AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 00:08   Link #1041
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Ahh yea Griffonrook bomb run is nightmare, think I gave up after my 2nd run as I knew it wasn't gonna be able to make it.
My best run after about 3 hours of trying was getting the bomb all the way to the last back and forth path before the chest before I got hit. I was so pissed. I think I could probably do it with my thief with all my stealth skills and stuff though, mesmer might not have been well suited for it since the griffons didn't want to attack my illusions.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 01:09   Link #1042
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Underwater combat >.>

It seems like a lot of the mid level zones are deserted. I feel sorta left behind.

Also they need search filters on the TP for various stats. Right now you sorta have to know what you're looking for. :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 01:47   Link #1043
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Underwater combat >.>

It seems like a lot of the mid level zones are deserted. I feel sorta left behind.

Also they need search filters on the TP for various stats. Right now you sorta have to know what you're looking for. :S
I'd settle for a preview so I knew what the gear looked like before I buy it.

I just got my thief up to 76 and I didn't feel like any zones were deserted on my way to that level. I was honestly surprised to see so many in Orr today though, a few groups trying to do the Balthazar temple event so I got to piggy back along doing the event chains with them. Now if only I didn't have to leave Orr to find some non Risen to kill for my daily everything would be perfect.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-01-05, 15:33   Link #1044
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

I just got my thief up to 76 and I didn't feel like any zones were deserted on my way to that level. I was honestly surprised to see so many in Orr today though, a few groups trying to do the Balthazar temple event so I got to piggy back along doing the event chains with them. Now if only I didn't have to leave Orr to find some non Risen to kill for my daily everything would be perfect.
Have you ever tried going over to WvW to complete that?

In fact, the place is the best one to get different kills - each enemy player you kill from a different race counts as a different kill.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 15:33   Link #1045
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

Yea quite a bummer they haven't got that to work yet, not fond of using the preview codes atm, it's a lot of hassle.

But at same time I do think they need some more options for TP search filters, like being able to select between Light, Medium and Heavy armour.

P.S man I'm so pissed at myself, I spent tokens on a 2nd pair of shoes that I had already had!!!
It just totally slipped my mind to check what I already had but I thought I had gotten the gloves before *doh*
And this comes after seeing a random in my pug pick a heavy helm instead of medium by mistake
Old 2013-01-05, 17:15   Link #1046
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Have you ever tried going over to WvW to complete that?

In fact, the place is the best one to get different kills - each enemy player you kill from a different race counts as a different kill.
That works? And no I don't really play WvW, I'm not a very good pvper. I need to go do it though since the only jumping puzzles left for me are the ones in WvW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Yea quite a bummer they haven't got that to work yet, not fond of using the preview codes atm, it's a lot of hassle.

But at same time I do think they need some more options for TP search filters, like being able to select between Light, Medium and Heavy armour.
The TP seems to be missing some really obvious improvements like that.

Old 2013-01-05, 17:40   Link #1047
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

So to get the monthly achievements in the game, you have to do wvw?

Also, 4 PM seems to be a weird time to reset achievements.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-01-05, 19:07   Link #1048
Xacual

Quote:
So to get the monthly achievements in the game, you have to do wvw?

Also, 4 PM seems to be a weird time to reset achievements.
It is a weird time indeed, also jumping puzzle chests reset at the same time. I do all three Lion's Arch ones everyday for the easy money and occasional good item. I think chests out in the world do as well. The only thing that's on a different reset that I can see is gathering nodes, which are on varying amounts of time.

Old 2013-01-06, 01:29   Link #1049
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
That works? And no I don't really play WvW, I'm not a very good pvper. I need to go do it though since the only jumping puzzles left for me are the ones in WvW.
What class are you? And what traits did you pump? I could offer some advice.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-06, 01:40   Link #1050
Xacual

Quote:
What class are you? And what traits did you pump? I could offer some advice.
I have two 80s now, a Thief and a Mesmer. My Thief is a new 80 and I never even bothered buying the trait book at 60. She's fine for now though since she's just going to be finishing off Orr exploration and then that other 70-80 zone. If you have any suggestions for good mesmer builds, I've tried a couple I saw online but none of them really worked for me so I ended up just stack condition damage and going with a staff.

Though I guess a decent thief build wouldn't hurt either, I've just been running with Short Bow and Sword/Pistol at the moment. Though I like Dagger/Dagger too.

Old 2013-01-06, 02:05   Link #1051
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I recently got an Engineer to 45. Kits are really fun to play because there's a ton you can use for any and all situations, with the downside that you're really not as strong as most other classes.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 02:14   Link #1052
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I have two 80s now, a Thief and a Mesmer. My Thief is a new 80 and I never even bothered buying the trait book at 60. She's fine for now though since she's just going to be finishing off Orr exploration and then that other 70-80 zone. If you have any suggestions for good mesmer builds, I've tried a couple I saw online but none of them really worked for me so I ended up just stack condition damage and going with a staff.

Though I guess a decent thief build wouldn't hurt either, I've just been running with Short Bow and Sword/Pistol at the moment. Though I like Dagger/Dagger too.
I have two level 80s now (Thief and Guardian), and I am struggling with naming my Engineer (I named her Cordelia Feuerbach after the character from Atelier Rorona, now I wanted to change her name to Origami Tobiichi from Date-a-Live, but she is Lv 18).

Mesmer is a boring class to play. It is best that you equip a buff-heal skillset when you go WvW that allows you to stay behind, like what my shout-based multipurpose guardian has now. She can also go up 1v1 against anyone and come out alive because of her symbols and shouts - they can heal and add vulnerability to anyone in it. My thief is a pistolwhip-vit build, good against 1v1 and average against 1v3, but she doesn't have enough defence to go up against 1v2. However, her Scorpion Wire and Explosive Arrow are the mainstays of assaults in WvW - they are used for keeping people off the parapets and pulling them down.

Also, I find that naming your character and building it the way you want it to be makes a whole lot of difference in gameplay experience - I named my guardian after one of the MCs from Symphogear, so basically she is a swordsmaiden + active-aura support + tank = total badass.

Old 2013-01-06, 08:04   Link #1053
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I have two level 80s now (Thief and Guardian), and I am struggling with naming my Engineer (I named her Cordelia Feuerbach after the character from Atelier Rorona, now I wanted to change her name to Origami Tobiichi from Date-a-Live, but she is Lv 18).

Mesmer is a boring class to play. It is best that you equip a buff-heal skillset when you go WvW that allows you to stay behind, like what my shout-based multipurpose guardian has now. She can also go up 1v1 against anyone and come out alive because of her symbols and shouts - they can heal and add vulnerability to anyone in it. My thief is a pistolwhip-vit build, good against 1v1 and average against 1v3, but she doesn't have enough defence to go up against 1v2. However, her Scorpion Wire and Explosive Arrow are the mainstays of assaults in WvW - they are used for keeping people off the parapets and pulling them down.

Also, I find that naming your character and building it the way you want it to be makes a whole lot of difference in gameplay experience - I named my guardian after one of the MCs from Symphogear, so basically she is a swordsmaiden + active-aura support + tank = total badass.
I find Mesmer rather fun to play in it's own way just like I did in the GW1, which at first I wasn't keen on Mesmer back then. Didn't actually make one till I had tried all the other classes and it then became one of my favorite classes after the ele.
Here I was again abit worried how Mesmer would play but I rather like it, clones are are pretty cool and theres alot you can do with a mesmer.

Btw 4pm is a odd time for reset, what time zone you in, I'm GMT so ours is midnight.

Had a good a gaming night other night when I dragged some guildies along to do Hydra Queen achievement, we eventually reeled in loads others on the map for some good fun.
Great when you see others just jumping in like that but we should have gotten them join in earlier as it was a mare trying to kill that risen captain, he's a right pita.
Old 2013-01-07, 03:50   Link #1054
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Oh thanks, I get 2 weapons I can't even use (Torch and Rifle) for my Necromancer. Thanks for the vendor money I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/4ND8G.jpg

I'm getting bored of the same looks. What notable light armor is there around there?

Also, what do you do @ level 80? Not really a big fan of dungeons or pvp.

And finally... http://i.imgur.com/KgBlP.jpg Strange math there.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-01-07 at 04:03.
Old 2013-01-07, 04:11   Link #1055
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Oh thanks, I get 2 weapons I can't even use (Torch and Rifle) for my Necromancer. Thanks for the vendor money I guess.

I'm getting bored of the same looks. What notable light armor is there around there?

Also, what do you do @ level 80? Not really a big fan of dungeons or pvp.

And finally... http://i.imgur.com/KgBlP.jpg Strange math there.
Unfortunately, at level 80 you basically do dungeons or pvp, unless you want to grind for achievements or legendaries.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 05:02   Link #1056
Xacual

Quote:

http://dulfy.net/2012/08/28/gw2-armo...e-screenshots/

Has some Light Armor skins you can get while leveling, though it's kind of an outdated list, missing level 80 Exotics from Orr and the dungeon stuff.

For the most part at 80 I've just finished up my map completions and done a few fractals, though a pick up group was not a fun experience, and a lot of random Dragon kills. Claw of Jormag is interesting but he takes forever.

Old 2013-01-07, 13:20   Link #1057
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, the main problem is that I am playing a minionmancer build and those tend to be poor in dungeons and I'd imagine pvp too who would target you directly. It's fun in the open world since they can provide adequate cover when I do my thing.

In dungeons though, they will fall victim to AOE spells and traps since the AI is horrible and also aggro too many mobs at once. To make matters worse, they don't regenerate life (why?) and you can't even unsummon them or resummon them until they are dead. Then you have to sit there waiting for the cooldown. An extra nice touch is that entering another instance removes all your minions, but not your cooldowns. They also don't scale with your gear or anything besides your level. And we all know that as content gets harder, that tends to generate trash skills and classes (see Monks in Diablo 3)

The final breaking point is most certainly the "agony" thing that Fractal Bosses have. That will just nuke any kind of pet like crazy. Honestly, I think it's a stupid mechanic, but whatever. It does seem like I've wasted my time honing a suboptimal build that will become obsolete anyways but thankfully we have respec.

I understand that pets are only supposed to be support used in conjunction with your other skills, but the lack of ability to even unsummon/recast them until they die makes them a waste of a skill slot, sadly. Guess I should just do blah blah blah conditions then. Except Flesh Goldem. That's actaully good.

I also understand AI for these things will always suck, as they always have been. That's why an additional control bar with stances or some shit would be nice.

I mean, sure I understand that not one build can fit all situations. It just sucks that I've picked a build that works for no situations. (at level 80)

This is of course my fault for not doing the research beforehand, though the more "standard" play style seems too boring if it doesn't involve raising too many undead creatures. I picked a class to rule the undead, not slit my wrists and pass infections around. I just seem to have a knack for the worst builds. Maybe it's because I want to be a hipster, who knows.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-01-07 at 17:31.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:46   Link #1058
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I have actually managed to build a Guardian that is good for ALL situations - ask JokerD.

15/10/20/20/5, Full knight /w Valkyrie runes.

Hits quite hard with invul + heal symbols, shouts to buff and heal, takes quite some damage before going down.

Now all I need is an ultimate skill that calls down a skyscraper sized sword onto my enemies and it completes her namesake.

Old 2013-01-08, 08:28   Link #1059
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Have you tried the Burning Guardian build? When I used it I could easily take down amost any other class within seconds.
Old 2013-01-09, 05:11   Link #1060
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Emptied out most of my stored crafting materials and got a few levels as such (63 to 68). I was done with gold and then noted platinum is super cheap on the TP so I crafted all the way up for that. Chef is now to 175 and Jeweler is over 300 but it did cost a pretty penny (1.5 gold). :S

I should have really picked something other than chef. It's so convoluted, but funny too.

I also got some achievement for exp w/o dying. That's funny because I never left town for any of that.

Bank slots are gonna be killer. :S

Time to move in the story. Haven't touched that since the 40s.

MyAnimeList || Reviews