AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-26, 22:19   Link #901
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
battle bikinis are very magical

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 22:21   Link #902
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Not to me, not in the slightest. Though I realize it's likely sarcasm, and thus just poking fun at the fact I hate it and others don't see it as such a big deal.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 22:26   Link #903
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Well, think about it, your criticism is that its not practical from a military perspective, yet mages wear all sorts of silly outfits in recent history so its not even about practicality. Its just fashion sense at that point. Don't make me open a final fantasy art file :3

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-06-26, 22:33   Link #904
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
It's something cosmetic and therefore not all that important. The story remains the same regardless of what outfits the characters are wearing.
Old 2011-06-26, 22:56   Link #905
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

But the way we perceive a character also depends on their appearance (despite what proponents of "inner beauty" may argue). You see Chrono's black spiky BJ, you will think "uh oh, might be best to not cross this guy". You see Lutecia's...lingerie might not be the most accurate description but I can't think of a better word...and all you can think of are "You Gotta Be Shittin' Me!" and "is it April's Fool already?"
Old 2011-06-26, 22:59   Link #906
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Initial impressions are one thing, but those shouldn't last for very long. At first glance Chrono might look like a villain but he quickly proves himself to be a good guy. It would be silly to continue looking at him with suspicion afterwards just because of how he looks.

With Lutecia just shrug your shoulders and go "That's just what she chooses to wear. Whatever." It's only her barrier jacket anyways so it's not like she'll be wearing it all the time.
Old 2011-06-27, 06:49   Link #907
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
It's something cosmetic and therefore not all that important. The story remains the same regardless of what outfits the characters are wearing.
For my part i grow tired of seeing females characters wearing improbable sexy outfit in action, they may kick ass but they are sexually objectified to such a point that it is silly
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 07:23   Link #908
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
It's only her barrier jacket anyways so it's not like she'll be wearing it all the time.
Sure. After all, she's only using that to the beach- oh, wait. That's her combat attire.

Heh. I had never been ever to take any Strike Witches characters seriously back then and I don't think this will be any different.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:09   Link #909
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

So you're saying all of Lutecia's credibility is thrown out the window because you don't like her outfit?
Old 2011-06-27, 17:11   Link #910
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Huh? Not from a military aspect. My issue is it just... doesn't seem magical, again. I could care less how practical it is. As for Final Fantasy, one of my favorite outfits is precisely because it seems magical, Yuna's X outfit.

And no, Lutecia's credibility isn't thrown out the window, but it just seems silly to me.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 17:13   Link #911
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
So you're saying all of Lutecia's credibility is thrown out the window because you don't like her outfit?
Not entirely, because fortunately Lutecia is a character we know for some time, if she were started her career with this outfit, then i should have problems with her credibility. Still is a bit jarring to see her wearing something as silly as this.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 22:05   Link #912
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
It isn't the character's credibility that I have any issues with.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 03:26   Link #913
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
A bit yeay but like DezoPenguin i am also rolling my eye at the author.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 05:29   Link #914
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
So,what did happen to the "stylish fanservice" some of the peeps here were so proud of?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 15:45   Link #915
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

She changed her mind and now wears a thong

Old 2011-06-28, 17:34   Link #916
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
now you are being... I'll be nice and say nothing more.

I am talking about the claim that this franchise have stylish fanservice compared to the "shounen" or "Ikkitousen" crap. BS that was pulled out of where the sun don't shine when nipples showed up in Force. Because apparently it is stylish as long as it is Fate doing it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 19:20   Link #917
Justin_Brett

Somebody called Arnage stripping Isis for no real reason 'tasteful' and 'stylish'? Really?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 19:28   Link #918
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

The series is more adult, both are really, i don't think we need to take it seriously :/

Old 2011-06-28, 19:32   Link #919
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am talking about the claim that this franchise have stylish fanservice compared to the "shounen" or "Ikkitousen" crap.
...that's news to me
Old 2011-06-28, 19:35   Link #920
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

I mean the censoring is arbitrary, 'stylish' is not that relevant. Hate plaid or stripes, but as far as nipples go, the series wore both.

Tags
vivid