they were going to make Suzaku have some supernatural connection to CC, but maybe she just realized he is of the same bloodline as Renya and that is very important.
I'll make a bet there that you're right. It'd make sense that if Renya was some sort of hero that managed to be an ancestor to Suzaku, it'd make it clearer why Suzaku had crazy mad physical prowess in the show.
Unless the reason why Renya was so good is because he had Geass-- it can't be passed down... But I guess the ability to manifest and use it better can? I'm not sure.
Old 2009-12-09, 22:16   Link #413
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Any news today? They were supposed to say more in Newtype on the 10th right?
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 22:50   Link #414
ncrushx

I hope we get to learn why C2 kept saying the word, "solitude."
Old 2009-12-09, 22:52   Link #415
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:

aosdh;askghlasdhasdg

please let this happen please please this is what I've wanted since foreverrrrr.

aioshgsdg it is ridiculous how excited I am.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 23:00   Link #416
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Wait, so that Suzaku look-alike is Renya, a new protagnoist... and the Lelouch look-alike isn't Lelouch... and this manga is canon and set in the same world as Lelouch of the Rebellion?

Well, I just went from slightly disappointed to beyond thrilled.

Didn't they say that Renya of the Dark is going to tell two stories set in two different eras? We only know one of them is going to be in the Edo era. Maybe the other will be set after Lelouch of the Rebellion, and CC has to do something involving Suzaku because of whatever happened with Renya. Just speculation, although I'm not really thrilled about that idea. I kinda want Renya of the Dark to have as little connection with the characters and eventual plot of Lelouch of the Rebellion as possible. I'd be happy just getting some answers about what CC was going on about with Suzaku. It's always bugged me.

Oh, I'm so excited now.
You bring up a good point about episode 22 when C.C. interacts with Suzaku. The supernatural connection might indeed be because of Renya, if Suzaku is his descendant. They look almost identical so it's safe to say that they are related by blood. Knowing Taniguchi, we can expect a lot of connections to Lelouch of the Rebellion within the Renya of the Blackness era.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 23:02   Link #417
ncrushx

He probably put that on purpose ahead of time in the anime?

Anybody think about that?

So, doens't that confirm there will be a new Code Geass anime?
Old 2009-12-09, 23:17   Link #418
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
No. That confirms there's a new Code Geass manga. >>
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 23:24   Link #419
Laurcus
The black angel

Honestly this all seems to fit into place WAY too well for me. Maybe this is wishfull thinking on my part, but some kind of cycle of rebirth sounds like what they're hinting at. Seems like a forshadowing to me.

With the turn 22 thing with Suzaku, and the fact that Renya and the Lelouch look alike look so much like the real Suzaku and Lelouch. Not to mention the thing with Shirley saying she'll be reborn. And there's the picture of Lelouch that says Revival Re:advent on it.

IT ALL ADDS UP!!!......or maybe I need to stop thinking crazy thoughts right before bed. Either way we at least have an interesting set of circumstances. It could just as easily be explained in a different way, but it still makes me think.
Old 2009-12-09, 23:42   Link #420
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
Honestly this all seems to fit into place WAY too well for me. Maybe this is wishfull thinking on my part, but some kind of cycle of rebirth sounds like what they're hinting at. Seems like a forshadowing to me.

With the turn 22 thing with Suzaku, and the fact that Renya and the Lelouch look alike look so much like the real Suzaku and Lelouch. Not to mention the thing with Shirley saying she'll be reborn. And there's the picture of Lelouch that says Revival Re:advent on it.

IT ALL ADDS UP!!!......or maybe I need to stop thinking crazy thoughts right before bed. Either way we at least have an interesting set of circumstances. It could just as easily be explained in a different way, but it still makes me think.
Can't say it's not a possibility-- I've always wondered if there was anything beyond what C.C. meant when she said "This is where those people (That I've met) remain."
Maybe C.C. is an accidental cause and effect, and her existence and pulling people in the Geass cycle is what causes a hiccup in time, IE why Renya and Suzaku are so similar in appearance, why Lelouch and the look-like seem so similar.

That'd be a fascinating plot- this is a good batch of speculations so far, imo.

Tags
drama, mecha