AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 23:31   Link #1261
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
as for TE question... no comment!~ depends mostly on you but for me it is a standard romance themed mostly with harem...

to answer the anti-matter

no... Decomposition doesnt create anti matter... Energy to matter conversion is the one i am implying to.. E=MC2 simply provided there is matter and you want to turn it into energy resulting to atomic reaction.

Anti-matter is a whole another level though since if you refer to the diagram i made earlier and it would be like this

Magnet = Decomposition

Erase/delete= Corrosion

Reverse Data Counter = Anti-matter

Anti-matter ability in this scenario is what i will call 'Data Composition Reversal' meaning that it is matter reversal or simply turning matter into anti matter. So how is it related to the above.

A program uses data to create information, so to stop the creation of information, you must reverse the data being feed on the program, and that is anti matter. reversing the data disrupts information being feed therefore the program crashes and results to information termination since if matter and anti matter collide, everything goes. Much like how

information and Data = matter
Reverse Data counter = Anti-matter
Matter + Anti-matter = Energy Burst
Data + Reverse Data = Information Termination
Page = Universal Time space

Since Data and Reverse data if combined together they will not create an information that will be a fact therefore it results information termination because both of them are opposite of each other thus they wont work in the same page much like how matter and anti-matter interacts with each other

Decomposition is simply just as you know... it deletes data much like how a magnet works on a floppy disk or hard drive.

Corrosion is just like as you knew, slow dismantlement however it can be stopped but not reversed. Corrosion's effect however is much more sinister than of composition since it will corrode as well the surroundings rendering it useless. while decompositon merely deletes data be it in silent or explosive manner
Then there is the question of energy? Where is it coming from to feed the process, and Where would they go? Remember that the flow of energy neither has a begining nor an ending.
And why the heck we don't have a shotacon in TE?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 23:53   Link #1262
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Then there is the question of energy? Where is it coming from to feed the process, and Where would they go? Remember that the flow of energy neither has a begining nor an ending.
And why the heck we don't have a shotacon in TE?
Energy burst... much like how an anti matter and matter collide...
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 18:14   Link #1263
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hey, why there are an enormous number of custom YF-23 TSFs in OC fic? What could be its charm?
And why we rarely seen European TSF in action?
Old 2013-07-30, 23:29   Link #1264
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

For some reason, people seem to like the idea of having the YF-23 around, because it's supposedly cool and it had better combat performance than the Raptor.

This ignores the fact that by American standards, the Black Widow II is Awesome But Impractical; the extra combat ability it has doesn't mesh with American doctrine, and it has significantly higher maintenance and support costs compared to the Raptor. Also, it suffers from longer downtime; note the IRL ATF, where the YF-23 spent more time in the hangar and flew fewer sorties than the YF-22.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 00:10   Link #1265
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
Basically, what this man says. The hardest part is always putting the effort into getting stared: once you get there it can only get easier.

Anyway, as promised, here's the snip I was talking about. Goose looked it over just to iron out a few kinks.

Spoiler for ML: DYRL -The Miracle of Flight-:

It was supposed to be it's own full length story, and indeed I have a few more scenes after this one that are partially completed, but after writing it out I felt I was just rehashing too much of the TE Kamchatka Arc and decided to bin it. I don't think this is as in depth as DarthTabby would have liked, but it's something at least.

Good news is that I have an entire story planned for Lilia travelling though these refugee camps in disguise while she was evading the CIA. Hopefully I can get to work on that once I'm done with my other stuff... which might take a while knowing me.
Definitely quite different from what I had in mind, but darn good nonetheless. Though my inner nit picker finds the idea of Nastassja's grandfather being on the same base as her Great Aunt a little improbable (the vast majority of WWII Soviet infantry never deployed by parachute -even actual airborne troops were used mostly as food soldiers).

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, btw.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 06:24   Link #1266
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
(the vast majority of WWII Soviet infantry never deployed by parachute -even actual airborne troops were used mostly as food soldiers).
- I bet the BETA really appreciated having their food delivered to them on foot.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 09:34   Link #1267
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Hey, why there are an enormous number of custom YF-23 TSFs in OC fic? What could be its charm?
And why we rarely seen European TSF in action?
I think people like the YF-23 due to it's cool looks, has four pylons instead of two like other TSF so it can carry extra weapons and it was designed as an Anti-BETA weapon rather than an Anti-TSF weapon like the F-22. But like Wild Goose said, even though it's better, it's not cheap and has a longer and expensive maintenance which is what the US chose the YF-22 instead.

So the YF-23 it better reserved for elite pilots for few special operations and not for the entire force long term.
Old 2013-07-31, 13:40   Link #1268
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

People tend to think that YF-23 is just that cool.
(Although, it doesn't carry 4 pylons by default - the extra 2 are attachable, and come at a cost of lowered performance)

It's combat capabilities are something of a debate - it's generally assumed that YF-23 is superior to Raptor combat-wise, but there are a lot of arguments that say it's crap beyond that (short range, long maintenance, high price, completely different set-up from any other American TSF due to melee doctrine etc.)

Also, something that Goose said in one of his "fictional documents" for Comet was that YF-22, and actual F-22A, are somewhat different machines, given that there's a full decade between ATSF and first Raptors being produced.

But yeah, coolness.

Also, European TSFs rarely show up, because European front doesn't really show up beyond the aptly-called Eurofront. Granted, there's Schwarzesmarken, but it follows Eastern Germany, and East Germany uses Russian equipment anyway.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 16:02   Link #1269
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, never much a fan of Black Widow II (Why the heck they named it after a specie of spider? And what happened to the first?).
And when would we got our hand on a F-35?
Also, Takemikazuchi Type-C and Shiranui Second, which is stronger?
Old 2013-07-31, 17:37   Link #1270
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

It's named in honor of twin-engine American plan from WW2. Hence it's "2nd" incarnation. It was also the real-life designation of one of YF-23 prototypes. Almost all TSFs are named after real-world aircraft (since they're supposed to be them...just in a mecha format, and with different development schedules). This much should be obvious. The only exceptions are the Takemi, Shiranui and Fubuki.

In Muv-Luv, F-35 is finishing development near 2001 (as opposed to real-world F-35 being still developed). Since no Muv-Luv works are being planed to be set after this date, we will never see it, unless it's in TSFiA segment.

Type-00C and Type-94 Second (aka Type-04) would probably be matched, although somewhat more in favor of Shiranui Second. The Type-00C is something of a monkey model; a Takemi light if you will, and is mostly meant as mass-produce unit for generic IRG pilots. On the other hand, Type-04 is a 3rd Generation machine with some latest American tech, and is generally superior to base Shiranui (against which Type-00C is rated as being "30% better").

Since Shiranui Second is more recent, it'll probably do as well/better than Type-00Cs, but not as good as Type-00F or R.
Old 2013-07-31, 19:19   Link #1271
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post

It's named in honor of twin-engine American plan from WW2. Hence it's "2nd" incarnation. It was also the real-life designation of one of YF-23 prototypes. Almost all TSFs are named after real-world aircraft (since they're supposed to be them...just in a mecha format, and with different development schedules). This much should be obvious. The only exceptions are the Takemi, Shiranui and Fubuki.

In Muv-Luv, F-35 is finishing development near 2001 (as opposed to real-world F-35 being still developed). Since no Muv-Luv works are being planed to be set after this date, we will never see it, unless it's in TSFiA segment.

Type-00C and Type-94 Second (aka Type-04) would probably be matched, although somewhat more in favor of Shiranui Second. The Type-00C is something of a monkey model; a Takemi light if you will, and is mostly meant as mass-produce unit for generic IRG pilots. On the other hand, Type-04 is a 3rd Generation machine with some latest American tech, and is generally superior to base Shiranui (against which Type-00C is rated as being "30% better").

Since Shiranui Second is more recent, it'll probably do as well/better than Type-00Cs, but not as good as Type-00F or R.
Thanks! That is some very helpful information!
Also, do you think that the "Creator" only made one hive, or a limited number? And what happen when there are two or more 5-level-and-beyond on the same planet? I am thinking about ant and their territory.
Old 2013-07-31, 23:29   Link #1272
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

There are multiple hives all over Earth. However, there is only one Superior for the whole planet, what with BETA esp controls. Also, what I wrote on the YF-23:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Comet Chapter 7
While there are those who believe that Operation Crucible gave the YF-23 a new lease on life, in reality it was quite the opposite. The YF-23s had range issues, and needed more tanking compared to the Strike Eagles or Raptors. That also doesn't account for the fact that the YF-23's design has been static since 1991, while the Raptor EMD and production models feature numerous improvements to performance and specs over the YF-22. If the YF-23 were to be reintroduced by the USSF, it would require a significant development period, one that would be exceedingly costly, and hardly practical for a single service, particularly when the Space Force needs new hardware now, not ten years down the road.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-07-31, 23:37   Link #1273
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok! Then there are three "light-type" TSFs of US: F-14 Tomcat, F-16 Fighting Falcon and F-18 Hornet. Both the Tomcat and Hornet has a "Super" version, so why not the Falcon?
Old 2013-08-01, 00:53   Link #1274
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Ok! Then there are three "light-type" TSFs of US: F-14 Tomcat, F-16 Fighting Falcon and F-18 Hornet. Both the Tomcat and Hornet has a "Super" version, so why not the Falcon?
...dude, you really need to read up on fighters.

