AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 10:43   Link #2961
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroBotan View Post
Yeah, I said relatively peaceful right ^^. She choose to run from Bisque and blackmail the coward fiancee instead of fighting the Bisque head on. There is some fight involved but nothing big.
That's Hugh and Dolitle. Bisque are those that tried to kill Marika because she has a pirate license during the race arc.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 11:32   Link #2962
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
That's Hugh and Dolitle. Bisque are those that tried to kill Marika because she has a pirate license during the race arc.
Ah, right XD !! I'm bad with names lol

yeah, that one was quite a fight ^^
Old 2012-06-08, 18:46   Link #2963
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
"We have to put the enemy to sleep. Coorie, tell them about your favorite flavor of pocky. Sandaime, start talking about how you got into teddy bears!"
The problem is those episodes predate the movie Hackers, so you couldn't make "Hack the Gibson!" references in regard to what they did the Borg.

Still, discussion of Teddy Bears would be a hilarious way to win a fight.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 19:20   Link #2964
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

the mysterious woman on the ship you imagine if she knows Misa? I told her because of her lipstick, which is the same as Misa same for her hair color. Therefore would be entitled to have a twin to Kane and possible knowledge of Misa? hahaha
Old 2012-06-08, 22:09   Link #2965
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
my first reaction when the hunter ship speeds up is Gundam's Trans-am, one of Kiritsugu's spells, & a certain geass powers.....
Thats my first reaction... Then becomes a boomerang like weapon.(Ships don't trans-am like that...) *Got hit by a big boomerang weapon from boss Justice... EXPLODES*

Is it just me, or that ship looks like a bigger version of Brave commander(minus the gun)?

I think it is good if we call the "I-Field" ships here... Oh wait we don't have 1 in this show.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-08 at 22:20.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 00:05   Link #2966
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
"We have to put the enemy to sleep. Coorie, tell them about your favorite flavor of pocky. Sandaime, start talking about how you got into teddy bears!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
The problem is those episodes predate the movie Hackers, so you couldn't make "Hack the Gibson!" references in regard to what they did the Borg.

Still, discussion of Teddy Bears would be a hilarious way to win a fight.
I would forgive them talking their way out of this mess if it were all about carebears and ponies!

Or maybe not, cos that would feed the bronies.

*ducks back into Whirlwinding around Whymsyshire*
Old 2012-06-09, 00:35   Link #2967
gaiar31

Marika Novel vol.1-7 restock print because in many shop is sold out!!!

Good news
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:13   Link #2968
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post

Marika Novel vol.1-7 restock print because in many shop is sold out!!!

Good news
Good news indeed!That's another factor that could lead a a second season being greenlit.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:23   Link #2969
justpassingby

Those books are restocks of the autographed editions of the novels by Sasamoto. It was posted by Shosen Book tower to notify the location of the books. Dunno about them being sold out at other shops

In other news (late, but as no one is posting this), Komatsu Mikako is set to perform at Animelo Summer (August 25th and 26th) [source]. The announcement in her radio program last Tuesday was funny

Also, the full list of songs for Mikako-shi's mini album, cosmic Expo, with the lyrics for M From... is written by the singer herself [link] Mikako-shi
Quote:
01.砂漠のタイムマシン
02.ジャスミンの風に
03.Black Holy
04.透明な夜空 ~瞬く星に包まれて~ 宇宙の海ver.
05.ユメノアリカ
06.Infinity Sky
07.未來航路
08.M From...
Spoiler for Translation:
In case I didn't post this, Marika basically means "Jasmine Scent"

Lastly, I think they should have translated the Bentenmaru engines A-Gou and Un-Gou (阿号、吽号) as Alpha and Omega :P. [link]

