AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-04, 00:46   Link #3881
PzIVf3

Oh they corrected the hypersonic bullet projectiles. This thing will come into reality in the future. I heard the US Navy is trying to develop the electromagnetic railgun to replace the expensive anti-missile interceptor.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 02:27   Link #3882
Principalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Ah.. Freedom.. You still so fine!
New animation is good. More to come I hope..

Maybe the guys from the Seed animation team can show the AGE team how to properly draw key poses.. I just realised that Seed is really good at this. From the least important to the most important MS all have great key poses and this combined with well thought out camera angles result in very dynamic action shots. Those shots are not always well animated and they are definitely not always realistic, sometimes the mobile suits aren't even actually animated and instead they just move in a 2.5D multiplane environment. but the Seed animators have good understanding of the basics on how to create an action shot.

Too bad that all of this goes unnoticed for the most part because those shots are reused so many times as stock footage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Loved this episode! Freedom fandom. I really liked the beam spam animation. It makes me wonder how much I would've liked SEED had it debuted later with HD animation and probably no reused scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
that just makes me think, had seed gotten the same animation as 00 it would had been really awsome.
I am in concurrence. Combine the 3 quotes above and SEED would have been legendary.

And on a completely unrelated note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T13Ma7U65gU

Last edited by Principalities; 2012-08-04 at 03:02.
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 09:17   Link #3883
tetsuo69

^
seed had really great music but then again i think all gundam series have great music.
Old 2012-08-04, 15:09   Link #3884
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
^
seed had really great music but then again i think all gundam series have great music.
No, not really..
Gundam had very average soundtracks compared to something like macross. Wing was the first one in my opinion that had a very solid soundtrack. (Zeta had a decent OST as well)

Seed definitely took things to new heights in terms of the sound design and OST's. If you look at the list of people who worked on Seed and Destiny's music.. that's a quite remarkable list. And getting such a prestigious orchestra as the the London Symphony Orchestra to perform the soundtracks is something that never happened before in anime, let alone Gundam. I mean we're talking about the group here that performed the soundtrack for Star Wars..

I'm still waiting to hear anything even remotely as awesome as this piece:
Old 2012-08-04, 16:28   Link #3885
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
No, not really..
Gundam had very average soundtracks compared to something like macross. Wing was the first one in my opinion that had a very solid soundtrack. (Zeta had a decent OST as well)
You know, I think Victory's OST (minus the OPs & EDs which are unbearable) is exceptional too. Although not on par with SDF Macross's OST, it's still sound very nice. It's much better than Wing's imo.
Old 2012-08-04, 16:47   Link #3886
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I'm still waiting to hear anything even remotely as awesome as this piece:
Actually one of the best OST of the franchise.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 00:25   Link #3887
Principalities

Quote:
^
Some series do it better than others though.

For example AGE has not been as memorable for me although I think it is largely a matter of personal taste.

Link for druggies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV3n7dGfgKw

Link for freedom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99kE-5FMrzE
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 02:10   Link #3888
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
For example AGE has not been as memorable for me although I think it is largely a matter of personal taste.
Only memorable pieces from AGE are the Gen-2 Themes.
Old 2012-08-05, 05:48   Link #3889
rakusukira

Seed's soundtrack was very remarkable compared to others IMO.. but Unicorn took it to a new level.. I mean, Unicorn's soundtrack is just sooo amaaazing
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:55   Link #3890
justavisitor

wow Kira's fighting ability just transcends into another level as he is now using vulcans to disarm mobile suits XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:36   Link #3891
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Only memorable pieces from AGE are the Gen-2 Themes.
I actually thought gen 1 had the best music to be honest. It was both fairly distinct and had a really nice tone to it.

Anyway, since everyone seems to be talking about the bgm the strike vs Aegis bgm was great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uTlDkhG2CM

Love way this track is both upbeat yet somewhat filled with sorrow.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 12:03   Link #3892
kaito-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
wow Kira's fighting ability just transcends into another level as he is now using vulcans to disarm mobile suits XD
ehmm... He is shooting at missiles.
Old 2012-08-05, 17:50   Link #3893
justavisitor

Quote:
ehmm... He is shooting at missiles.
I know, just tried to make a joke out of it
But it wouldn't really surprise me if he could actually pull it off
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 18:27   Link #3894
tetsuo69

for me destiny - > seed when it came to the ost
if anything for me destiny had the best music.

my personal fav

1-destiny
2-seed
3-unicorn
4-wing
Old 2012-08-06, 04:21   Link #3895
Kunagisa

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

http://nicoviewer.net/sm18527243

IT'S HEREEEE!!! The side by side really shows the scene much better (I forgot how the original look already after all these years lol).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 12:06   Link #3896
Soaring Griffin

Loving the new scenes with Freedom. It looks much better then before.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 05:43   Link #3897
Paladinoras
Pancakes

I haven't been keeping up with the HD remake, so does anyone mind telling me if they changed any parts of the plot for the SEED remake?

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 09:17   Link #3898
kaito-kid

This is not a remake, it's a remaster.(And it's barely even that) So no changes in the plot.
Btw, does anyone know how the remaster is selling in Japan? I wonder if it's even close to the originals..

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-08-07 at 19:28.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 19:24   Link #3899
Washu-Chan