AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-09, 22:19   Link #1181
Cal-Reflector

In the real world, there are several grades of knights; iirc, only the highest (and maybe second highest) class, called knights commanders, are styled "Sir." These are your "real" knights you might say.

In Geass, if we try to mimic the real world standards, the knight requirement in order to become a Knightmare pilot then may be those lesser grades who are not addressed as Sir.

Moreover, in the real world, there are Orders of Knights which rank ahead of all other Knights and even some lesser peers (again, iirc) such as the Order of the Garter and St. Patrick (defunct). These are limited in membership, from some 2 dozen to 100 members. This is rather like your Knights of Round in Code Geass.

All this is just research done for my fic. I just wanted to know for certain what Cornelia's rank was. This Nonette character mentioned in R2 has rather thrown me off since official material says that Cornelia fears her.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:28   Link #1182
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
All this is just research done for my fic. I just wanted to know for certain what Cornelia's rank was. This Nonette character mentioned in R2 has rather thrown me off since official material says that Cornelia fears her.
Well, Nonette is simply one of the Emperor's personal Knights, she doesn't have to answer to anyone other than Charles.

And anyone would be afraid of one of those guys, including royalty. (especially if said royalty was said knight's junior in their military academy days... >_>) In theory the Rounds are the best pilots in all Britannia after all.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:50   Link #1183
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm somewhat curious how succession works with the Rounds. Who was Knight of Seven before Suzaku? Did someone get kicked out when he joined? Most of the members seem rather young so I wonder who the positions belonged to in the past.

We know that at least the position of Knight of One has been around since Britannia's founding since Ricardo's best friend and ally had that position.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 13:24   Link #1184
KrimzonStriker

If it is strength based like some magazines have indicated then all Suzaku needs to do is become better then the others. Also, this isn't exactly the safest of jobs so perhaps the last Knight of Seven died or something. But if he didn't I figure he might have gone down to Knight of Eight if it is a strength based Order and who would be crazy to throw someone like that out...? >_>
Old 2008-05-10, 13:31   Link #1185
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
If it is strength based like some magazines have indicated then all Suzaku needs to do is become better then the others. Also, this isn't exactly the safest of jobs so perhaps the last Knight of Seven died or something. But if he didn't I figure he might have gone down to Knight of Eight if it is a strength based Order and who would be crazy to throw someone like that out...? >_>
Magazines haven't suggested anything other than One is on the top. And seeing as how Anya and Gino are taking orders from Suzaku right now, the show certainly doesn't seem to be propagating the idea there's much of a hierarchy to the numberings either.
Old 2008-05-10, 13:32   Link #1186
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Maybe each Knight gets some sort of privileges depending on rank and area. The Emperor may have also given orders to Gino and Anya to follow Suzaku's lead while in Japan.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-10, 13:37   Link #1187
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Magazines haven't suggested anything other than One is on the top. And seeing as how Anya and Gino are taking orders from Suzaku right now, the show certainly doesn't seem to be propagating the idea there's much of a hierarchy to the numberings either.
There all individual agent though, they only really take orders from the Emperor. And Anya and Gino are friends with Suzaku, whose the calmest and most focused out of them if we go by personality, so it isn't exactly a stretch that they would listen to what he says even if they are stronger. And actually, Koshimizu managed to dig up a PASH magazine article that went something like "Even though she is the Knight of 12 she is far more powerful then her demure status lets on" So, Knight of One is the strongest... and Knight of 12 is hinted at being the weakest... does my math work for you now?
Old 2008-05-10, 13:41   Link #1188
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I thought the magazine info regarding the Knight of Twelve was saying that she appears gentle and demure, but is actually much more dangerous and cruel?

Old 2008-05-10, 13:57   Link #1189
Uncreativex

There is one thing I don't understand. In the Code Geass reality, most of the Holy Britanian Empire is made up by the entire America(s?) continent. Bonaparte conquered all of Great Britain/United Kingdom isles, and it was never reclaimed by the empire which seemd the greatest power on Earth, and it is ruled by EU. Although Schneizel/Knights of Rounds seem to be winning a war against EU, the isles are still not in their possesion.

Firstly, several knightmares, such as Glasgow and Gloucester, seems to be named after what I believe are cities in Britain, but these are EU areas. Does this mean that theres a American/s states/citites called something like "New Glasgow" or that they've taken the name from their homecountry which they lost centuries ago?

