Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Messer kicked the bucket
More like: Messer filled the bucket.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 07:38   Link #102
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Its too bad, all the recent focus did make him a lot more interesting, with the tragic past and Var and sort of connection to Kaname, not to mention the rivalry with the enemy ace. If Arad had died at this point, I barely would have noticed (he hasn't exactly been all that memorable), but Messer leaves a big hole.
Well, if Arad had been marked to die by the writers you bet they would have focused on him and not Messer and it would have been him who left a big hole. I think they chose Messer simply because he needs to be removed so Hayate, and Mirage's character arc, can move forward. And if he's removed he might as well get a tragic death and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Dude...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 07:40   Link #103
Tenzen12

Quite bad joke, me think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I may be in a minority but I'm thoroughly enjoying the main characters' (non-)triangle. Finally no melodrama, just cute friendships that may or may not develop into more. (Also, I do think there's romantic chemistry there, the story just doesn't focus on it.) It's much more to my taste than the over-the-top soap operas we've had in many other Macross shows. I'm kind of worried what will happen when it starts getting more overtly romantic.
Same for me, to be honest I would go that far to say all these hints from recent two episodes disappointed me a little. I would appreciate if Delta focused more on platonic part of this triangle and build on it for another four/five episodes before developing it into something more.

Putting that aside I don't think Mirage need any big development as for now. She might have her troubles, but she is quite balanced and likable character. That said more focus on her would be good anyway. Not because she need it, but simply because there is never enough Mirage...
Old 2016-06-06, 07:57   Link #104
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It's also possible she began to nurture other feelings after their mission in the catpeople planet. Messer was avoiding her before that.
True, that's very possible. It would make sense. And I could understand even Reina and Makina not picking up on it that quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
On the Japanese fan side, apparently this is the love triangle they've been talking about from episode 2, when we first got to see the opening sequence
Maybe the largely "behind the scenes" nature of it, in the first few episodes, made it extra-enticing. Hayate, Freyja, and Mirage all have loads of screentime and interactions with each other, so there's less mystery or reason to be curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I may be in a minority but I'm thoroughly enjoying the main characters' (non-)triangle. Finally no melodrama, just cute friendships that may or may not develop into more.
There was one moment in Episode 10 that I felt was good for the main character's triangle. It was the moment when Hayate said "What a drag. If she likes him, she should just say so." Freyja and Mirage's reaction to that was nicely subtle, but also very suggestive. I could just see the gears turning in their heads in real-time, as they wondered about what Hayate's comment here might mean (or should mean) for each of their relationship's with him.

I can understand some viewers not liking Mirage's blushing moment in this episode, but I think that might be more about general innocence than anything else.
Old 2016-06-06, 08:02   Link #105
cyberdemon

what do you suppose the chances of that being a paintball gun are? lol
Old 2016-06-06, 08:10   Link #106
s07195
However,

I hate how free I am for summer vacation now... It's gonna make this big wait for Ep11 much harder.

*listens to Life Goes On from GSD on loop to get over Messer's death*

EDIT: Stop giving Kaname the trauma ball! She's my favorite character in the show... T_T

Last edited by s07195; 2016-06-06 at 08:20.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 08:20   Link #107
Karutaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
...But...But now to whom will Keith's rune point towards ;___;
HE WAS ACTIVELY SEARCHING FOR HIM IN THE BATTLEFIELD TOO.
When the Epsilon Foundation screws Windermere, Keith's chivalric code will push him to infiltrate the Elysion to find out more about the Grim Reaper. Where he will promptly fall for Hayate
Karutaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 08:35   Link #108
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
And then Messer got really messy...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 08:39   Link #109
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I can't get over the design of the envoy of Epsilon. It feels like an attempt to replace the well-known Prussian or German designs as villains for "Middle East terrorist". Everything about him screams "bad guy", from his seiyuu to his narrowed eyes. I'm not sure how I feel about it; I hope it doesn't trend. I liked my mecha antagonists stylish and snappy dressed.
But the Wind is already fulfilling the Prussian role, though...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-06-06, 08:58   Link #110
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The Episilon guy, IIRC, is also voiced by the guy who did Ali al-Saachez, so that's something. *shrug*

