AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 12:06   Link #7721
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

With the Numbers is really arguable how much, or how well, they where develop. I just think we jump too fast in to the “were are best friends” territory without too much to back that up. Hey, we were discussing the other day how many people they might kill and we never ever have any indication they feel guilty about it. Cinque even gets to be part of the Nakajima family despite helping to kill the mother and brutally defeats Ginga and kidnapped her to be brainwash. I mean, that must be a really awkward conversation when they first meet after the incident was over. You could at least work that kind of facts instead of largely assume that, thanks to the time skip, we already get it over. Is just lazy. But let’s talk about this in the StrikerS thread.

Back with Force I think the Hückebein family will be going in the same direction. So far they seem to be really evil, do bad things, laugh about it and then are focus as possible friends. So they might end up joining the good guys and we will skip like one year or so and they will be all good friends. Which won’t be that bad if we were having better characterization for them but we lack that so far.
Old 2013-03-17, 12:25   Link #7722
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

To elaborate more on the Hucks, so far they're plenty self-reliable enough to not need any help from the heroes (in fact it almost seems the opposite, the Huckebein are giving the heroes "chances" to succedd in small goals xDU), in past seasons no matter how dangerous or powerfull Fate or the Wolks were, it was clearly stated they needed help to realize they're on a downward spiral and thus we were motivated for both: for the antagonists to see the light and reach a happy ending as also for the heroes to be able to give them the aid they need to overcome their struggle. The Huckebein? not so much, they're just perfectly ok on their own and so far get all the spotlight in both battle and dialogue by fact of not only being far stronger than the heroes but also being much better informed as well ...so the question is? What's the goal of our heroes ...and why we should symphasize with it?

The current Arc in FORCE feels like a battle between Hardis Vandin and Curren Huckebein with Hayate and her unit caught in the crossfire xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 12:44   Link #7723
Justin_Brett

To be honest, I do think it's kinda lame that the first person to significantly injure one of the Hucks is another villain.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2013-03-17 at 13:06.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 12:58   Link #7724
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
To be honest, I do think it's kinda lame that the first person to significantly inconvenience one of the Hucks is another villain.
Uh, you do know what Signum does to Cypha in the next chapter, right?
Old 2013-03-17, 12:59   Link #7725
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
To be honest, I do think it's kinda lame that the first person to significantly inconvenience one of the Hucks is another villain.
Yes, I agree there. I know it's done to make him a credible threat, but it wouldn't have hurt to have the heroes do a major push back against the Hucks first.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 13:06   Link #7726
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Uh, you do know what Signum does to Cypha in the next chapter, right?
That didn't really do anything to her, even if I enjoyed it.
Old 2013-03-17, 13:26   Link #7727
Kurohane

What we really need is some more information. We know Vandien has done expriments, but they are only creating replica dividers and reactors as noted with the letter and number serial. That means the originals are being developed elsewhere. Its clear the Hucks weren't infected by Vandein. They only contracted with them and got burned. While the recent arc Get Away is a nice change of pace. We do need a more clear sense of direction.
Old 2013-03-17, 13:32   Link #7728
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

three words: Curren's family reunion

EFFING WHEN!?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-17, 14:53   Link #7729
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
That didn't really do anything to her, even if I enjoyed it.
I'd say it certainly "inconvenienced" her.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:56   Link #7730
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It certainly was a loss, but more a blow to the ego than an genuine inconvenience. Losing limbs isn't that big a deal for an infected.

Speaking of which, this battle shows just how different the fighting style between an infected and a mage is. A mage relies on shields and barriers to defend against attacks, an infected just takes the hits and keeps on fighting. Cypha comments on how backing down from the pain of getting stabbed through the stomach shows her opponent's a newbie at this.
Old 2013-03-17, 15:01   Link #7731
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Huh, good to know about that.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 15:05   Link #7732
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That also used to be Vita's fightstyle until she was introduced to Curren Huckebein the hard way xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-17, 15:16   Link #7733
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No, for Vita getting stabbed was an actual liability and something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Not part of the usual routine. The two are incomparable.
Old 2013-03-17, 15:26   Link #7734
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Still Vita's preferred combat style doesen't allow for much dodging or shielding. Of the old cast, she's easily the one who has taken more hits.

The difference, of course is that she has been gradually losing her capacity to withstand direct hits like her fellow Wolks while the Hucks are like Superman fused with Wolverine xDU

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2013-03-17 at 15:44.
Old 2013-03-17, 17:26   Link #7735
Justin_Brett

Quote:
I'd say it certainly "inconvenienced" her.
Well really, the whole reason she was there was to make herself look good to Touma, and that worked regardless of what Signum did, sadly.
Old 2013-03-17, 17:31   Link #7736
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Well really, the whole reason she was there was to make herself look good to Touma, and that worked regardless of what Signum did, sadly.
On Signum's defense, Tohma is nice towards Veyron even after witnessing him cackling over the corpses of three nuns xDU Tohma will be sympathetic with Cypha no matter what Signum does xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-17, 18:08   Link #7737
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
What we really need is some more information. We know Vandien has done expriments, but they are only creating replica dividers and reactors as noted with the letter and number serial. That means the originals are being developed elsewhere. Its clear the Hucks weren't infected by Vandein. They only contracted with them and got burned. While the recent arc Get Away is a nice change of pace. We do need a more clear sense of direction.
Given that the book of the Silver Cross has been around since Belkan days, it wouldn't surprise me that the real dividers are lost logia, and that Curren and her family were mostly infected with them by accident (or had someone else at some point infect them). Vanden comes along and sees the neato energy and weapons potential, and begins trying to duplicate it. Not much different than trying to duplicate a jewel seed.

Perhaps we could use more direction, but the once a month thing does hurt. With once a week, we'd be getting a faster pace and thus a more solid direction. At this point, RF6 is trying to stop the Grendels and Hucks, while also doing an investigation into Vanden and other Eclipse matters, trying to get to the bottom of where they are coming from. There is quite a bit of mystery going on, which is largely to blame for why it feels like the direction is unclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
On Signum's defense, Tohma is nice towards Veyron even after witnessing him cackling over the corpses of three nuns xDU Tohma will be sympathetic with Cypha no matter what Signum does xDU
Thoma? Nice toward Veyron? Did you miss the chapter where Thoma tried to blow Veyron up? And where Thoma's subconscious "evil" side has taken the appearance of Veyron? Thoma may be seem to be playing nice at times, but the boy has definite Veyron-issues that will come out to play sometime later.

But yeah, Thoma is a male Nanoha. He'll be "nice" toward practically every antagonist.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 18:12   Link #7738
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Silly Kaijo. Only girls can get away with stuff like that. Because boobs, I guess.
Old 2013-03-17, 18:14   Link #7739
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Silly Kaijo. Only girls can get away with stuff like that. Because boobs, I guess.
What's the loli's excuse then?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 18:17   Link #7740
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
What's the loli's excuse then?
Being Loli.

Tags
manga, nanoha force