Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 01:40   Link #1201
gonzo562

shanks look so bad ass
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 02:05   Link #1202
Aesthetic Shampoo

I really hope they don't stick to the 1 episode 1 chapter thing in the future episodes, if it didn't work during an action based arc its going to completely fail in a story based one.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 02:08   Link #1203
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, considering how close they are to where the manga is, if they DIDN'T do it this way, expect ALOT of filler.
Old 2011-03-06, 02:08   Link #1204
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Unless the anime goes on hiatus or does long filler arcs, the slow pace can't be avoided.
Old 2011-03-06, 02:52   Link #1205
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Unless the anime goes on hiatus or does long filler arcs, the slow pace can't be avoided.

Though, where the series is going....

I can see reasonable filler of the world coming up~
Old 2011-03-06, 03:36   Link #1206
Aesthetic Shampoo

I think i'd prefer filler if the wait is worth it.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 05:57   Link #1207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I would probably go as far as to say that this was my favourite episode of the arc. It helps that the music placement was absolutly spot on, especially for 'over look of the battlefield' scene towards the end. So good, just so good. I also liked how they used the piece known as 'Luffy's Fierce Attack' twice, which the episode was focused on Shanks. It's pretty much his own piece now.

I can see fillers starting pretty soon, though like i've said in the past, there's plenty of material to go with.
Old 2011-03-06, 07:51   Link #1208
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Wooo.. And thats the marine arc finished..

Shanks is BEAST !
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 07:52   Link #1209
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice end to the Marineford arc. Shanks was total bad ass. Hope Law can save Luffy and Jimbei.
Old 2011-03-06, 09:21   Link #1210
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
I think i'd prefer filler if the wait is worth it.
Ditto.
What's the point of getting canon episodes quickly if they are not gonna be as enjoyable as they should be?

The absolutely terrible pacing is so bad that it HAS taken its toll on the quality of the canon episodes. What should have been an incredibly epic arc was dragged down to mediocrity for the most part because of the slow pacing. It just made it a hell of a lot less enjoyable than it should have been; honestly i can't even sit through the whole episode it takes so long for things to happen. Its really is a bad sign when you spend 5 minutes on intro theme and recap and yet still can't pace the story well. I'd gladly endure a year or so of filler if it meant that the canon episodes could be as well paced and enjoyable as they should be.

Really One piece is a series that will one day benefit greatly from the DBZ Kai treatment

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-03-06 at 11:53.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 11:16   Link #1211
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ My sentiments exactly.

-----

I liked how Toei added in a stare down between the RH pirates and BB pirates. They too can see an inevitable clash between the two factions.

And on that note, I can't wait to see BB kick Shanks' butt later on (perhaps even resulting in his death) .

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2011-03-06 at 13:41.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 14:25   Link #1212
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm one of the rare ones who doesn't have any problems with the pacing. Sure i wish it was paced just like the manga (a good example would be Dragon Ball Kai), though i honestly don't think it's anyway near as bad as most people make it out to be. I truly enjoyed this arc animated.

Quote:
And on that note, I can't wait to see BB kick Shanks' butt later on (perhaps even resulting in his death) .
I'll also have to disagree with the second part of this.
Old 2011-03-06, 14:44   Link #1213
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm one of the rare ones who doesn't have any problems with the pacing. Sure i wish it was paced just like the manga (a good example would be Dragon Ball Kai), though i honestly don't think it's anyway near as bad as most people make it out to be. I truly enjoyed this arc animated.
I enjoy everything about the anime except for the pacing. The wonderful soundtrack, superb voice talent, vibrant colours, etc., all bring Oda's story to life beautifully. It's just that the slow pace makes the experience less enjoyable than it can potentially be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'll also have to disagree with the second part of this.
Differences aside, we can safely say their showdown will be one of epic proportions .
Old 2011-03-06, 15:09   Link #1214
marvelB

Yeah, the pacing seriously irks me, as well. It's pretty much why I've only been watching bits and pieces of the anime since around the Enies Lobby arc (actually, I've had issues with the pacing even before then, like when Toei practically fillerized over half of the Davy Back Fight arc..... ). I'd definitely watch the anime again in full once One Piece Kai comes out, though..... about 20 years from now.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 15:17   Link #1215
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll agree that the pacing does destroy a lot of things, though the elements Blackbeard brought up such as the musical score, voice work and so on totally make it up for me, so it just doesn't bother me how slow the events are being adapted.

Quote:
Differences aside, we can safely say their showdown will be one of epic proportions .
For sure. I hope it'll also be the first time we actually see Shanks in battle, adding that huge surprise element to the clash.

& yeah, fingers will forever be crossed, hoping we'll see One Piece get the Kai treatment in the future. The very distant future.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:49   Link #1216
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Kinda funny when you think about how it's been 10 years in the anime since Shanks has seen Luffy, and it's actually been over 10 years since that episode aired. A fun fact if you will.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 17:38   Link #1217
Blitzer

seeing the episode makes me think that shanks and his crew will be the one who will deal with the BB pirates not the Strawhats.hmm
Blitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 19:09   Link #1218
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Nice end to the Marineford arc. Shanks was total bad ass. Hope Law can save Luffy and Jimbei.
Situation-wise, he sorta does. Medical-wise, Jinbei will be allright but Law would have a difficult time with healing Luffy both physically and emotionally. On to the next arc. [snip]

Last edited by james0246; 2011-03-08 at 02:10. Reason: do not hint about upcoming events.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 17:45   Link #1219
Kallen4life

I'd take filler any day .. we are well-versed in Bleach & Naruto fillers (for better or for worse), but OP doesn't have that many - I'd try some if it meant a faster pace

Bepo was cute
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 11:45   Link #1220
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
seeing the episode makes me think that shanks and his crew will be the one who will deal with the BB pirates not the Strawhats.hmm
Yes but then people say that Shank gets owned and Blackbeard kills him, but it might lead to that, and then in the end Luffy beats the crap out of Blackbeard? Right..?
^
Total guess but I wonder if that would really happen since Shank is also a peacemaker. He wouldn't start a fight for no reason at all..
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote