AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-04, 15:25   Link #21
itisjustme

I get what Dark Mages' talking about, romance's more about the romantic _tension_ rather than the end result itself. It's about all the reasons why the leads can't be together and the moments there's and attraction undercurrent but they're still not a couple. In that sense Jiang Ye started with the romantic leads already together so it's flat, kinda like in BTTH.

It's kinda weird though cause ZTJ has the best romance I've seen in YY WNs by far.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 15:38   Link #22
SamVision

ZTJ's horribly slow progression undermines whatever merits it has for me. There were times where I would actually forget the characters when they are mentioned because they have gone unmentioned for nearly ten or more chapters. There is barely any romance in ZTJ anyway. As for BTTH, it eventually goes the harem route and the MC and supposedly main heroine don't even know much about each other even though they are "together".
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 21:45   Link #23
elroid

i'm trying to avoid spoilers but theres a few plotwist in Jiang Ye that I can assure you guys that theres really lots of romantic tension, way more than ZTJ currently has for now
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 02:11   Link #24
Dark Mages

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
I get what Dark Mages' talking about, romance's more about the romantic _tension_ rather than the end result itself. It's about all the reasons why the leads can't be together and the moments there's and attraction undercurrent but they're still not a couple. In that sense Jiang Ye started with the romantic leads already together so it's flat, kinda like in BTTH.

It's kinda weird though cause ZTJ has the best romance I've seen in YY WNs by far.
Yep that's what I meant. Thanks!
Dark Mages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 10:43   Link #25
elroid

them getting together officially isnt just the end result, but instead just the beginning of all the hurdles they are about to meet in at least half of the story. the hardship they had to face in order to remain together wouldnt lose to many dramas of couples getting together. in a sense, this novel is much better than many novels that the heroine eventually loses their role in the story and end up only cheering behind the mc, because many novels mostly features on how just only the mc power through all the hurdles by himself instead of working together with his wife/gf
Old 2016-06-13, 22:56   Link #26
patcan3609

Comparing this novel with ZTJ is not a very good comparison. I enjoy both this novel and ZTJ in that the atmosphere is peaceful and the enemies are believable. As for story progression ZTJ is more about choices and the growth of MC's character while Jiang Ye already had an experienced MC in life. The romance in both novels are amazing and while some of you may think ZTJ lacks romance, that is clearly not the truth. I wont be spoiling much about ZTJ but Jiang Ye actually has a lot of tension for romance. Nian Qe in one of the chapters of the 200's comes to like another girl who is one of the world's beauties that he met in his expedition but he chose Sang Sang over her which I found to be very admirable. Sang Sang isnt ugly like you all claim her to be, she's merely malnourished before stunting her growth as one of you mentionned before and that is fixed during the latter half of the story.
patcan3609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 03:53   Link #27
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcan3609 View Post
Comparing this novel with ZTJ is not a very good comparison. I enjoy both this novel and ZTJ in that the atmosphere is peaceful and the enemies are believable. As for story progression ZTJ is more about choices and the growth of MC's character while Jiang Ye already had an experienced MC in life. The romance in both novels are amazing and while some of you may think ZTJ lacks romance, that is clearly not the truth. I wont be spoiling much about ZTJ but Jiang Ye actually has a lot of tension for romance. Nian Qe in one of the chapters of the 200's comes to like another girl who is one of the world's beauties that he met in his expedition but he chose Sang Sang over her which I found to be very admirable. Sang Sang isnt ugly like you all claim her to be, she's merely malnourished before stunting her growth as one of you mentionned before and that is fixed during the latter half of the story.
Not quite. Theres many times in the novel that mentions her to that way. Part of the reason her appearance is that way because of the reason u mentioned while another involves a major aspect in later half. Regardless her appearance is at least below average. There's one part that involves the couple being hunted by almost the whole world and Ning Que was protecting her, some people at first thought he was bewitched by her but when they saw her they acknowledge him as a real man instead because he surely was not fighting for beauty

both ZTJ and JY are great but i kinda prefer JY more because ZTJ is way pace is much slower (nice to read in a go but not as fun if need to wait for updates ) as author spends a lot time for the situation and atmosphere, and it is a bit harder to read as the writing style is more old or tradition chinese style (not sure how to describe it but u should get what i mean)
Old 2016-06-17, 01:45   Link #28
patcan3609

@elroid what series is your profile pic from?
Old 2016-06-17, 03:42   Link #29
elroid

Quote:
@elroid what series is your profile pic from?
It is a LN called 9S. It was one of my fav LN but too bad the it went into hiatus for pretty long time and the author went on writing another series instead
Old 2016-06-17, 12:25   Link #30
patcan3609

Yeah 9S isnt even translated anymore. Is it completed though?
Old 2016-06-18, 00:50   Link #31
patcan3609

Btw does Sang Sang's appearance get better by the end of the novel or will she forever remain darker skinned and skinny with under average appearance? I dont mind her being average appearance but being skinny for an adult is kinda weird
Old 2016-06-18, 01:55   Link #32
SamVision

Correct me if I'm wrong but she does gain quite an ample figure later on though she retains her dark skin.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 02:09   Link #33
patcan3609

What do you mean by ample figure? Does her appearance atleast upgrade to average looking like Nian Que? Im kinda half way through the novel right now. I dont really mind spoilers
Old 2016-06-20, 00:05   Link #34
elroid

Quote:
Yeah 9S isnt even translated anymore. Is it completed though?
I read it in Chinese trans so it was translated to the latest volume, iirc the English only had teaser chapters. but the novel itself is on hiatus now.

Quote:
What do you mean by ample figure? Does her appearance atleast upgrade to average looking like Nian Que? Im kinda half way through the novel right now. I dont really mind spoilers
Spoiler:
Old 2016-06-20, 00:36   Link #35
patcan3609

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroid View Post
I read it in Chinese trans so it was translated to the latest volume, iirc the English only had teaser chapters. but the novel itself is on hiatus now.

Spoiler:
So does her appearance remain white and ample or does it return to dark and skinny? From what you said, the only reason she looked dark and skinny was because of her own inferiority complex? Does that mean she gets a better appearance?
Old 2016-06-20, 06:22   Link #36
elroid

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2016-06-20, 09:37   Link #37
patcan3609

Alright so that means she keeps her new appearance. Thanks
Old 2016-06-22, 14:37   Link #38
patcan3609

Wait wtf, shes a goddess but shes fat...I dont know what to say