AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-19, 18:58   Link #261
AndrewR5D4

When you realize Emilia was an insecure mess who lacked talent and instead clung to her blood status to fuel her own ego... She only taught because it was the one thing she didn't suck at. After losing the one thing that made her feel special she assumed everybody hated her because she wasn't a Royal anymore, only to conclude it as only her own insecurities making her feel hated, and she was simply viewing herself through others.

I recall in the light novels she mentioned she couldn't go back to her family in her current state. Odd she would say that, since her father was one of Anos' most faithful supporters. Since Elio doesn't care about blood status, he'd have taken her back (and given her a job so she didn't have to live in the streets).
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-19, 23:37   Link #262
Lex79

Anos: becoming a god? That would be a downgrade.
Old 2024-04-26, 12:03   Link #263
Frontier

Honestly Erdomaid has really grown on me this season, throwing the Hero Academy brats at some dragons that easily kill them off and leave them sprawling on the ground dead comedically on repeat. Of course the rest of the class has to deal with these dragons too in a game of "tag" while Emilia hopelessly tries to act like a proper teacher, but that's just how things roll .

The Anos Fangirls were waiting this whole time just to see Anoshu manage to fell dragons with just a glare, but he wants to see the source of these dragons as Anos alongside the Necrom sisters...bringing them to the underground city of Gaelahesta. But what they're really looking for is the place of battle for the Judgement Selection, Everastantzetta .

Call him a Heretic if you like, but Anos was chosen to compete to become a God all the same, and it seems like he might have an inkling who chose him...though he's got plenty of competition. But first, research !

So dragons ate a bunch of peoples' sources and birthed children that became the Dragonkin and the ancestors of the underground denizens? There's also a bunch of dragon nations at war with each other? I wonder how this all comes together and how it ties to Militia's prophecy ?

Gazel voiced by Tomokazu Sugita! Alongside his God of Restoration Nutra (whose basically naked save for her winding hair covering her naughty bits), he challenges Anos !

Of course did you really think Anos would let summon one pull off a summoning spell in front of him? Or that a God that could restore everything couldn't get overwhelmed by their own restoration power? Or that Anos isn't fast enough to be faster than the speed of light? Or that he couldn't kill a God? It's just a regular Friday for Anos .

Good to know for future reference to give your ring to Arcana before she cuts it off...and Ahide's plan is to have her absorb the Gods of all the defeated participants (who will inevitably be defeated by Anos) to make them more powerful. And as if to add insult to injury Gazel gets excommunicated and tries to kill himself to be with his God...only to be saved by Arcana and then killed by Ahide anyways .

Arcana may seem detached by she seems genuinely merciful and reasonable, she's only with Ahide because she found him "hopeless" and she's not caught up in her status as a God either. But what is she after? Misha realizes there's something she's been craving for as if caught in a desert without water, but what ?

Well...glad to see the class' session with the dragons went well! But it looks like Anos' next opponent is at a human palace .
Old 2024-04-26, 18:07   Link #264
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
My condolences to that goddess Nutra. Already had her hands full dealing with Anos' attack and then that idiot added fuel to the fire and got her taken out. Really sucks when you align yourself with a moron .

Anos remains hilariously OP. No real threats to him as always, but he finds entertaining ways to score his wins so that's fine.

Nice little trip underground with Misha and Sasha. As usual it honestly only feels like the story has some use for Misha with Sasha just there for the heck of it. At most she's really just there to have someone to retort to the craziness going on around them .
Old 2024-04-26, 18:23   Link #265
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm finding it hard to be invested in this new arc. Feels like everyone except Anos is getting side-lined. The only remaining appeal of the show is to see Anos effortlessly wreck his arrogant opponents.
Old 2024-04-26, 20:03   Link #266
Frontier

Sometimes I feel like the Necrom sisters peaked when they fused together in season 1 (which they haven't done at all since then). Though Misha tends to get it a little better because she's the closest thing to a Main Heroine (even though ostensibly she and her sister kind of share that role).
Old 2024-04-27, 03:04   Link #267
Lex79

Did you really think going at the speed of light would make you faster than me? Anos never disappoints.
Old 2024-04-28, 13:16   Link #268
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm finding it hard to be invested in this new arc. Feels like everyone except Anos is getting side-lined. The only remaining appeal of the show is to see Anos effortlessly wreck his arrogant opponents.
I mean, that was most of what made season 1 so good wasn't it?

Well, jokes aside, I kind of agree with you that it's getting a bit hard to stay invested in the show but not so much because of this season, more about last one. The previous season become so inscrutable that I watched it twice and I'm pretty sure I still don't understand most of what happened. While the current one doesn't seem to be that bad so far, I'm now constantly afraid that it's going to step on the accelerator pedal and leave me to dust again.
Old 2024-04-28, 13:44   Link #269
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I mean, that was most of what made season 1 so good wasn't it?

Well, jokes aside, I kind of agree with you that it's getting a bit hard to stay invested in the show but not so much because of this season, more about last one. The previous season become so inscrutable that I watched it twice and I'm pretty sure I still don't understand most of what happened. While the current one doesn't seem to be that bad so far, I'm now constantly afraid that it's going to step on the accelerator pedal and leave me to dust again.
I'm already trying hard to pay attention to all this lore/dynamics with the Gods...
Old 2024-04-28, 15:33   Link #270
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Did you really think going at the speed of light would make you faster than me? Anos never disappoints.
For me personally, a line like this every week is enough for me to keep watching
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 12:04   Link #271
Frontier

I didn't think Sasha could get any cuter until she starts freaking out over ghosts. Especially when Zeshia scares her. I was half-expecting her to level the entire area .

First the students learned to escape a dragon, now they have to learn how to subdue one with barrier magic! And it lets Emilia show off that even someone like her can use Hero Magic! Provided her class doesn't throw off by commenting on her appearance in their heads. Though at least they think she's young and hot .

I can't believe I'm actually feeling bad for the Hero Academy brats, but Zamiris comes back and once again rubs it in that their fakes and they've been having to grapple with the entire lives and identities being a lie this whole time. It's no wonder they have a bad attitude. But it's the perfect excuse for Emilia to slap some sense into them and properly scold them as their teacher .

Emilia and Anoshu really do have a nice dynamic (even if it's because she has no idea who Anoshu really is), and it means a lot that Anoshu acknowledges Emilia's efforts and realizes she can get through to these kids as a teacher .

Lay and Misa get the royal treatment and even meet a king...too bad said king has sold his kingdom out and is part of the God Selection, and had his entire family eaten by a dragon. Jeez. Though while he's got discount Fate/Zero Berserker on his side, he doesn't hold a candle to Lay and Misa's bod !

Uh oh! Dragon attack! But it's a great opportunity for Emilia to really act the part of a teacher and defend her students, willing to go out sacrificing herself if it meant finally being a true teacher to the bitter end...but the Hero Academy kids won't let her die without a fight. Because when everyone else gave up on them, she was the only one who was willing to be their teacher and accept them as who they are, Fake Heroes or otherwise, and what real Hero would abandon someone like that ?

And with those collective feelings, Emilia is able to bring their magic together to defeat the dragon! And in the end she's truly settled into being their teacher and doing a proper job of it! And Anoshu was with her the whole time and is proud of her !
Old 2024-05-03, 14:53   Link #272
Lex79

We didn't get much of Anos in this episode but Emilia's character growth was nice.
Old 2024-05-03, 15:12   Link #273
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a fairly classic way to go, but it's fine. Putting together a bunch of questionable people and having them bond can work just fine. It was always a given when Anos talked about what she'd get if she succeeded that she'd never actually go back home. So needed an episode like this to build the bond between teacher and students. They are all messed up and are fitting to be together .

And hey it continues Emilia's arc nicely. Honestly it's one of the better ongoing character arcs in the show.

The King being utter scum is sadly not a surprise...What a psycho. Also yeah I suppose if you expect to win immortality who needs a generation to succeed you ? Can't wait for that loser to get what's coming to him!
Old 2024-05-03, 16:50   Link #274
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's a fairly classic way to go, but it's fine. Putting together a bunch of questionable people and having them bond can work just fine. It was always a given when Anos talked about what she'd get if she succeeded that she'd never actually go back home. So needed an episode like this to build the bond between teacher and students. They are all messed up and are fitting to be together .

And hey it continues Emilia's arc nicely. Honestly it's one of the better ongoing character arcs in the show.

The King being utter scum is sadly not a surprise...What a psycho. Also yeah I suppose if you expect to win immortality who needs a generation to succeed you ? Can't wait for that loser to get what's coming to him!
I don't know if I'd go that far but I think there's a chance that Anos will give her the choice and she'll decide to stay at the Hero Academy instead.
Old 2024-05-03, 18:12   Link #275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess it pays off to complain, this episode was exactly what I've been wanting to see. Great character development for Emilia, and Lay and Misa are now getting involved in the main plot. Hope Misha and Sasha will get their time in the spotlight soon as well, especially Sasha. She hasn't done anything of note since S1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't know if I'd go that far but I think there's a chance that Anos will give her the choice and she'll decide to stay at the Hero Academy instead.
Her character arc is 100% going to end with Anos telling her she's earned the right to be turned back into a Royal and her turning him down.
Old Yesterday, 15:05   Link #276
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Season 3, or "This Woman Who Once Tried to Kill My Mother Can't Be This Cute!"
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon king, harem