Edit:
From akiman's twitter
Spoiler for Click for higher resolution:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-06-09 at 09:34.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 09:39   Link #2970
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Good new all around! Here's to wishing for Pirates S2!!

~~~RED ALERT!~~~

I just realized that there's something very convenient about this current arc.

You see, a WHOLE BUNCH of pirate ships just got sunk. While I doubt most pirates ever get lucky, some do, or some just sleep around.

So let's say there's this family who was destroyed by a drunkard pirate captain. Mother hates their guts, drinks a lot, shoots a bunch, always in debt, you get the picture. Not so sure about the kid, but he might be a saint, or he's pretty messed-up. Let's go with messed up.

Now, cue some men in black rocking up to his middle school saying, "Son, you're a pirate. You now have 50 days to get a new ship, or this licence gets revoked."

Now, this incompetent pirate brat would NEVER have succeeded in this enterprise.

But then, for this lucky (or unlucky?) bastard, there's the one with the lobes for profit waiting in the wings.

And so, Doolittle makes him an offer he can't refuse. Rascal answers to her, but gets his own ship. And they both go pirating into deepspace while taking backstabs at each other.

Sounds like an epic fic premise, if the Producers do not use this in the future seasons.

What do you guys think?
Old 2012-06-09, 09:44   Link #2971
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Love? Pfttt. Darling, Ms. Dolittle has you so she can go pirating with her friends legally. Her love is and always will be Ms. Lambretta. You just need to accept that and enjoy the booty."
Old 2012-06-09, 09:51   Link #2972
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"Love? Pfttt. Darling, Ms. Dolittle has you so she can go pirating with her friends legally. Her love is and always will be Ms. Lambretta. You just need to accept that and enjoy the booty."
"Let's show them how pirates fight! RAMMING SPEED!!"
"Belay that order!"
"What?!"
"You heard me. Helm, get us out of here!"
"Now you listen, Ms. Doogoody. You may have provided this ship, but I'm still her captain!"
"We'll see about that."

*helm turns the star cruiser around and runs for it as ordered by the CEO*

"Remember, you're just an employee. My employee. You are nothing without me."
"..."

Ooooh this is tickling my plot bunnies.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:54   Link #2973
justpassingby

Spoiler:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-06-09 at 11:48.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 11:28   Link #2974
Midonin
Last Engage

Mobirates 23 - Within a Small Mast Are Big Dreams

So Ironbeard is the name of the masked dude, and everything was accomplished through holograms. I'm still guessing he's Marika's dad, but there's a few episodes for that to be proven right or wrong. The way he fended off the Grand Cross, with all those missiles and theatrics, was pretty awesome. That's always how I've thought of a pirate.

Even if Chiaki hadn't transferred in, she was such a big part of the main cast that people would've thought she attended Marika's school anyway. I also liked the duality going on with both Marika and the Legendary Chef being the next of their generation. The amount of worldbuilding going in these past two episodes is pretty impressive. I am curious about the Grand Cross' captain. She might not even be human, with hair and eyes like that.

The Bentenmaru might not survive its next fight, but next week should be exciting still.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 11:55   Link #2975
Utsuro no Hako

Ironbeard sure has style -- I bet the Parabellum has spinning hubcaps to go with the bass. Coorie refusing to turn the sound effects off because they're funny was great. Though the idea of using sound effects may sound silly, but the novelization of the original Star Wars did something similar, saying that the sound of ships and the pew-pew of lasers was done by computer so pilots would have better situational awareness.

I also liked the touch of the Parabellum firing missiles before beam weapons, but the beams reaching the enemy first.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 12:36   Link #2976
Dextro
He Without a Title

So, it looks like the next episode is clearly getting ready to setup up a sequel hum? Either that or it's going to be an extremely rushed ending.
Old 2012-06-09, 12:48   Link #2977
ookamigirl

Galactic Empire pirates enter the scene.
Those guys sure mean business.
That Ironbears' ship Parabellum was pretty impressive.
They also seem to pay a lot of attention to artistic scare approach.
Big Catch had her fare share of damage and casualties after that ordeal.
The rest of the episode was pretty much relaxing.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 13:08   Link #2978
EroKing

I'll just leave this here for Kanon-kun.
Old 2012-06-09, 13:58   Link #2979
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting info we got about the Galactic Empire.

They have their own pirates. No wonder it respects vassal states Letter of Marque. Gruier intel suggest the Empire is developing a brand new generation of warships with four contractor competing for it.

The Sea of Morningstar, System Alliance, Serenity Kingdom etc that we saw are pretty much the backwater compared to the Empire technologically.

From that we can guess one company went on combat testing on privateers of Marika's region of space. That ship would be the Grand Cross that the locals aren't privy to.

On the other hand Ironhand and the Parabellum was likely sent by the Empire to troubleshoot this potential political powder keg.

Vassal systems privateers uniting as their own space alliance are likely to disturb the peace. The Empire worked so hard to pacify that region a century ago.

My impression of the Galactic Empire is that of Baron Wulfenbach of Girl Genius over Europa. Stop fighting or I'll kick your ass with Death Rays and you'll have at least autonomy and prosperity.

Ironbeard is very Tony Stark-ish with his entrance. Of course he'd save the girl and be impressively mysterious at the same time.

Though I don't think he raised any flags as mama Ririka didn't raise her daughter to be easy. She'll still fight the Grand Cross even if it outclasses the Bentenmaru.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 14:15   Link #2980
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
My impression of the Galactic Empire is that of Baron Wulfenbach of Girl Genius over Europa. Stop fighting or I'll kick your ass with Death Rays and you'll have at least autonomy and prosperity.
For a moment there I started thinking how Agatha would fit in Marika's harem. Then I had second thoughts and started shipping Bang DuPree/Schnitzer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

I'll just leave this here for Kanon-kun.
So many great captions for this, none of them appropriate for mixed company.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri