AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-02, 16:25   Link #2081
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Chapter 7 BD should be arriving for those that preordered it. Now is just the wait for Funimation's second half of Star Blaxers 2202 set to come out and some kind of concert in October.
Old 2019-05-08, 18:26   Link #2082
Korol

i wonder what happen to the other cometines after the earth-gatlantis war like been didnt affected by the golem device might been finding their own planet like berth where captain ram been hailed on this planet as they.re part of the bolar federation for protection.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 18:36   Link #2083
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow did not understand the last episode at all.

So the ark is gone completely, but Yamato +Kodai, Yuki, & Teresa? ended up in another dimension or was that Teresa's dimension?

So did Teresa send back Yamato and Yamamoto or it kind of just went back on its own?

So now that Kodai & Yuki are back the time fault is gone forever?

Is Teresa still onboard the Yamato or did she stay behind?
Old 2019-05-11, 21:08   Link #2084
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yamato's breaking wave motion engine created a portal/anchor for Teresa to the universe.
_sing the souls on Yamato she pushed the Ark all the way to the other side past her realm into a realm of souls. She left Yamato and what was left of her crew in her dimension, which is between the realms of life and death. Yamamoto took Yamato back to Earth via the Time Fault, as Yuki and Kodai hadn't made a choice of life or death yet.

Sanada and Todo use Ginga's Cosmo Reverse System to collape the Time Fault so it will shove a repaired Yamato back into Teresa's dimension to pick up Kodai and Yuki. Teresa that closes her dimension, letting Yamato back out the way it originally came in.
Old 2019-05-12, 07:03   Link #2085
Tiberium Wolf

So what happened to defeating Zordar scene?

Let's go to the other anime series and take out the scene where you defeat the last boss. Does it make sense?
Old 2019-05-19, 13:27   Link #2086
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yamato's breaking wave motion engine created a portal/anchor for Teresa to the universe.
_sing the souls on Yamato she pushed the Ark all the way to the other side past her realm into a realm of souls. She left Yamato and what was left of her crew in her dimension, which is between the realms of life and death. Yamamoto took Yamato back to Earth via the Time Fault, as Yuki and Kodai hadn't made a choice of life or death yet.

Sanada and Todo use Ginga's Cosmo Reverse System to collape the Time Fault so it will shove a repaired Yamato back into Teresa's dimension to pick up Kodai and Yuki. Teresa that closes her dimension, letting Yamato back out the way it originally came in.
thanks for clearing that up
Old 2019-05-19, 16:33   Link #2087
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
So what happened to defeating Zordar scene?

Let's go to the other anime series and take out the scene where you defeat the last boss. Does it make sense?
Like in the original, there isn't a direct defeating Zordar scene. Yamato breaks Gatlantis and storms the place ending the original threat. Than Zordar busts out the "unstoppable" engine of destuction and Yamato is already spent. In all versions, Kodai decided to have the crew abadon ship and take Yamato has the final weapon to try to end Zordar's last play. In all cases Terasa comes to help. Zordar's threat ends in a flash of light.

Only in Yamato 2 do you get to see him react to Terasa coming for him.

Yamato 2202 actually has an aftermath that deals with stuff that immediately happened. New Voyages was also an aftermath but it didn't linger on it much. It shows the survivors getting out of the hospital, a memorial at Hero's Hill (Kodai and Yuki putting their Marriage on hold for reasons even though it was suppose to happen in like a month), and Yamato having been fixed up. This follows with them getting new crew to replace their considerable losses.
Old 2019-05-20, 06:47   Link #2088
Korol

like tokugawa's kid gets transferred then other new black tiger pilots trained by Akira Yamamoto along with the old Black Tiger Aces unless Shiro Kato been joined freshly graduated just to honor his later older brother Saburo Kato if they pulled a Shiro Kato Card while the Space Marines been still on the Yamato Crew been adding more members aside from Shiori Nakagura and three of the Space Marines been remained.
Old 2019-05-21, 16:11   Link #2089
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Like in the original, there isn't a direct defeating Zordar scene. Yamato breaks Gatlantis and storms the place ending the original threat. Than Zordar busts out the "unstoppable" engine of destuction and Yamato is already spent. In all versions, Kodai decided to have the crew abadon ship and take Yamato has the final weapon to try to end Zordar's last play. In all cases Terasa comes to help. Zordar's threat ends in a flash of light.
What you say here is contradicting. You say "there isn't a direct defeating Zordar scene" and "Zordar's threat ends in a flash of light".

In the original Terasa vaporized Zordar's Dreadnought. They should have done something similar in here and leave the epilogue to an OVA if they didn't have time or space to make 1 more ep.
Old 2019-05-21, 23:35   Link #2090
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In all three versions Zordar ends in a flash of light. The film and 2202 end with that flash of light in the distance, while Yamato 2 has his ship turn to a flash a light up close. But Yamato itself doesn't defeat him in any version. Its always Teresa. There is no personal defeating him scene by Yamato or Kodai.

Yamato 2202 spend a lot of time to make itself more like an extend version of the original film than it did recreating Yamato 2 (the tv version).
Old 2019-06-03, 12:57   Link #2091
TZoli

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....st_id=74883653

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....st_id=75012173
TZoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-03, 23:10   Link #2092
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I posted most (not all) the rules I've been using for the Star Blazers Fleet Battle System game on another forum.

Mostly the changes and modifications I use for Conventions and the new stuff added for Yamato 2199 and Yamato 2202. (though I didn't get into everything)

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...#post-12572956
Old 2019-06-11, 04:51   Link #2093
Korol

Hmmm Any News on Yamato 2202 Sequel i was just asking since this place been ghost town while were always talking about it.
Old 2019-06-11, 06:08   Link #2094
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not yet. I imagine we might hear something about it at the concert in October.
Old 2019-06-11, 06:50   Link #2095
Korol

I can Imagine the enemies on that 2202 Sequel just some mass guessing either the
Spoiler for ":
just in my personal opinion.
Old 2019-06-11, 15:29   Link #2096
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Two of those are possible (one is iffy given how Yamato 2202 went).

They could also decide to ignore those races and either make up a new one, or have the story conflict be entirely centered around Gamilas/Iscandar/Earth in the aftermath of the war with Gatlantis. There are a lot of threads that can be picked up, with or without an external enemy threat to the three races. Could even conceivably be issues with some unknown Second-class citizen races within the Gamilas Empire. Either vying for independence, trying to overthrow the current government, or fighting against the return of Dessler to power.

The setup at the end of Yamato 2202 is basically in the perfect place to do a remake of the New Voyages. But they don't really want to do remakes, plus the situation is very different on Gamilas from how it was on the Original version. So I would make sense to make a story that starts off with the pieces in place, and then move based on how the situation is different. Possibly heading off into the direction of "finding a new homeworld for the Gamilas people" angle, which was the aftermath of New Voyages, and the backstory of Yamato III, but only seen in flashback.
Old 2019-06-11, 15:32   Link #2097
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korol View Post
I can Imagine the enemies on that 2202 Sequel just some mass guessing either the
Spoiler for ":
just in my personal opinion.
Considering the fact that we see automated ships in 2202 (the heavily computer controlled Andromedas) it stands to reason that we'll be seeing the Dark Nebula arc begin. Perhaps due to the disruption of the Galactic balance of power that Gatlantis may have caused due to their incursion.
Remember, Dessler's goal in 2199 was to bring peace to the Galaxy via force of arms, that seems to indicate that there are other stellar nations Garmillas is aware of that are hostile and powerful. The Bolar and Dark Nebula are the most likely candidates for that.
I hope there are some clones of Gatlantis that survived (fleets) and that Illuminas comes from them to tie into Captain Harlock (I realize Leiji Matsumoto may not allow that, but it would be a nice touch).
Old 2019-06-21, 22:29   Link #2098
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Something fan-made is coming for Comiket:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

More of the Second Battle of Mars.
Old 2019-06-22, 01:06   Link #2099
Korol

I wonder did captain avatar's son participated the second battle of mars since he was along with alex wildstar before the battle of pluto.
Old 2019-06-22, 01:59   Link #2100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And a second version of the same teaser with different scenes:
NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And if I recall the manga flashback correctly, yes Okita's son was at that battle, but I think that was were he died.