Secondly, what little we know of Britanian culture and the royal family, it seems that the royal family are direct descendants from some celtic superking/emperor, and not the descendants of some roman or similiar nobility (seems likely with real world royal family). However, the celtic based royal rulers seem to share names with real world historical figures, such as the many Elizabeths and Henric's etc? Also britanian culture seem to be more stereotypical britanian with all the "yes my lord" and highnesses and their clothes etc. If celtic people ruled Britania (who, according to what very little I've seen in movies etc, seem to be some tribe/viking type of guys) and they were not invaded by romans and therefore christianity(?), I would assume the culture and society to be very different from what its like in Code Geass. On one side, the empire is called "The Holy", but on the other side, Charles di Britania talks about "the weapon to kill the gods" gods in plural, not as in "God" as in christianity. Kind of confusing.

Thirdly, since it would seem Britania has been in America for a long time, are the brittanian population built up by people from Brittania with celtic ancestry and native americans, rather than people from every land, race and culture? It would seem Britania treats japanese as worthless "elevens", but whats the case on native americans? Surely after several hundred years, and considering that if most of the non native americans are from the relatively small islands of Britania, a rather large ammount of britania are native americans?

Finally, is Britania truly the absolutely superior power in Geassverse? It seems they have the most advanced technology with knightmares, and that they control most sakuradite, but in terms of sheer landmass, they don't rule that much more than CF and EU. We've heard that they are winning against EU; but that may be mainly in Italia etc not whole EU. Also considering that India and China are now the most populated lands in the world, if Geassverse has any similiar populations, Britania's gotto have one HELL of alot of original britanians and native americans if they have 1/3 of every person in the world under their rule.
Uncreativex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 14:01   Link #1190
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I thought the magazine info regarding the Knight of Twelve was saying that she appears gentle and demure, but is actually much more dangerous and cruel?
Meh, I'm just going by the wording that said "despite being the Knight of Twelve" in the PASH magazine. The other articles focused just on the demure and gentle appearance I believe... >_>
Old 2008-05-10, 17:24   Link #1191
Kushi

Mmm I have a matter I'm a little confused about... I rewatched 24 +25, and when Cornelia knighted Suzaku, she wanted to tell him something but she "forgot" (I think she wanted to tell him about Lulu) Does she really not remember that Lulu is Zero?
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 17:27   Link #1192
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
Mmm I have a matter I'm a little confused about... I rewatched 24 +25, and when Cornelia knighted Suzaku, she wanted to tell him something but she "forgot" (I think she wanted to tell him about Lulu) Does she really not remember that Lulu is Zero?
Yeah, the only thing she remembers is "the island"(I'm not going to try to spell it I always get it wrong) and that's all.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 17:44   Link #1193
Slick_rick

I think she remembers it was Lelouch cause he never gave her a command to forget who he was. She might have been trying to remember what he asked her but she has no reason to believe that Suzaku and Lelouch know each other sos didn't think it worth mentioning.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 18:25   Link #1194
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
There is one thing I don't understand. In the Code Geass reality, most of the Holy Britanian Empire is made up by the entire America(s?) continent. Bonaparte conquered all of Great Britain/United Kingdom isles, and it was never reclaimed by the empire which seemd the greatest power on Earth, and it is ruled by EU. Although Schneizel/Knights of Rounds seem to be winning a war against EU, the isles are still not in their possesion.
Think about the geography: It's extremely hard to try and do a Sealion from the Atlantic than from Europe.

Plus, the Brits are fighting EU in North Africa, not Europe.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 18:37   Link #1195
KrimzonStriker

Well, we did see a flash back during Turn 2 of Zero's speech where it appears Britannia just trashed the EU in a European forested style village, so they might by on the mainland by now I venture. Still they could be too busy on mainland Europe to recover the British Isles just yet >_>
Old 2008-05-10, 19:57   Link #1196
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Doesn't the Geass cause some memory loss in the moments prior to being Geassed? I remember Viletta having a red memory of what happened just before.

Old 2008-05-10, 20:04   Link #1197
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Doesn't the Geass cause some memory loss in the moments prior to being Geassed? I remember Viletta having a red memory of what happened just before.
I don't think it causes you to lose memories until after the Geass is activated or at least it shouldn't wipe on the entire conversational they had. If I remember correctly I thought her memory of Lelouch was red because she was looking at him through her KMF screen before getting out and having Geass used on her.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 20:20   Link #1198
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm pretty sure the memory was from her on the ground face to face with him?

Old 2008-05-11, 18:22   Link #1199
Kushi

Mmmm I wonder if Euphie's name is ever going to be cleared or not... the Britannian's hate her for being a "traitor" and the japanese hate for her slaughtering them. I wonder how Lelouch is going to do it, if he actually does try
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 18:23   Link #1200
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
Mmmm I wonder if Euphie's name is ever going to be cleared or not... the Britannian's hate her for being a "traitor" and the japanese hate for her slaughtering them. I wonder how Lelouch is going to do it, if he actually does try
maybe make a deal with Suzaku? >_>