tl;dr short answer: the US Army is not interested in a Super Falcon concept because it's invested in the F-35A, which is the stealth lightweight TSF that'll replace the Falcon as the Lo portion of the Hi-Lo mix. (The Hi portion is currently the Eagle, which is being replaced by the Raptor).

Longer answer with more elaboration:

Light and Heavy TSFs are a concept drawn from irl fighters, and they are classed based on weight, aka how heavy the damn thing is. The F-14A Tomcat and the F-14Ex Super Tomcat are both heavy TSFs. The F-14 Tomcat and F-15 Eagle are considered heavies, due to how much they weigh, and their roles of air superiority. Meanwhile, the F-16 and F-18 are considered light TSFs, because they came out of the Lightweight TSF program, which is inspired from the IRL Lightweight Fighter program. Tl;dr, a light fighter is literally light - the F-16 and F-18 are significantly lighter than the F-14 and F-15.

The Falcon is essentially a cheap(ish) no-frills fighter, designed to be light and highly maneuverable, and to do anything. The reason it's not getting a further developed variant in Muv-Luv (as opposed to IRL, where Oman funded the F-16E/F) is because the US intends to replace the F-16 wholesale with the F-35A. The F-16 does not operate alone, but as part of a Hi-Lo mix of F-15s and F-16s. The US Army intends to move to a new Hi-Lo mix with the F-22 and the F-35.

With the US Navy, it's a different matter. With the retirement of the Tomcat, the Navy needed a fighter interceptor to replace it, plus the legacy Hornets were already getting pretty darned old. As a result, the Navy funded development of the Super Hornet, which was intended to replace the Tomcat in the fleet defense interceptor role, and also replace older Hornets. But while it's a bit bigger and a bit heavier, it's still not a heavy fighter, because it's not really in that weight range.

The Hornet is a 2nd Gen TSF, the Super Hornet a 2.5 Gen TSF that might approach 3rd gen in performance (haha, NOPE). Rather than invest money into a 2.5 Gen TSF that will be outclassed, the US Army chose to put its faith into the F-35A, which is a 3rd Gen replacement for 2nd Gen Falcons.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-08-01, 01:53   Link #1275
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...dude, you really need to read up on fighters.

tl;dr short answer: the US Army is not interested in a Super Falcon concept because it's invested in the F-35A, which is the stealth lightweight TSF that'll replace the Falcon as the Lo portion of the Hi-Lo mix. (The Hi portion is currently the Eagle, which is being replaced by the Raptor).

Longer answer with more elaboration:

Light and Heavy TSFs are a concept drawn from irl fighters, and they are classed based on weight, aka how heavy the damn thing is. The F-14A Tomcat and the F-14Ex Super Tomcat are both heavy TSFs. The F-14 Tomcat and F-15 Eagle are considered heavies, due to how much they weigh, and their roles of air superiority. Meanwhile, the F-16 and F-18 are considered light TSFs, because they came out of the Lightweight TSF program, which is inspired from the IRL Lightweight Fighter program. Tl;dr, a light fighter is literally light - the F-16 and F-18 are significantly lighter than the F-14 and F-15.

The Falcon is essentially a cheap(ish) no-frills fighter, designed to be light and highly maneuverable, and to do anything. The reason it's not getting a further developed variant in Muv-Luv (as opposed to IRL, where Oman funded the F-16E/F) is because the US intends to replace the F-16 wholesale with the F-35A. The F-16 does not operate alone, but as part of a Hi-Lo mix of F-15s and F-16s. The US Army intends to move to a new Hi-Lo mix with the F-22 and the F-35.

With the US Navy, it's a different matter. With the retirement of the Tomcat, the Navy needed a fighter interceptor to replace it, plus the legacy Hornets were already getting pretty darned old. As a result, the Navy funded development of the Super Hornet, which was intended to replace the Tomcat in the fleet defense interceptor role, and also replace older Hornets. But while it's a bit bigger and a bit heavier, it's still not a heavy fighter, because it's not really in that weight range.

The Hornet is a 2nd Gen TSF, the Super Hornet a 2.5 Gen TSF that might approach 3rd gen in performance (haha, NOPE). Rather than invest money into a 2.5 Gen TSF that will be outclassed, the US Army chose to put its faith into the F-35A, which is a 3rd Gen replacement for 2nd Gen Falcons.
Thanks! Not really into Military Aircraft, but I have always loved the F-16 (a really old movie, I think). Simply just want to see more action for it.
Also, what is the life span of an TSF series? I think is about 30 years.
Old 2013-08-01, 07:17   Link #1276
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

F-16 is physically smaller than F-14/15. So it *can't* be a heavy. It's logic.

As for TSF lifespan, it depends on how you look at it.

Operation-wise, TSF models seem to have less than 5 or so, given the technical advances. For example, MiG-27 was already outdated when it was produced, and Type-94 was getting outdated (by Japan's criteria anyway) by 2001 (which gives it around 7 years of operational life).

That said, most American and Soviet designs are generally pretty accepting or retrofits, meaning that F-15 get to live on as Strike Eagle, Silent Eagle and Active Eagle, all of which are superior to F-15C.

To summarize, most individual models will, generally, not last past the decade. However, the frames themselves can remain in use for longer, if they can be modified.
Old 2013-08-01, 07:37   Link #1277
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
F-16 is physically smaller than F-14/15. So it *can't* be a heavy. It's logic.

As for TSF lifespan, it depends on how you look at it.

Operation-wise, TSF models seem to have less than 5 or so, given the technical advances. For example, MiG-27 was already outdated when it was produced, and Type-94 was getting outdated (by Japan's criteria anyway) by 2001 (which gives it around 7 years of operational life).

That said, most American and Soviet designs are generally pretty accepting or retrofits, meaning that F-15 get to live on as Strike Eagle, Silent Eagle and Active Eagle, all of which are superior to F-15C.

To summarize, most individual models will, generally, not last past the decade. However, the frames themselves can remain in use for longer, if they can be modified.
Ok, but what about the service span. If I remember correctly, you wrote in "Comet" that some Super Hornet is even older than its pilot! Also, how much does it cost to modified a frame, then rolling it out for mass production? Pretty much, I guess.
Also, which is better: Active Eagle and Silent Eagle?
Old 2013-08-01, 07:51   Link #1278
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

It wasn't a Super Hornet, it was a Tomcat.

Well, being outdated doesn't preclude something from being used; in ML Soviets still use the outdated MiG-23s and -27s, simply because they can't really replace them with MiG-29s and Su-27s. Incidentally, Tomcats are not considered to be outdated by the US (at least in Comet), it's performance is still within the acceptable range of current-gen TSFs (especially the -D model), but there are simply other constructions that can do the same at lower price, hence Tomcats aren't being made.

Not much actually. Canon!M-L economics are actually pretty wonky; irl a wing a battalion of Raptors like Hunters would cost enough to bankrupt a small country, but M-L America is implied to be able to replace most of their older machines with Raptors. In same vein, Soviet Russia in Muv-Luv should not be realistically able to replace the losses in the TSFs, given that they have virtually no resources under their control, and it's doubtful that they could move many factories to Alaska.

It's a bit of a moot comparison, since Active Eagle is a tech demonstrator, and most likely wouldn't be used for mass production. At any rate, Silent has the advantage of Stealth, but Active has more SPPPEEEEDDDD. Avionics wise, they seem to have the same 3rd Gen equipment as other American craft.

Also, I should set something straight right now: Comet is a M-L AU, and it doesn't follow M-L world to the letter.
Old 2013-08-01, 08:04   Link #1279
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Wait a minute, now I remember that Japan isn't very rich with minerals and ores, so they depends on imported resources. And that made the cost of producing TSF in Japan higher, did it?
Also, couldn't we just try to find a way intergrating YF-23's technologies and armanments into F-22?
Old 2013-08-01, 08:09   Link #1280
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

M-L's Japan is implied to have maintained The Co-Prosperity Sphere (which was renamed the Far-Eastern Alliance, since Co-Prosperity Sphere is one of the words frowned upon in Japanese media). They most likely have raw materials from their colonies (until most of those got CHOMPed anyway).

Why would you integrate YF-23s tech into Raptor? Barring their different approaches to combat, they're similar machines. You might even say that Raptor is superior, since while it has somewhat lesser performance, it's high-tech doesn't cause it to break down every second flight like YF-23.

Plus, there's the who deal about YF-23 being made by another company.

Tags
fanfiction, harem