Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-01, 00:37   Link #1
ModokiBunny
*Fansubber

Sh15uya

Correctly pronounced Shibuya 15. A 2005 live action show straight from it's original manga book series published by TOEI.
This show is not that new, but I personally find it interesting.

I will try my best to explain a bit of the story without spoiling anything, since it may seem ultra confusing. Lastly, I will try my best to provide a shot of the live action version as well as my low-res scan of the original Manga version.

Translated story:
"The manga unfolds in a "virtual world Shibuya", much like Shibuya, but not quite Shibuya, and where Shibuya 109 is next to 108 (Tokyo), and the highways signs write Shibuya everywhere.
This work describes the struggles of five 15-year-olds, their sentiments and conflicts. Why are they here? What is Peace? The world may be virtual, but the pain is real.

Official Site:
For some unknown reason(s), TOEI completely removed the official site for public display back in 2005

Old 2006-05-01, 01:01   Link #2
lavielove

The girls in the poster look good.Now cast information is really needed.Especially the information about the girl at the front.
Old 2006-05-01, 01:07   Link #3
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

I didn't find this particularly interesting. Episode 1 left me thinking something along the lines of uh, Kamen Rider? Transforming, sparkly suits, special effects... lol. The manga picture you posted looks good though.
Old 2006-05-01, 01:10   Link #4
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
I didn't find this particularly interesting. Episode 1 left me thinking something along the lines of uh, Kamen Rider? Transforming, sparkly suits, special effects... lol. The manga picture you posted looks good though.
Aren't you pertaining to Ergo Proxy? 地球戦隊 VINCENTO~TAN: he tranforms, has special powers/effects - LOL. Is this a drama, a shounen series, what?
Old 2006-05-01, 01:20   Link #5
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

There's a difference between live-action and anime series. Those things just don't work that well in LA.
Old 2006-05-01, 01:21   Link #6
lavielove

Alittle more question , what's the meaning of FACE 1 and FACE 2 etc ???
Is that "phase" ? or just "Face" ? (^_^||)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
How they transformed ?? what kind of sparky suits they wear ? What types of weapon they used ?? Can you describe a little if you finished watching instead of bashing it straight away ? I still have not have a chance to watch that yet.That's why.
Old 2006-05-01, 01:44   Link #7
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Lol, I watched it months ago so I can't remember specific things. What I could vaguely remember: Gloomy premise, violent bullying, Matrix-style action scenes, weird powerful person appears, guy turns into a superfighter or something, more fighting ensues - with blades iirc, stuff about computers...

Meh, I'm not being helpful. Sorry, I deleted this right off the bat after watching it. It's just 22 mins unlike the normal 1 hour for dramas. I would categorize this under 'tokusatsu'. HeroLegends subbed it a while ago.

Apparently, the girl on the left is in Kamen Rider 555. And the one in the middle, she plays a male role, which is pretty weird coz I just couldn't see her as a male. -.-
http://www.toei-video.co.jp/DVD/sp21/sh15uya.html
Old 2006-05-01, 08:27   Link #8
Zelda1

I like the "what is reality?" style. I've liked it since before the first Matrix movie came out. This show has that vibe. The fights look good, the SFX aren't cheesy, and the characters are interesting.
Old 2006-05-01, 14:22   Link #9
Amun-Ra
þąıń

Its rubbish. Why is it even classified under Anime? ..

Is there a magna version of this? Hopefully its based on a magna? I would be happier reading that.

Old 2006-05-01, 15:03   Link #10
ModokiBunny
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amun-Ra
Its rubbish. Why is it even classified under Anime? ..

Is there a magna version of this? Hopefully its based on a magna? I would be happier reading that.

As posted above but in more detail, it's based from a 12 volumed manga series that i personally own. If you live in Japan, you will have a way better chance of finding them than in America or etc (Asahiya, Kinokuniya bookstores).
Old 2006-05-01, 15:07   Link #11
Amun-Ra
þąıń

Right. Thanks for the info. I`ll try looking up the web for translated magna, if any available. =)
Old 2006-05-02, 03:02   Link #12
Wattstax

How many Episodes has it??
Old 2006-05-02, 16:40   Link #13
sorvani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattstax
How many Episodes has it??

it seems interesting to me. i had downloaded episode 1 a while ago from another group but never downloaded the rest because that group didn't finish the series.
Old 2006-05-02, 18:07   Link #14
Amun-Ra
þąıń

#2 was released. Yet to watch it though. =\
Old 2006-05-02, 21:59   Link #15
sorvani

just got home from class and i see episode 3 on the rtacker. this bodes well for seeing a complete series out of this. guess it is time to d/l what' they have released so far.
Old 2006-05-02, 23:09   Link #16
Amun-Ra
þąıń

Likewise. Only 6 seeders at the moment.

Modoki, I think the magna may be available over the web. I'll let you know as and when your status is switched to online. Kinda excited at the prospect and could'nt withhold the info at all.
Old 2006-05-04, 10:37   Link #17
b00m13

haha, was anyone else confused as I was when Asagi kicked Tsuyoshi in the crotch and she dropped to the floor like she had nutz... haha, it took me a while before I realized she played a male part in the series /heh
Old 2006-05-04, 13:13   Link #18
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Is Peace being played by an american by any chance? His accent is realy jaring.
Old 2006-05-05, 03:10   Link #19
howzitboy

this show got me confused. is that main "boy" (one with amnesia) a girl?his/her name is shota bashiri in the show , isnt that guys name? i keep lookin and its a girl but grrrr .
wish the quality of the video was bit higher cuz its really hard to see whats going on. but , beggars cant be choosers and im just glad to watch something "funky" since maid in akihabara finished.
Old 2006-05-05, 09:18   Link #20
dr. fnord
jui kuen

I love the gaijin-bashing implicit in dirty american evil villain Peace. he must be in on it, what with that "daka-raw" action. amazing.
Closed Thread