3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-30, 15:02   Link #101
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Just when I thought Senjougahara couldn't get anymore bad ass.

Just when I thought this SERIES couldn't get anymore bad ass!

The countdown ftw.

Old 2009-08-30, 15:07   Link #102
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Well one of the more common vampire lore is that they suck your blood and you turn to a vampire. Turn to vampire = power up!
But that shouldn't work since he is already a vampire?

And the fact that he let her suck for a long time since he didn't know how much blood he should be missing. So by his logic, the less blood he has left in his body, the more powerful he is?

And the other way round I was thinking would be letting the vampire inject her blood into him to provide to boost.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 15:14   Link #103
Chase

Hmmm what can i say that hasn't already been said?!?!?....Oh well, i'll just rate the episode...10!
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 15:48   Link #104
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But that shouldn't work since he is already a vampire?

And the fact that he let her suck for a long time since he didn't know how much blood he should be missing. So by his logic, the less blood he has left in his body, the more powerful he is?

And the other way round I was thinking would be letting the vampire inject her blood into him to provide to boost.
He isn't a vampire anymore, he has just some leftover vampire powers.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 16:50   Link #105
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Lol, i am quite suprised that Hitagi requested of Kanbaru to pick up Araragi from home. It doesn't have any meaning now... does it?
You can look at it this way.... now that Hitagi and Kanbaru cleared what kind of relationship they have... nothing for than friends... Hitagi now have someone she can trust to look after Ararararagi (Shitsurei, kamimashita!) so that he doesn't end up doing anything weird again... and Kanbaru even though still have the super human strength in her left arm can't do anything to hurt Araragi because that would mean her head... well that's how I see it...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 16:54   Link #106
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Excellent episode.

9/10
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 16:55   Link #107
Reekon

I read it in one of the other posts here.

The way it seems to work is like a master-servant or vampire-igor thing.

The servant gives the master blood, and in return for the favor, the servant gets powers.

Yes, I too was weirded out that losing blood tantamounts to gaining powers. But if you look at the "favor" concept, then I think Bakemonogatari is just following other vampire conventions, albeit maybe not as mainstream as the other concepts we're used to.
Reekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:08   Link #108
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Lol, i am quite suprised that Hitagi requested of Kanbaru to pick up Araragi from home. It doesn't have any meaning now... does it?
I'll just say that nothing Hitagi does is without meaning.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:19   Link #109
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I'll just say that nothing Hitagi does is without meaning.
^^ That's why she's interesting as character

Btw, does Kanbaru have a reason left to keep tailing Araragi? Like checking out for Hitagi if he doesn't betray her with a other girl? I'm kinda curious to what she'll do next.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:26   Link #110
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Pretty good episode. Not the best since the resolution was fairly predictable as things went on plus it dragged on in the middle. We all knew why she did it but had to sit there listening to Araragi be told about it. But, if it had more Hitagi, it would have been much better.

One thing this episode did make me want is the prequel. The action would surely be awesome and there would be more Shinobu, heh.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:30   Link #111
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Another great episode a perfect 10. Everything about the episode was amazing especially the fight or beat down that Kanbaru put on Araragi, and to put the icing on the cake Hitagi showed up at the end to save the day

I honestly though that Hitagi was going to go ape shit on Kanbaru at the end, but she actually was more understanding than I though she would be.

Also I liked the ending with Araragi's sister waking him up early in the morning, it reminds me so much of my two little sisters. Younger sisters can truly be a pain.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:14   Link #112
aulzon

Finally finished watching it and I loved it. Seems like the last episode of the arc is always the best.

Liked the new OP. It wasn't as random or off-the-wall as Mayoi's OP but it's a good change from stable staple.

The fights scenes were extremely well animated and stylized. Felt a bit like FLCL there for a while. I liked the paintball effect, it would have been a little over the top if they would have painted it blood red in my opinion.

Also did they use the instrumental version of the Kanbaru's OP during the end when Senjougahara appeared? Seems like they have a motif going with using OP instrumental during key parts.

Anyways can't wait for Snake.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 19:20   Link #113
Raiga
tl;dr

Anyone mind uploading the .ass for the gg sub? I've got the raw but my dad's watching my bandwith usage like a hawk so I can't just torrent the .mkv (at least not while he's awake).
Old 2009-08-30, 20:58   Link #114
hei

8/10.
In the novel, there are interesting twist and turns in the Suruga arc, but they are not well presented in the anime. Also, the anime shoud have given more explanation for the vampire thing. For those who did not read the novel, it will be quite difficult to understand what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Anyway, novel readers. What's up with Kanbaru's hand at the end? Is it still that fugly hairy thing underneath? Cuz bandage +1 but that hairy arm -100...
Yes, it's still hairy. The devil was gone, but hairs will remain for the time being. In the next episode where Kanbaru will have the most air time (except Rararagi-kun), she will explain it in detail by herself. Kanbaru tore~!
hei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 21:13   Link #115
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I really loved how Araragi broke down his way of thinking ot Oshino right before walking through the door.

"hating people is a part of life, Ill pass on getting killed, but if looking up to Senjougahara is the reason Kanaru hates me, its forgivable."

Excellent just freaking the way he explains make its so simple and that much more real since everyday life is just like how he described it.
Old 2009-08-30, 22:24   Link #116
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Also did they use the instrumental version of the Kanbaru's OP during the end when Senjougahara appeared? Seems like they have a motif going with using OP instrumental during key parts.
Yes, that was Kanbaru's theme. It's pretty common to play a character's theme when he or she appears, to emphasise the mood and to trigger subconscious associations with the character's personality. For example, pay attention to Oshino's theme — it's a peculiar mix of western and jazz that conjures up the image of a lone stranger in the Wild West, someone strangely likeable yet very dangerous at the same time.

Have watched the subs, and am pretty pleased with how everything was resolved. Others might find Senjougahara's behaviour strange, but like Raiga, I find her to be completely in-character. Actually, she was being quite tender, in her own unique way, reminding Araragi how he'd let her down and yet standing up for him at the same time.

More importantly, the way she resolved her issues with Kanbaru completely underscores the way I've interpreted their estranged relationship. Kanbaru was consumed by hatred towards Araragi for being someone she could not be — a heterosexual lover to Senjougahara. Her beloved senpai simply doesn't like her in that way, as Senjougahara makes plain at last.

If Senjougahara had been more open with her rejection at the time, then perhaps this turn of events could have been avoided. Instead, an open wound was allowed to fester, twisting Kanbaru's heart.

Still, you got to love how Senjougahara touches Kanbaru as part of the resolution. It wasn't just for the sake of fan service, you know. It's her way of expressing that she does like Kanbaru, but that such tenderness should not be misunderstood for yuri love.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 23:29   Link #117
velderia
Former NEET.

This episode was an amazing perfect 10. I almost cried. This is the best anime I've seen in so long and erased the bad taste in my mouth from Haruhi's Endless Eight. <3 <3

The fight scene was animated very well, even with the random kanji and all. The way the wish concluded was brilliant.

Gah! I just love this! Made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I really loved how Araragi broke down his way of thinking ot Oshino right before walking through the door.

"hating people is a part of life, Ill pass on getting killed, but if looking up to Senjougahara is the reason Kanaru hates me, its forgivable."

Excellent just freaking the way he explains make its so simple and that much more real since everyday life is just like how he described it.
So true.
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 23:31   Link #118
HandofFate

now that the arc is over, was there anything important that was taken out from the novel version?
Old 2009-08-30, 23:46   Link #119
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ I'd appreciate if you asked that question in the light novel discussion thread instead? Those who've read the novel aren't at liberty to reveal spoilers in this thread, in any case.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 01:49   Link #120
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Araragi-kun can only use 1/10 of his powers when he was full vampire. 1/10 being after Shinobu-chan sucking enough blood that he reached his limit, any more and he'll probably faint from blood loss. Now imagine how powerful he was in the prequel at 100% strength and given more years, possibly stronger.
Also seems Shinobu still has strong powers left over? Meme mentioned her blade can cut off Kanbaru's arm so efficiently that she won't even have time to feel pain