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 08:59   Link #111
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The Episilon guy, IIRC, is also voiced by the guy who did Ali al-Saachez, so that's something. *shrug*
Fujiwara Keiji is a veteran seiyuu who has voiced a bunch of characters during his career, so I'm not sure.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 09:24   Link #112
dmaxzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
After messy Messer was wiped clean...
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 09:46   Link #113
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
So he is not flying a VF Siegfried but a VF 25 Messiah?
Old 2016-06-06, 10:04   Link #114
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
So he is not flying a VF Siegfried but a VF 25 Messiah?
Have to chk again. There are two types of VF-31s, one with swept wings and the other with delta wings.

- Tak

Old 2016-06-06, 10:10   Link #115
ReddyRedWolf

Damn realized two things. Kaname was resonating with Messer and she felt Messer's death. The only other person who has felt such was Ranka with the Vajra. However Messer is a human not an alien intelligence. I can imagine it like in Pacific Rim when your drift compatible partner dies.

The other is that Chuck's sister never told Messer her feelings.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 10:27   Link #116
Annorax

I have been so focused in Kaname Messer I forgot the NyanNyan boobs...
Well I must say, from EP8 I already feel that Messer is likely to kick the bucket but TOO SOON!NOT LIKE THIS....
Annorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 10:30   Link #117
Tak

Ah crap, you right, I forgot about the sister. Wait until she hears of it...

- Tak

Old 2016-06-06, 10:40   Link #118
magnuskn

Alright, finally got to see the episode with subs.

Goodbye Messer, you finally got interesting. One thing I'll say for this show: It did not make the same mistake of keeping around characters it intends to kill, i.e. Michael. On the other hand, though, I never felt as much affection for Messer as I felt for Michael.

Delta is pretty fucked. They can't match the Knights in terms of skill, they are also down a member... so unless the Knights suffer some reduction in their numbers (and don't just fill the empty slots), this is going to be an uneven battle for some time. Maybe NUNS should send over Banana to fill the empty slot, at least in terms of skill he should be able to counter Keith.

Seriously, though, doesn't Delta Squadron need as many fighters as there are singers on Walkure?

Romance is still starting, but both girls are starting to realize something. Hayate is about as oblivious as your stereotypical harem protagonist, which I don't particularly like. Alto knew something was going on, even if he tried his hardest to ignore it for a while.

As for the enemy behind-the-scenes, we'll see where this goes. I didn't find the guy to be a stereotype, but I've been to Dubai a few weeks past and every fourth to fifth guy you meet there runs around in their white dress with the headdress. So it didn't seem out of place to me.
Old 2016-06-06, 10:47   Link #119
Tak

This also makes the Wind look like utter hypocrites of course. For all their boasting about taking back mother sky from NUN, they need an Earther to help them do it.

As for Hayate, I don't agree that he is oblivious, I just don't see viable romance yet. I mean, its moving along, albeit slowly.

- Tak

Old 2016-06-06, 10:58   Link #120
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Romance is still starting, but both girls are starting to realize something. Hayate is about as oblivious as your stereotypical harem protagonist, which I don't particularly like.
Even many of us viewers see "friendship" here much more than we see "romance", when it comes to Hayate and either one of Freyja and Mirage. So I definitely don't think Hayate should be faulted for not seeing romantic interest here when even many viewers haven't truly seen it. And it's possible that Hayate literally didn't see Freyja and Mirage's telling response to his "If she likes him, she should just say so" statement. They were gathered in a pretty dark and poorly lit area, and Hayate might not have been looking at Freyja and Mirage after he made his comment.